Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2013, 12:47 PM   #31
Tinks1984
We're having a mini party!
I couldn't believe how many there was in the bag!

Reporting back...another who really enjoyed it.

I knew it wasn't going to be as good as on stage vocal wise, but I'd prepared for that before watching and was proved correct. But, I still loved it. Cried through out at different scenes and didn't want it to go off. I also really wanted to applaude like in the theatre at the end and no-one else did I reserved myself!

I will say though, what I found, was that I understood the story that little bit more since watching the film. Purely because they can do more to make it look 'real', as in add more props and effects than when on stage. So, if there's first timers out there giving it a chance, I think after watching they'd get a wonderful appriciation of it when then going to see it live at the theatre.

I also think it's certainly a film for the big screen, the DVD won't do it any justice at all, though I'll still buy it I was still singing the songs in my head at work sat at my desk this morning Great film.
Tinks1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:12 PM   #32
sharon78
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinks1984 View Post
Reporting back...another who really enjoyed it.

I knew it wasn't going to be as good as on stage vocal wise, but I'd prepared for that before watching and was proved correct. But, I still loved it. Cried through out at different scenes and didn't want it to go off. I also really wanted to applaude like in the theatre at the end and no-one else did I reserved myself!

I will say though, what I found, was that I understood the story that little bit more since watching the film. Purely because they can do more to make it look 'real', as in add more props and effects than when on stage. So, if there's first timers out there giving it a chance, I think after watching they'd get a wonderful appriciation of it when then going to see it live at the theatre.

I also think it's certainly a film for the big screen, the DVD won't do it any justice at all, though I'll still buy it I was still singing the songs in my head at work sat at my desk this morning Great film.
You would of been fine in our cinema, no end of people applauded at the end. seemed like the right thing to do at the time

DLP~1993 DLP~2002 WDW~2004 WDW~2007 DLP~2009 DLP~2009 DLC~2010
sharon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-14-2013, 02:51 PM   #33
thestevied
DIS Veteran

Amazing film. 10/10.
1st trip - July 1989 WDW, 2nd trip - Aug1993 WDW, 3rd trip - July 1997 Tokyo Disneyland, 4th trip - June 1999 WDW, 5th trip - Sept 2002 WDW, 6th trip - Sept 2003 WDW, 7th trip - Feb 2004 Euro Disney, 8th trip - Jan 2005 WDW, 9th trip - June 2005 WDW, 10th trip - Sept 2006 WDW, 11th trip - Sept 2007 WDW, 12th trip - Oct 2008 Disneyland, 13th trip - Sept 2009 WDW, 14th trip - Sept 2010 WDW AKL, 15th trip September 2011 - Dolphin resort, 16th trip - September 2013, Yacht Club
UK spending game no.12

thestevied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:54 PM   #34
TotallyAngelic
Disney Addict

Quote:
I also really wanted to applaude like in the theatre at the end and no-one else did I reserved myself!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharon78 View Post
You would of been fine in our cinema, no end of people applauded at the end. seemed like the right thing to do at the time
Applause in our cinema too
TotallyAngelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:32 AM   #35
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Oh definitely I've not seen it live although I've got the DVD of the 25th at the O2. Watching the DVD after seeing the film I understand it much better. I loved the film and although I appreciate nothing can beat watching it live (I hope to get to see it one day) I think the film was absolutely fantastic from start to finish.

11/10 for me.
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:00 PM   #36
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

I finally got to see it today. In the end the IMAX showing times did not fit in with our plans so we watched. I think I need a second go around to form an informed opinion so I am hoping to watch it in IMAX next Saturday.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:59 PM   #37
Mrs Doubtfire
DIS Veteran

Just seen this thread and glad to see the good reviews. My dd has just asked her grandma and grandad to take her this week so it looks like they will have a good night

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: