Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2013, 05:01 PM   #61
Supermom3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutgers1 View Post
It is my opinion that Disney hasn't produced anything to match or exceed Spider Man at Universal from a technology standpoint. It debuted 13 years ago. Since then, Universal has created yet another ride, Harry Potter, that hasn't been matched or exceeded by Disney.

I gather that the new Fantasy Land refurb is supposed to be Disney's answer to Harry Potter Land. Although it will be a great addition to the park, I don't see it as meeting nor exceeding that which Universal created.

What Avatar Land has going against it is that few people have the connection to Avatar that they do to Harry Potter. It was wildly popular in the theaters, but never had that same lasting connection to the audience. That is why I feel an investment in Star Wars would be money better spent. Not only could Disney meet the standard set by Universal, but it could also exceed it in a big way.

Yet, barring a switch over to a Star Wars land, I am in agreement that whatever they cook up has to be mind blowing.
Supermom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 05:12 PM   #62
MJMcBride
Barely lost is barely found

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrook

Turn the Imagineers loose and let them do their thing! It would be awesome if their goal was to one up WWoHP. Competition in this case is a great thing. Just make it a richly themed area. Everyone will enjoy it. Just don't use Dino Land as a model.
Dinoland is one of the most detailed and themed lands in any park

WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom
MJMcBride is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-12-2013, 05:15 PM   #63
twebber55
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermom3 View Post
again this is all based on opinion...ill repeat
all time gross number 1
all time blue ray number 1
high viewing numbers on FX first time shown

i have yet to see a reason why this land cant be amazing
June 2010 BWV
June 2011 VB
June 2011 BC
June 2012 BC
June 2012 THV
June 2014 BC
twebber55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 05:18 PM   #64
MJMcBride

If Disney had potter everyone would be excited. They have Avatar and many are annoyed. How's that for a reason?

Like I said. I'm willing to see what they do. I don't care about the movie but there may be cool attractions. I just think I would be more interested in a Beastly Kingom, Australia or Mysterious Island

WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Old 01-12-2013, 05:37 PM   #65
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJMcBride View Post
Dinoland is one of the most detailed and themed lands in any park
The carnival area of Chester and Hester's Dino Rama cannot be considered among WDW greatest accomplishments.
  • WDW Estimated Ride Capacities
bcrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:32 PM   #66
twebber55
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJMcBride
If Disney had potter everyone would be excited. They have Avatar and many are annoyed. How's that for a reason?

Like I said. I'm willing to see what they do. I don't care about the movie but there may be cool attractions. I just think I would be more interested in a Beastly Kingom, Australia or Mysterious Island
Many are not annoyed just a few. Protesters are always the loudest. Many disney fans made fun of uni for getting hp.
June 2010 BWV
June 2011 VB
June 2011 BC
June 2012 BC
June 2012 THV
June 2014 BC
twebber55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:04 PM   #67
Peter Pirate 2
I may be a Disney curmudgeon but I still have Disney hope
What happened to Peter Pirate?

Quote:

Pushing for BK, MI or Aus. is kind of like peeing into the wind. They've all been considered and overwhelmingly rejected by Disney for reasons we'll never know.

MI was a basic concept that never was feasible.

Australia is what I'd personally like. More animals, more mother nature, maybe a cool ride, more cerebral, Disney will never go for it.

I think BK would have been a terrible mess that was based on nothing BUT because Avatar is real, much of that concept or imagination can be utilized. If you think BK had potential I cannot possibly see your aversion to Aatar.
Peter Pirate 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:13 PM   #68
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Pirate 2 View Post
Pushing for BK, MI or Aus. is kind of like peeing into the wind. They've all been considered and overwhelmingly rejected by Disney for reasons we'll never know.

MI was a basic concept that never was feasible.

Australia is what I'd personally like. More animals, more mother nature, maybe a cool ride, more cerebral, Disney will never go for it.

I think BK would have been a terrible mess that was based on nothing BUT because Avatar is real, much of that concept or imagination can be utilized. If you think BK had potential I cannot possibly see your aversion to Aatar.
Australia would be great. As a new land or replace Rafiki Planet Watch?
Old 01-13-2013, 07:31 AM   #69
MJMcBride

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrook View Post
The carnival area of Chester and Hester's Dino Rama cannot be considered among WDW greatest accomplishments.
I didn't say that. ASll I said it is one of the most detailed and themed places in a park. People just don't notice

WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Old 01-13-2013, 07:34 AM   #70
MJMcBride

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrook View Post
Australia would be great. As a new land or replace Rafiki Planet Watch?
My thoughts on Australia. See if it can fit by Nemo and build out from there towards Everest and the water

Build a small harbor with sea lions, shops and eateries

Log flume

Eucalyptus Forest path with tree kangaroos, lorikeets, playtpus and of course, koalas

Meet n greet with Perry?

WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Old 01-13-2013, 09:23 AM   #71
johnnycake
Earning My Ears

About 3 years ago all of the major news net works in central FL reported that Australia land coming to DAK. Wondering how close Disney to develop this land
johnnycake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:21 AM   #72
Merbean09
Mouseketeer

My main problem with AvatarLand is that the other movies have not even come out yet. What if the other two are not as wonderful, or maybe people start to not like them so much. I dislike it when people try to get in on a franchise when it's not even complete yet. I also understand that it probably won't be complete until the full trilogy comes out, but why invest until you're positive?
Just like how the Harry Potter books were not complete when the movies started, I felt like that was why they went from "happy series" in the first two, almost three films to, "dark and angsty".
Merbean09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:36 AM   #73
beer dave
There are 10 kinds of people in the world-- those who understand the binary numbering system, and those who do not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merbean09 View Post
My main problem with AvatarLand is that the other movies have not even come out yet. What if the other two are not as wonderful, or maybe people start to not like them so much. I dislike it when people try to get in on a franchise when it's not even complete yet. I also understand that it probably won't be complete until the full trilogy comes out, but why invest until you're positive?
Isn't this an example of taking a chance and being foreward thinking as we all ask Disney to do?

Taking a chance on an investment is the most simplistic form of investing. If they wait until everyone is positive, the price goes up.
beer dave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:51 AM   #74
Merbean09
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by beer dave View Post
Isn't this an example of taking a chance and being foreward thinking as we all ask Disney to do?

Taking a chance on an investment is the most simplistic form of investing. If they wait until everyone is positive, the price goes up.

TBH, I think my main problem is more with the actual movies than with what Disney wants to do with it. I just don't get the hype (though I do agree if Disney put effort into it, it could be an amazing 'land'). I watched it and seriously felt as though I was watching Pocahontas with real people. That's another debate though
Merbean09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:12 PM   #75
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I didn't say that. ASll I said it is one of the most detailed and themed places in a park. People just don't notice
. I understand, there is much to marvel at in Dino land.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: