Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2013, 12:07 AM   #31
Redwavess
Mallory's Magical Wish

Wow great job on the plans!!!! You are so organized and have everything planned so well!!! Great job on that!!!

The dueling pianos is something I have always wanted to see too!! You'll have to let me know how it goes if you are able to go there. I loved Living with the Land!!! Not sure why, but I got a huge kick out of it!!! It could have something to do with the fact that it is very different than anything I had rode before at our trips to Disneyland.

I'm so excited for you guys and can't wait to hear more!!!

Happy Counting down,

Madeline

PS -- I completely agree with you about the issues with the GAC. It is too bad that it has been abused and now Disney feels like that have to make changes because of it!!! Being the mother of a daughter with serious heart issues it is upsetting that the abuse of the GAC has led to this. I wish you could bring a DRs note and that would be sufficient, but then again people would find a way to abuse that!!!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2602026 Mallory Makes a Magical Wish! -- UPDATE -- I wish for... Rudolph!? pg. 4 Post #46

Redwavess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 07:23 AM   #32
AnnieDan_Artlover
Mouseketeer

Swwake, that's exactly why I'm talking about those FP+ and kinda the whole point of the PTR/TR, right? To answer questions

You are right, FP+ is like a regular FP, 1 hour to use it... It was a typo for the Soarin' one. It's from 7-8pm that day.

When I started the planning, I got offered 3-packs.
I'd choose a park for that day (only one park) and then pick from a list of attractions (not all attractions were always offered... for example, for the days I said I wanted MK FP+, POTC was offered only once!). I would get asked to put the attractions in order... the most important one first.
And then I'd get offered only 4 choices.
Say I chose, in MK, POTC, IASW and Space Mountain, and put Space Mountain first.

I might get offered POTC at 9h15-10h15, IASW 10h15-11h15 and Space 14h-15h. Then other combinations, in different orders and different times.
I was clearly told I could always change times or switch for another attraction choice.

And if I chose only 2 FP+ (say I thought we felt we didn't need to have an FP+ for the 3rd day in that same park!), we'd get a 3rd one thrown in anyways. And since it wasn't necessarily one we liked or thought we needed an FP for, that's why I got repetitive FPs. I figured, might as well get FP+ for the rides I like to ride more than once, and also in case we miss them.
And if by the end of our stay we figure we'd rather ride some of the other stuff, and we haven't been able to because of lines, we'll just change it.

The limit is indeed at 3 FP+ a day. But maybe it's because of our APs. Maybe it's more otherwise... I think I read about other people making 4 FP+ a day in the boards... Still not that much.
Then again, since you're limited to 1 per hour...

I have no idea how busy or not it'll be, but if it's anything like last time we went, we won't even need all the FP+ we have.
Except for rides like Soarin' and Space Mountain...

And if it's busier and lines are too long for me to stand in them, well I'll ask for that DAS and as long as they don't tell me to "just rent a scooter" (which then I might become one of those not-so-nice customer, asking how is that not discriminatory...), I'll just have FPs when the wait is over 10-20min (depending on the heat), so I'm not too worried.

But I do feel it's not a lot.
I mean, with the old system, people with good planning could hit a lot of attractions in a day. Because it could be 1 FP at a time OR 1h in-between.
So if the wait with FP was just 40min, you could have 3 FPs in 2 hours. And if you planned your whole day around FPs, you could hit all the FPs-attractions in the day. (I never did that though).
I don't think the 3 FPs a day will stay that way once it's the same for everyone. Because they want people to have more time in the park and be more happy, not wait in lines more.

As for being limited to one park, it's really that. And it's so far what irritates me the most.
Especially since, yes Swwake, if you take a fireworks or parade FP+ (only available on weekend nights Fri-Sat-Sun btw, which means we won't get one for our Wishes/MSEP nights... well I'm trying for one, but they don't show it to me), you lose an attraction FP+.
And if you want to spend the day, say, in AK and, with it closing so early, spend the evening in a park with evening entertainment and use an FP+ for that... no way.
Or you just use all the FP+ in that evening.
Which is what we had to do.
I had to look at what days we could stay in one park, or what days we were going back a 3rd time at a park, so we wouldn't mind not having FPs, and using those FPs in the evening, using one for "entertainment".

Made for some puzzles.
I understand it has to do with "because it's in testing", because otherwise it wouldn't make sense.
I mean, limiting attraction FPs, sure, you don't want everyone to be in the FP line, it wouldn't make sense to have that line getting longer... and the number of slots is limited.
But rides and entertainment is exclusive. I mean, of course spaces are limited there too... just say when it's full and that's it. I would let people have, as an example, 3 FP+ in park attractions every day, and maybe a set number in entertainment for the vacation. Or one every day (for the people living in the area and not staying there). And I would definitely make those "splittable".
If I look at my planning, I wouldn't have minded so much habing all my FP+ needing to be in the same park, if it weren't for those show FP+!
If we had entertainment FP+ which we could use independently, that would already much better. For people touring like me, anyways.

Madeline, thanks for the nice words.
I've learned how to Disney plan in the best place : here!
Well, I've always been a planner.

But it's still loosely planned, we might change (like leave at a different time, skip something). I'm not one to plan a rides schedule or anything.
With my health it wouldn't be possible anyways.

Thank you girls...

AnnieDan_Artlover is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-14-2013, 01:36 PM   #33
swwake
RIP our sweet Magic (09/27/10)

Well I suspect what will happen is people will stop buying the park-hopper if they are limited by Disney to fast-passes only in one park per day. When Disney figures out they are losing money on that (the park hopper upgrade), they will figure out a way to allow fast passes in more than one park per day. Ultimately, they win, because chances are people will get their FP or FP+ in more than one park, then change plans and not use them, but they've then still paid for the PH add-on.

I read somewhere that there is an unwritten rule that people at deluxe resorts may get more FP+ than people at value, etc. They don't want to broadcast that, because they don't want uproar, so supposedly it will be a behind-the-scenes thing.

Best option for us will be to go during off-season (Sept/Oct) when the crowds are low and you don't really need FP or FP+. Then get them and use them as we want to, and not worry about it if they don't get used.

I guess this system also removes the option of sprinkling fairy dust and giving people your FP as you're leaving the park and they're entering.

Visit my travel blog: Oh, the Places We'll Go!
December 2011 PTR September 2010 Trip Report Oasis of the Seas Cruise TR Las Vegas TR
1974, 1983, 1987, 1989 off property * 1988 DL * 1989 Premiere Cruise & Disney * 1997 ASMu * 1998 CBR * 2000 DL * 2008 BC * 2010 AKL CL * 2011 Poly CL * 2013 CBR
swwake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 09:00 AM   #34
AnnieDan_Artlover
Mouseketeer

You know Swwake, I completely agree!
It was fun to sprinkle some fairy dust that way... Then again I might say when you're dead tired and in lots of pain or sick, you don't always feel like trying to find someone to hand out the FPs to...
But usually, it was fun.

It's funny you speak of going in the off season where FPs aren't even needed... as it WAS our plan. Until the reality of that season's weather hit me.

I had heard of Deluxe guests getting a few "perks" but I also know it's not necessarily a given. But if we get a perk like that, well yay. If we don't I'll have to see about that... what's that new name again? DAS? that disability FP.

And I'm 100% they will adapt, and this 3 FP a day limited to one park and including all categories is just for the testing period. Otherwise they'll just lose in so many ways, not just money. Well, it always comes down to money, but, ya know.

Talking about that... No matter how much I tried, I can't secure a BOG dining ADR, but while I was looking I saw "we now offer FP+ for lunch". mmm, interesting!
So I clicked the link... which, just like when I click the link for Wishes or MSEP, brings me NOWHERE.
I get brought back to my usual FP+ selection page, where I'm offered to change my FP+ choices (if I hadn't already chose them all I could make new ones, too).

But if I say "heck, lets try!" and hit "change existing"... BOG for lunch is NOT a choice.

It gives me that too for Wishes and MSEP. I know it's only available on weekends (which, you know, would be nice of them to tell us...), but even when I check on days it's supposed to be available... nothing.
I mean, if it's just FULL, couldn't they just show it as available AND FULL?! It would at least show us it's not just a bug in the system!!!

And, as an aside... since we're testing that thing, I think it would be nice to have a quick link to report problems. Just sayin'.

So I went online and looked for info about that new BOG FP+ for lunch...
And found that people were booking that and it was great! They were booking for November right now... so it should be open... and it didn't seem to be something that was soooo full that it was impossible to get...
And one person had a review with pics... and when that person clicked the link, the result was no where near what I got!

I still don't know if a BOG FP+ would count as one of the 3... I'm guessing yes, but we wouldn't mind too much (I can do Space Mountain one time less!)... but so far it seems we won't even find out. argh.

On a totally different topic, I am trying to decide on which day we should have the grocery delivered.
Yeah, we decided to have grocery delivered.
We are driving, so we could, technically, bring everything. Or stop on the way, at Publix, for example.
But we'll arrive in Orlando past 8pm we're guessing.
And we'll be spending our first 2 nights in Pop Century.
With most of our stuff in the car, in the Florida heat. (Or maybe we'll bring the stuff in... yeah, maybe we will).
But it means : no time to go grocery shopping... no space to put the groceries.
And once on Disney property, I really won't feel like getting back out just for that!!!

So Mama decided she'd rather pay the extra to have it delivered.
And I happily approved.

We're gonna go with Garden Grocers, which we had used in 2008 (well, I think!)... for a 14$ fee I think it's worth not bothering
It's nice to have the pics of everything to choose.

BUT... when do we have everything shipped?!
On the day we switch resorts, in the early afternoon... hoping we get our studio early, at the risk of having to wait for that, or wait after the groceries, and lose some time in the parks? (Of course we're not in a huge hurry, but still, we'll be frustrated if that happens...)
Or
On our 1st full day at Boardwalk Villas, in the late afternoon, at the point when we have a rest at the resort planned... and then not have our stuff for yet another day?!

We don't plan on a whole lot, it's not mega grocery.
Mostly some breakfast stuff, like bread and eggs, and drinks : milk, water, soda.

It may be because I'm tired, but I can't see the solution.
And it's not to bring everything but the fresh stuff, because then we don't have the 40$ minimum for the order... (plus, having water in a car for almost a week, in the sun, isn't very good).

Any ideas?
Old 10-18-2013, 08:22 PM   #35
AnnieDan_Artlover
Mouseketeer

Well, we found a solution for the grocery

We will bring the soda and water... being careful not to let the water in the sun... and will bring that in POP our first night (along with everything else... I still remember a boombox I had that melted in the sun after being left in the car!).

...and all the rest I just ordered at Garden Grocers, for delivery on our 1st full day at Boardwalk Villas, at the end of our day. I moved dinner time around so we wouldn't feel rushed, and since we would be going through Epcot on our way back from MK anyways, instead of going back there after the grocery delivery... I'm guessing we might've decided to just eat in, being too tired
So we'll eat earlier (which we usually prefer) and have the latest delivery time of 7-9pm. And then relax. Or go to Jellyrolls that night.

...Haha, while I was typing this, Garden Grocers called me to confirm! And they told me we didn't have to be there (I thought I remembered that, but wasn't absolutely sure...) and reassured me that bell services where they would keep our stuff until we went to pick them up would have everything refrigerated... So I asked if we could change the delivery time... she didn't seem happy about it (well then, why mention online "You have to be present" and then on the phone "you don't"?! It changes things!), but said I should email them and ask.
So it's what I did... asked for the previous day, same time.
So the groceries would arrive just a few hours before us, and we would have our stuff for our first morning at Boardwalk Villas...
and either way, now we won't have to do anything special on Halloween night (our 1st full day at BWV). So we will have the choice to either go back to the room (well... villa... keep calling it the room) before heading back out to Epcot for dinner later... or eat while going through Epcot on the way back from MK... or do both?

It's just starting to hit me that we're leaving in a week.
Hey, it means single digits dance!
Anxiety is starting to creep in... I hadn't been realizing that we were truly leaving until now... and it was fine as there wasn't so much to be done.

But now there is, packing among other things.
And panic is setting in

Soooo... gotta go!

Old 10-19-2013, 05:32 PM   #36
Redwavess
Mallory's Magical Wish

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieDan_Artlover View Post

Well, we found a solution for the grocery

We will bring the soda and water... being careful not to let the water in the sun... and will bring that in POP our first night (along with everything else... I still remember a boombox I had that melted in the sun after being left in the car!).

...and all the rest I just ordered at Garden Grocers, for delivery on our 1st full day at Boardwalk Villas, at the end of our day. I moved dinner time around so we wouldn't feel rushed, and since we would be going through Epcot on our way back from MK anyways, instead of going back there after the grocery delivery... I'm guessing we might've decided to just eat in, being too tired
So we'll eat earlier (which we usually prefer) and have the latest delivery time of 7-9pm. And then relax. Or go to Jellyrolls that night.

...Haha, while I was typing this, Garden Grocers called me to confirm! And they told me we didn't have to be there (I thought I remembered that, but wasn't absolutely sure...) and reassured me that bell services where they would keep our stuff until we went to pick them up would have everything refrigerated... So I asked if we could change the delivery time... she didn't seem happy about it (well then, why mention online "You have to be present" and then on the phone "you don't"?! It changes things!), but said I should email them and ask.
So it's what I did... asked for the previous day, same time.
So the groceries would arrive just a few hours before us, and we would have our stuff for our first morning at Boardwalk Villas...
and either way, now we won't have to do anything special on Halloween night (our 1st full day at BWV). So we will have the choice to either go back to the room (well... villa... keep calling it the room) before heading back out to Epcot for dinner later... or eat while going through Epcot on the way back from MK... or do both?

It's just starting to hit me that we're leaving in a week.
Hey, it means single digits dance!
Anxiety is starting to creep in... I hadn't been realizing that we were truly leaving until now... and it was fine as there wasn't so much to be done.

But now there is, packing among other things.
And panic is setting in

Soooo... gotta go!

Hooray for the single digit dance!!!!

I'm glad that your grocery problem worked out!! That will help make things easier!!!

And I'm so excited that your trip is right around the corner!!!

Good luck with all the packing and last minute details!!!

Hugs,

Madeline

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2602026 Mallory Makes a Magical Wish! -- UPDATE -- I wish for... Rudolph!? pg. 4 Post #46

Redwavess is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: