Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2013, 10:13 PM   #1
PrincessHanasMom
Earning My Ears

Electrical Parade from Terrace Dessert Party?

Can anyone comment on viewing the Main Street Electrical Parade from the Wishes Terrace Dessert Party? We are going in February and, for the night we are going to MK, the website is showing both Wishes and MSEP starting at 8:00. We have a 7:20 reservation for the Terrace Dessert Party. I am looking for suggestions on how to let my DD4 to see both, as it is her first trip to WDW.
PrincessHanasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:21 PM   #2
Becky925
Mouseketeer

I was at the party in October. You can hear the music but you can't really see the parade well at all. Just the tops of the bigger floats. I'm sure someone will come along with a viewing suggestion for you that's just my experience.
Becky925 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-05-2013, 10:25 PM   #3
1stvisit0909
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky925 View Post
I was at the party in October. You can hear the music but you can't really see the parade well at all. Just the tops of the bigger floats. I'm sure someone will come along with a viewing suggestion for you that's just my experience.
I was at the party in Dec. I agree, you can see the tops and hear the music.

We waited until the night we were staying to 1 and they ran the parade 2x and watched it at 11. Great viewing then!

And you can go in the dessert party at 7, not at your ressie time, just FYI. If you wait the desserts may get picked over. Ours was at 9 b/c wishes started at 10, and people who waited to come in still had plenty, but not as many choices. People lined up at 830 (us included) and they let us in right at 9. Food was ready then.

Coronado Springs 2014 PTR
Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time TR POFQ 2012 OKW 09
1stvisit0909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:25 PM   #4
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessHanasMom View Post
Can anyone comment on viewing the Main Street Electrical Parade from the Wishes Terrace Dessert Party? We are going in February and, for the night we are going to MK, the website is showing both Wishes and MSEP starting at 8:00. We have a 7:20 reservation for the Terrace Dessert Party. I am looking for suggestions on how to let my DD4 to see both, as it is her first trip to WDW.
You can't see the parade (except for the tops of a few floats) from the Dessert Party.

You will be at a distance of 180-220 feet (2/3 of a football field) from the parade,
with guests standing between you and the parade entries.
I've presented the areas (in blue) that are (somewhat) unobstructed by trees between the Noodle Station and the Hub area.

Go on a night where there are two parades, and see the second parade performance
from a spot on the street along the route.
Or go on a different night than the night of your Dessert Party reservation.
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:37 PM   #5
PrincessHanasMom
Earning My Ears

My problem is that with a 4 year old in tow, staying for a later show will likely not be an option. But who knows - maybe the excitement will keep her up (and in a to,erable mood) long enough.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:44 PM   #6
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessHanasMom View Post
My problem is that with a 4 year old in tow, staying for a later show will likely not be an option. But who knows - maybe the excitement will keep her up (and in a to,erable mood) long enough.
Then, another option is to not do the Dessert Party.
Watch the parade from the street, then watch the fireworks from the street.

Or, as I mentioned, go to see the parade on a different night than the night of your Dessert Party reservation.
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:42 PM   #7
helenk
BL II - Purple Team>
WISH Biggest Loser/Blue Team
Loves Monk, and Peeps,

The night we went to the dessert party the MSEP was a 9:00 and Wishes was at 10:00.
We watched the electrical parade from the corner near the Plaza restaurant, there by the ice cream store. As soon as the parade was over we just walked over to the dessert party. There was plenty of desserts, they kept replenishing so you don't have to worry about not getting anything.

Offsite 6/83,5/87
ASSP 7/95 & 11/08, GF 9/99, YC 11/01, WL 12/02 & 9/09 POR 9/03, POFQ 6/04, 12/04, & 5/06 POLY 6/04 & 12/05, POP 12/04, ASMU 7/05,10/07 & 12/07, AKL 12/06, CBR 5/07, CSR 5/08, SSR 11/08, CR 1/09, DLH 5/09, AKV 6/09, ASSP 10/09, ASSP&AKV 12/09, BCV 9/10, VWL 12/10, AKV 1/11 AKV/DCL 5/11 VWL&AKV 12/11, AKV 5/12,SSR 10/12, OKW 12/12, AKV 5/13, HHI 6/13,VWL 12/13, VCG 5/14, Hollywood Hotel, Hong Kong 5/14, AKV 8/14, AKV 11/15

helenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:41 AM   #8
PrincessHanasMom
Earning My Ears

Thanks, all.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:26 AM   #9
graceandhayes
Mouseketeer

We did the dessert party in Feb 2012. MSEP was scheduled for 7pm and Wishes for 8pm the night of our reservation. I believe the dessert reservation was for 7pm. We planned to watch MSEP from Main Street, then head over to the TT for the dessert party. MSEP was delayed due to a thunderstorm so I headed to TT while the family held our spot on Main Street. The CM at TT said you have your table in TT for the whole night, you can show up anytime.

We waited on Main Street until about 7:30pm, then decided it looked like MSEP would be cancelled, so we headed to TT and started eating desserts. About 7:45 MSEP started, and we could only see the very tops of the floats. We decided to leave the dessert party and headed over to a spot on the Tomorrowland bridge where we could get a better view of MSEP and under Tinkerbelle for Wishes.

I would like to mention one thing about the TT Wishes Dessert Party. The TT is covered, except for a few feet up front on the rail. The tables are set back from the edge, under the cover. Unless you are in the front row of tables, you will not get a great view of the fireworks from your table. Most people get up and stand at the rail to view the fireworks. There is plenty of space, but be aware you likely will not have a great view of the fireworks from your table.

Best plan is to get a spot on Main Street before MSEP. Just before 7pm, send a runner to TT to let the CM know you will be arriving after MSEP. Watch MSEP from Main Street. After MSEP head straight to TT. Fill you plate with desserts and drinks while you wait for Wishes to start. You can then get a spot close to the rail if the view from your table is not good enough.
graceandhayes is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: