Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2013, 02:29 AM   #1
DopeyDonald
Mouseketeer

The 1950's tile floor in the bedrooms will have to wait another yr. Disney again!!!

Hi everyone - This is going to be my first (Ok first complete - lol) trip report. See I have high hopes already. I'm confident that I can finish it because it's going to be a bit different than most of the trip reports I've read.

I am a terrible note taker, writer etc. So this will be a photo/slideshow set to music trip report. You remember those photo/slideshow set to music things that were so darn popular at graduations in the late 90's.... lol.

First up let me introduce who I am and who the lucky people to be traveling with me were. (you should know I am affectionately known in my family as the Disney Nazi - apologize in advance if that is offensive to anyone :D, probably because I may be known to color code a schedule or 2.)

Back to intros...

Me: I am a 33 yr old stay at home - home-schooling mom of 3 kids. Hmmmm, there's not much more to me than that.
My first trip to WDW was in 2000, with my DH. He was on at a sales conference, so I toured solo for 2 days and then he joined me for 3 more. We stayed at a $35 a night Econolodge Maingate. We loved it, but didn’t get the “must go every chance we can bug” just yet. We did eat at Whispering Canyon and stood out by the geyser and made the statement, “someday we will come back to Disney and stay here with our children.” 3 kids and 10 years later we finally did it.
The only mistake we made was staying at the Lodge. It totally spoiled us and we can’t imagine staying somewhere else. Since 2010 we’ve gone every September and once this past December.
Other important info: I LOVE Donald. I may or may not have told my kids that they needed to stand aside and let me meet Donald alone first - lol. Here is me in all of my Donald hogging glory:

DH: Older than me – get used to it – lol. He is a territory manager for a company that services convenience stores. He is gone A LOT. BUT….when we are at Disney – he doesn’t check emails, turn on his computer or talk business at all – it’s truly amazing. Thankfully he loves Disney as much as I do. Goofy is his main man and MK is his favorite park. Here is DH – this is one of my favorite pics of our trip – DH and DS did Pirate’s League for the MNSSHP this year….I think he looks good, however, my father was having a hard time keeping a straight face looking at DH – I think the eyeliner was getting to him. Lol

DS 10: Wyatt. This kid lives for Disney. He is (according to him) going to be a vet at Animal Kingdom. I do love that his only concern right now though is, “Mom, when I am working as a vet at AK, do you think I’ll be allowed to ride Expedition Everest on my lunch break?” Mickey and Stitch are his faves, and Walt is his hero. I’ve lost track of how many school papers have been written about Walt. He, along with my DH, is the driving reason we stay at WL every year also. I’ve been more willing to try someplace else, but those 2 tell me that’s fine, I’m welcome to, but they’ll be at the lodge thank you very much. The pic I’m putting up of my son, just sums him up…the kids each got to choose a location for a “grow photo” – a pic I’ll take every year we go to watch them grow…his choice? Walt’s photo under the Main Street Train Station.

DD 7: Annie. She will be 8 in a few days actually. Annie is my spitfire. She is just More. And I love her for it. She loves Disney too, but some days I think she gets a little overwhelmed there. She doesn’t have a true fave character, somedays it’s Minnie and some it’s Mulan. Her favorite times at Disney are the special alone times DH and I set up for each of the kids. Last year I took her to Tea the Grand Floridian and DH took her on a date to Cinderella’s Royal Table. Her and I also do pick-a-pearl every year. This year our plan is to do a “world tour” together and hit all the countries in Epcot sampling food and taking lots of pics. I am getting a Sombrero this year darn it! It was so hard to pick a pic of Annie, so I just chose one of her and I at our Tea.

DD 3: Cassidy. She is the lucky one who always gets to spend her birthday in Disney. She was born on Sept 14th and for the last 3 years we’ve worked our trip around that. Cassidy is my cautious little baby. She broke her leg 2 weeks before our 2011 trip and ever since then she’s very afraid of anything too wild. I think she remembers enough that it scares her and she is so protective of that leg. She LOVES Chip and Dale, though now that she’s older princesses have started to come into the picture more. Here is a picture of her that I love…Everyone should get to ride a carousel on their birthday….

Here we are in all of our glory together….

Also joining us on our trip were my parents, who have come with us every trip for the last 3 and my brother, his wife and their little girl. It was their first trip as a family. I won’t bore you with too many details about them and I will put a pic introduction of them in my first “chapter”

January 2000 Offsite, September 2010 VWL, September 2011 VWL September 2012 VWL December 2012 VWL & FW Cabins September 2013 VWL February 2014 FW Cabins
September 2014 VWL & WL
Short but Not Sweet Trip Report
You're NOT 5 Until You Eat Cake in the Castle - a Feb/Mar TR
Mom, Can You Quit Hanging on to Me and Just Hang on to Yourself? A Sept 2014 Trip Report.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:35 AM   #2
DopeyDonald
Mouseketeer

Chapter One: Going Home

Well here I go with my first "chapter" - I really hope this works. My plan is to make the slide shows with Windows Movie Maker and then upload them to YouTube and then put the links on here? Hopefully that sounds right.....

So without further delay... here is Chapter One: Going Home.

(The chapters won't necessarily follow day order, but will be more of a "theme". Chapter one documents our journey to the Wilderness Lodge on a Thursday in September...

http://youtu.be/4AUvPZQI72g

Edited to Add: Chapter one will be kinda boring, so don't judge me on that one. They will get better I promise....just working the kinks out....

Chapter 2 will be "Celebrate"

January 2000 Offsite, September 2010 VWL, September 2011 VWL September 2012 VWL December 2012 VWL & FW Cabins September 2013 VWL February 2014 FW Cabins
September 2014 VWL & WL
Mom, Can You Quit Hanging on to Me and Just Hang on to Yourself? A Sept 2014 Trip Report.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-08-2013, 05:53 AM   #3
jojosam
Mouseketeer

What a great way to do a trip report!! And what a gorgeous family! Looking forward to more installments. :-)
Old 04-08-2013, 08:23 AM   #4
Tiggeye
Been there, done that, going back

Love the music, can't wait to read (watch) more!

Old 04-08-2013, 09:56 AM   #5
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Joining in!
Old 04-08-2013, 01:27 PM   #6
DopeyDonald
Mouseketeer

Chapter Two: Yo Ho Yo Ho A Pirate's Life for Me

Oops I fibbed a bit in the last post. I said Chapter 2 would be “celebrate” but I decided that our Pirate’s League pics would be a better 2nd chapter. A lot of Pirate pics show up in later chapters, so wanted to document how my boys became pirates first.

We love the Pirate’s League and think it is one of the best values at WDW. This was my son’s 2nd year and My DH’s 1st. This September all 5 of us are booked in for the MNSSHP! Yay!

This visit, too, was on a MNSSHP day. The girls were at their BBB appointments at the same time – those pics to follow next chapter. Nana took them, while I accompanied the boys. We had another amazing experience – those CM’s at PL really know what they are doing. I just can’t say enough good things about our experiences at PL.

After PL we (just our family of 5) headed over to my favorite dinner – 1900 PF. I just love the interaction with the Step-sisters. And I knew it would probably be extra funny being that we had 2 pirates, 2 princesses and a duck ( I was dressed in my Donald “costume shirt” and hat.) It was a great time. I just love that Strawberry soup!

For the MNSSHP this year, we decided to wait in line to meet Jack instead of the Dwarves, whom we had met the previous year. We aren’t huge line people, so we usually only do one big line that night and since we had 2 pirates in our midst Jack it was. And once again, we had a wonderful MNSSHP. It was not too crowded, we got everything done we wanted to and we got to see our beloved Boo to You Parade. This, hands down, has to be the best parade anywhere on Earth. We LOVE it!!!!! It’s honestly one of the reasons we choose to go in September – we can’t imagine a visit to WDW without it. Most of us spontaneously break out into singing it randomly at home the rest of the year….

Also included in this video is my husband and son’s voyage on the Pirates Fireworks Cruise. They really enjoyed this also. They liked the humor and trivia on the boat and it was fun for them to meet Captain Hook, Smee and Peter. The food was nothing special, but they really weren’t expecting it to be, so it was fine. They have said that they would do it again, though it’s not a “must go back and do”.

PS – gotta love my boys’ ears when they are wearing bandanas…there may have been a few Dumbo jokes floating around…..

So: Here is Chapter 2: Yo Ho Yo Ho A Pirate’s Life for me.

http://youtu.be/qF5iUdxin7Q

September 2014 VWL & WL
Old 04-08-2013, 01:34 PM   #7
DopeyDonald
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojosam View Post
What a great way to do a trip report!! And what a gorgeous family! Looking forward to more installments. :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggeye View Post
Love the music, can't wait to read (watch) more!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Joining in!
Thanks for the compliments and for reading/watching along.... :D I love coming to the DIS because no one else really gets it and this is the one place people actually want to look at my thousands of Disney Pics... lol

September 2014 VWL & WL

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: