Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2013, 01:09 PM   #31
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDisneymama View Post
I agree with those who say the 3-night is a good "tryout" cruise to see if everyone likes it. DH and I have only been on 1 cruise in our lives (much smaller ship on our honeymoon) and the kids have never been on one. So, I'm 99.99% sure it will be much too short for DH and I, but I really don't have any idea if the kids will love or hate it - I can't even begin to guess what they will think! So I wouldn't want to do something longer and have them end up hating it. I also wouldn't travel from MA to FL for just a 3 night cruise, and would def. combine with a WDW trip, which we're diong for 6 nights pre-cruise.
This is exactly what we are planning too! I hope your trip is magical! Come back and report if you feel like it!
Old 01-09-2013, 04:08 PM   #32
MinnesotaMouseketeers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Cinder" Ella's Mom View Post
Is it better than no cruise? Definitely! But you will leave wanting more!!
My thoughts exactly. DW and I are doing a four night Dream cruise only so we can say we have seen the ship. But I'm sure four nights will be way too short. Can't work a BB into our schedule for 2013.
Disneyland 1975, Off site/Big Red Boat 1987, Port Orleans/Wonder 1999, Off site 2000, Poly/Wonder 2004, CBR/Eastern Magic 2007, WL 2009, GF/Wonder Panama Canal 2011, POR 2012, AKL/Dream 2013, Port Canaveral/Fantasy Eastern 2014, Numerous ports of call to other countries
More fun stops: CA-LA, San Diego, San Fran. & wine country, NM-twice (all over), AZ-twice including Grand Canyon, CO-all over, SD-Black Hills & Badlands, MI-UP, Isle Royale & Mount Pleasent, TX-S. Padre Island twice and San Antonio, WI-All over including Apostale Islands, IA-Quad City area, WY-Devils Tower, AK-Kantishna Roadhouse at Denali NP, Anchorage, Seward, MT-Glacier NP, Ireland 2012, BWCA six trips - 2013 last one
MinnesotaMouseketeers is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-09-2013, 05:54 PM   #33
OrlandoDisneyFan
Mouseketeer

One of my favorite cruises was a 3 night when just I and my 7 year old daughter went, leaving Mom and 3 year old son at home.

It was the perfect length for some serious quality time with her and I, yet she did not have time to start missing her Mom.

The whole three days, we were never apart, and I just did whatever she wanted to do, when she wanted to do it.
OrlandoDisneyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:32 PM   #34
Mikeyto_96
OKraysDisneySon

I haven't been on a 3 or 4 nt cruise, just a 7 and an 8 coming up in 9 days. I would suggest though doing at least a 4 that includes a full day at sea. This way you can experience a couple ports and a sea day. For me a sea day is just as fun as port days as you never know what you might see at sea. Most of your 7 day and longer itineraries include at least 1 sea day, most of them 2 or more. Good Luck!

Mikeyto_96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:38 AM   #35
Nikisha421
i'm the mom thats hoping and praying that my Disney Princess never grows too old for all things Disney...here's to Disney LOVE

I hope it is since we are going on our first Disney cruise in 91 days. How bad can it really be. Enjoy yourself with what time you and wi definitely think it's worth it !!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: