Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2013, 03:11 PM   #1
jennybdis
Mouseketeer

Anyone care to weigh in on our ADRs?

I'm almost sad we have everything figured out--researching restaurants and making ADRs is one of our favorite parts of going to Disney!

• Boma
• Narcoosee's (this will be sans kids--our anniversary dinner. We were going to do V&A, but we nixed the idea once we found out it was about a 4-hour experience; that's just too long for us to have the kids in the kids club without complaints from them.)
• Kona Cafe (dinner--we're also going to try it for breakfast)
• Teppan Edo
• 'Ohana
• Tutto Italia
• Rose & Crown

Thoughts appreciated!
jennybdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 03:18 PM   #2
autismgoesdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennybdis View Post
I'm almost sad we have everything figured out--researching restaurants and making ADRs is one of our favorite parts of going to Disney!

• Boma
• Narcoosee's (this will be sans kids--our anniversary dinner. We were going to do V&A, but we nixed the idea once we found out it was about a 4-hour experience; that's just too long for us to have the kids in the kids club without complaints from them.)
• Teppan Edo
• 'Ohana
• Tutto Italia
• Rose & Crown

Thoughts appreciated!
Boma is great!
Narcoosee's - never tried
Kona Cafι was great for dinner
Teppan Edo -- never tried
Ohana dinner is our FAVORITE!
Tutto Italia was great!
Rose & Crown - never tried!

Previous trips to WDW: 1981 Poly; 1984 Poly; Mar 2001 CSR; Nov 2008 Sports AS; Dec 2010 POP Century; Aug 2011 POR; Aug 2012 CBR/POR; Aug 2013 AOA/POR; Aug 2014 POR
Previous cruises: Carnival Splendor April 2013; Disney Fantasy January 2014;
autismgoesdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-05-2013, 03:23 PM   #3
Sunshine1987
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennybdis View Post

• Boma
• Teppan Edo
• 'Ohana
• Tutto Italia
• Rose & Crown

Thoughts appreciated!
Boma - - We are going to try it for breakfast on our next trip but we did the dinner in 2009 and enjoyed it very much!
Kona Cafe - We ate here for breakfast in 2011 and my kids are STILL talking about it! YUMMMMMM.... never have tried dinner here... yet!
'Ohana - We have never been on a Disney trip without eating here. It is our Disney tradition since our first trip in 2004!
Rose & Crown - We always choose a late dinner here and have found pixie dust spread our way as we always luck out and get a patio table to watch Illuminations! Last time we had to wait @20 minutes extra, but well worth it... The food, well I am not a big fan of this kind of food so I usually just go with a salad here but my husband and boys love it (fish & chips, bangers & mash, etc). Kids love the make your own sundaes here although I know they have them many places.

We have not ate at the others but they all sound great! We are going to try Tokyo Dining on our next trip and California Grille for my birthday dinner!

Have a wonderful trip! I know what you mean about the fun of planning the dining. I am already planning our dining and our trip is in October! I am sure I will change it 100 times before our ADR 180 date on April 23rd!
Disney World- ~ASMovies in April 2004 ~Beach Club in May 2009 ~POR/Poly split stay in May 2010 ~Fort Wilderness in March 2011
Disneyland, CA - 1969-1993 (so many trips - I grew up 11 miles from DL), 1995, 1997, 2001, 2008 (off-site)
California Adventure - 2008 (off-site)
Sunshine1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 03:59 PM   #4
dzneelvr
A Disney Dolly
Doesn't mind if her gnomes kick the bucket after a year!

I take it you're staying at the Poly, thus the 3 meals there?? Maybe branch out for one of them to another deluxe resort. We love love the Wilderness Lodges' Whispering Canyons and the GF is wonderful to explore and dine in as well. Or how about BOG in MK? Your EPCOT choices look safe. My advice is to eat TS around the World there because each one has something wonderful to offer. You can't go wrong with whatever you chose. We try new places each trip and then decide whether they make our Keep list. in December, Rose & Crown and FlameTree BBq in AK impressed us and were added to our Keep List.
dzneelvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:39 PM   #5
jennybdis
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzneelvr View Post
I take it you're staying at the Poly, thus the 3 meals there??
Nope--we're staying BC and BW this trip. 'Ohana is something we wanted to do during our last trip, but couldn't get an ADR, so that was a must-do for us. We discovered Kona Cafe while researching, and since it had such great reviews for breakfast, we decided to add it. And then we looked at dinner and the menu was appealing, so we decided to try that too. But I'm open to dropping one Kona Cafe trip (probably dinner) and perhaps looking at some other options.

BOG is either unavailable or has ressies that are too late--like 9 p.m. If I felt my 6 year old could wait that long to eat, I'd consider it, but he'd just be a disaster without food that late and would probably fall asleep at the table. So that, plus California Grill (which will still be closed when we go in June), will be must-dos for our next trip.
Old 01-05-2013, 06:41 PM   #6
B-Ride
Getting My Disney Fix

Love Boma, Kona and 'Ohana. Haven't tried the rest although we are thinking of Narcoosee's for our next trip.
Disneyland Grand Californian 2014
B-Ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:50 PM   #7
Micca
You gotta love a great plan like that
Will be spending some time with George Harrison
I have known whack-a-doodles in my day

We love Boma and Tutto Italia, and Kona for breakfast. Hope you enjoy all of your meals. Please let us know when you return
Micca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:26 AM   #8
soulmates
traveling through life, with the one I love

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

DTD- we'll eat wherever we all agree...first night in DW

Crystal Palace

Tuto Italia

Coral Reef

Sci-Fi

Sanna

Be Our Guest

These are all dinner ressies. We never make CS plans as we eat wherever we feel like it. We're staying in a DVC resort, so we'll make our own breakfast too.

This trip we wanted to try places we haven't been to yet. I've eaten at CP when I was a child, but it's been forever. Excited to try Be Our Guest!!!
Old 01-06-2013, 11:28 AM   #9
cindymindy
Earning My Ears

Love, love, LOVE narcoossee's! You can watch fireworks and water parade from the restaurant! I had the lobster which was fantastic and DH had lobster and steak that he thought was best of our trip!

November, 2014:POP Century, Wine and Dine Half Marathon! July, 2013: Animal Kingdom Lodge June, 2013: POP Century 2012: Caribbean Beach 2007: Grand Floridian 2001: Coronado Springs 2000: Port Orleans: French Quarter 1999: Caribbean Beach 1998: Coronado Springs 1990: Off property 1987: Off property
cindymindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:20 PM   #10
jennybdis
Mouseketeer

Good to hear these are all good choices!

FWIW, here's what we did on a previous trip:

• Crystal Palace for breakfast (6 out of 10)
We thought this was better in '09 than '12, so we're skipping it this go-round. To me, this is a must-do place at the Magic Kingdom, but more for the experience and less for the food.
• Liberty Tree Tavern (8 out of 10)
This was good food, but I would have enjoyed this more had it not been summer. It was hard to sit down to a feast of Thanksgiving-like food in the middle of summer after we had been sweating in mid 90 degree temperatures all day.
• Coral Reef (7.5 out of 10)
We were worried about this ADR from reading such mixed reviews, but I had a good experience. It's dark and we were seated pretty far from the aquarium, but the kids enjoyed the ambiance and watching the divers, and my salmon was really good--then again, I've rarely met a piece of salmon I didn't love.
• La Hacienda de San Angel (10 out of 10 for the bar, 7 out of 10 for the food)
When we get to Beach Club this time, I am bee-lining right into Epcot and getting a lime-raspberry margarita. And I may do that every night. This alone may be the sole reason for us having park hoppers this trip. My favorite food thing from our entire last trip. I've been dreaming of one since. The food was OK. I *love* Mexican food, but red onions and I don't get along, so I had limited choices with the salsas being incorporated in many of the dishes. I think I wound up with the pork, which was good, but I wasn't quite as impressed with the accompaniments. But the margarita was amazing.
• Mama Melrose (9 out of 10)
We really liked MM--probably the highlight of our last trip. Then again, it's hard to screw up Italian, right?
• Yak & Yeti (5 out of 10)
This was disappointing for me. I wanted a fairly light dinner, and the waiter promised me the mahi-mahi was lightly breaded, and I wound up getting it, and it was covered in breading and deep-fried. Yuck. We also did the counter service side for lunch and found it to be like cheap Chinese-food court quality. I've been spoiled by good, healthy Asian cuisine at home, and this wasn't that.
• Cape May Buffet (6.5 out of 10)
All you can eat, kind-of-cold-so-hard-to-remove-from-the-shells crab legs. Had they been hot, oh, it would have been heaven. All in all, I'm not a huge fan of buffets, so I can't say it's a must-do for me, but I'd consider going back.
Old 01-06-2013, 12:25 PM   #11
Meetmeinmontauk
DIS Veteran

Boma is AMAZING! DBF & I have only eaten here for dinner once.. but WOW!
Kona Cafe - We discovered this on our last trip. It is one of our favorites! We have only been for dinner but we are planning on breakfast next January
Teppan Edo - DBF really enjoyed the food. I thought it was good, but not a must do every time.
'Ohana - Our favorite restaurant hands down. This IS a must do every trip. The food is always so good. Just don't eat a big lunch because they give you so much!

May 2011 - Pop Century August/September 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside October 2014 - Port Orleans French Quarter November 2015 - Art of Animation

Meetmeinmontauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:38 PM   #12
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

• Kona Cafe (dinner--we're also going to try it for breakfast) - love breakfast here.

• Teppan Edo - love the food here. Filet is actually amazing! Chefs put on a great show. love the green tea dessert.

• 'Ohana - i thought the food quality for dinner was poor. Slimy wings. Dry potstickers and meats. Chicken was good, pork and beef were not good, pork was actually nasty! Salad and bread were good. Noodles were decent. Loved dessert. Never again thou. Not worth it. don't get the hype.

• Tutto Italia - OMG we love the pasta here! So good! Love their lasagna! And tiramisu!

• Rose & Crown - food is good. We liked this restaurant.

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: