Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2013, 03:13 PM   #16
Southern Bell
DIS Veteran

For what its worth.

We always buy the park hopper but usually go for at least 5-8 days & always have used it. But it doesn't mean we park hop every day (especially at the beginning of our week)or several times in one day at the end of the week. For us it just gives you the luxury to return where we want to ride, shop, dine, etc., If I understood you have a package for three days and don't have the park hopper yet and are going to 3 parks (of your choice) You want to spend two days at Magic Kingdom and 1 day at Epcot. That leaves you no ticket or time to see Animal Kingdom. You are adding the park hopper or extra day to go to Animal Kingdom and are not interested in MGM at all. If thats the case I would not get the park hopper. I would most definetly rather have the extra day for Animal Kingdom & a day for rest or an evening downtown. Especially with a child. We enjoy Animal Kingdom (the Safari ride to see the animals) but find the train ride over to the little Island (don't remember the name) sort of a waste of time. We enjoy its a bugs life and the lion king show. Its a nice slower day for us. We like to make reservations to eat at Donalds Safari breakfast and then go afterwards to see the animals while they are out in the morning and before it gets hot.
Southern Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:24 PM   #17
Diegosmom
DIS Veteran

I am going to weigh in on your AK comment...

We went last Jan so crowdwise will be similar to sept/oct and also part ours will be similar.

We got to AK a few min after ropedrop (like 9:10 at latest).

Things we did :
Safari
Rafiki's Trail (train ride)
Lunch at Flame Tree
Triceratops Spin
Dinosaur Ride
played 2 games in carnival area
Tough to be a bug show
Lion King Show
Finding Nemo Show
Watched the parade
Tigger and Friends meet and greet
Baloo and King Louie meet and greet

We headed over to Rain Forest Cafe at around 5:15/5:30 (park closed at 6 but we were tired and hungry).

We didnt do Kali, or Everest, we only briefly checked a few shops and we never checked out the tree (only passed by), we also didnt do the character trails or meet pocahontas or the bugs from bugs life. And I believe there was also 1 or 2 more trails we didnt check out.

Now on a return trip I could possibly get away with 1/2 day or 3/4 of a day but your first time going I dont think you can.

By the time we finished eating and got back to the hotel it was 8. We took a quick pool visit and off to bed.
Diegosmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-07-2013, 05:22 PM   #18
msmama
DIS Veteran

I'm in the minority, but I really think we'd have a hard time spending 2 whole days in MK. So for me, I like the hoppers, especially for a long trip.

You didn't mention where you were staying, but the visits when I've stayed close to Epcot, the Hoppers are great for having dinner there (in the world showcase, which, IMO, is the best food at WDW).
Old 01-08-2013, 08:48 AM   #19
jengrabinski
Earning My Ears

I would add an extra day. It's hard to do 2 parks in 1 day
jengrabinski is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: