Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2013, 07:02 AM   #16
pepe of ohio
DIS Veteran

Location: Hubbard, Ohio, northeast Ohio 7 miles from Pa. border

We've been to almost all the deluxes and have ruled some out for one reason or another.... We have a favorite we keep returning to, really enjoy the property and theming, and for us is tops in location. When they say, "welcome home", we really feel welcomed....that's the WL... Way over 10 stays there and counting...

We have no ambition to try all the resorts on property, we do like being on the lakes, in the MK area and having a boat for part of our travel and of the resorts in the MK area, WL cost the less but is still a deluxe with deluxe amenities .

DIS Dads Club Member
pepe of ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:41 AM   #17
Mynamewastaken
Mouseketeer

I'm doing a split stay. I love trying new places. So far we have stayed at POR (honeymoon), last year we got upgraded to the POLY from POR. In April we are doing the POR Royal Rooms because DD is dying to stay there and then moving over to BWI

2003-POR
2011- Poly TPV
2012- POR/BWI
2015- AKLV/BWV
Mynamewastaken is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-06-2013, 07:59 AM   #18
DizDaD7
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennymitch View Post
My Husband and two dd's (7 &5) and another couple with 2 boys the same agees went to WDW for a week in September. We are planning on going back this September again and are having a hard time deciding what resort to stay at. We did so much research on last years trip and stayed at POFQ. We absolutely loved it. It was exactly what we expected and we could not have asked for a better experience. The question is do we repeat and go with what we love or try something different. A big thing for us was that the transportation was so convenient and I am wondering if it is as easy at other resorts that have more than one bus stop. We also liked the small property. Getting out drinks and to the pool were so close to everything. That being said we are not opposed to other resorts we are just wanting to hear from some of you. If you could let me know what you favorite resort is and how convenient it is for transportation and food court etc.
This is a hard one to answer because there are sooo many variables that we don't know that you guys may have..

For instance Budget: We can all just say the Grand Floridian but this may just be way out of your price range..
The other is location: Are you going to visit Mk more often than Epcot...Or is this year going to be a few days at AK...etc.

I know you mentioned you liked the size of POFQ, thats the only one in that category that will be that compact....( I actually didn'y like the closeness ) thatPOFQ offered...

While you were at POFQ, Did you ever trek over to POR?? If not , I would definitely recommend trying this place.. Yes its bigger, but you will get most of the things that you loved at POFQ, but it will give you that new fresh, different resort feel too. You can always swing over to the other one if you want.

POR has a much better feature pool, It has the TS restaurant. The theming and decor is a lil better too. We stayed in the Magnolia Bend, which is in the Mansions section directly across the main bridge from the pool....IDEAL, Perfect location... Sooo close to everything, including main bldg. 2 pools, bus stop, Movies at night....Good luck in whichever you choose though....Remember 1 thing : this is DISNEY, no matter what you choose ,it's guarnteed to be Magical, you can count on that..

1997- Buenavista Hotel/Spa--HoneyMoon--WDW 25thB-day
2000- Allstar Music---Milennium Year!!
2003- Allstar Movies
2006- Off Site/ House
2007- PoP Century
2008- PoP Century
2010- Coronado Springs--->Oct.29-Nov7.
2011- Port Orleans Riverside-->Nov3-Nov11
2012- Boardwalk Villas--->Aug. 21-Sep.1
2013- AKV JH--->Apr5-Apr13..2014- Grand Cal.Villas--->Feb.15-22
2014- AKV--->Nov.1-9
DizDaD7 is offline   Reply With Quote