Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2013, 11:59 AM   #16
PrincessKsMom

OMG you should see me when I'm driving
I'm pretty sure the minute I open my mouth no one would have to ask the question

Sending prayers that everything is okay

Stolen from SCHBR'sMom, who stole it from Wickey, who stole it from Kimmar.
LETS ALL DO THE BROONY \ 0 / TagGate 2011
PrincessKsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:03 PM   #17
KateKat23
Mouseketeer

I would definately get him to the ER too!! Back in November my husband was feeling really sick. I went to lunch with my work friends and when I got home he looked really bad and couldnt even stand up. He was in so much pain. Every thing hurt...lower back and his legs. He was also running a fever. So I was able to get him up and in our truck got him to the ER and thank God I did. He had a blood clot in his leg. But that wasn't the only thing going on. The next week he was getting worse and worse so we got him to the VA clinic (husband is a retired veteran) and they did a bunch of blood tests and xrays. They found out that he has a very rare disease called Parvo. He caught it when he was out in North Dakota when he was hunting geese. The doctor thinks that one of the birds had it and my husband has cuts on his hands and the blood of the geese tainted my husband blood.
My point to this whole rambling is get him to the hospital because it could be something totally different than you think it is.

KateKat23 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-05-2013, 12:09 PM   #18
Laura66
DIS Veteran

Just seeing this now-I hope you've taken him to the ER. Keeping you both in my prayers
Laura66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:24 PM   #19
horseshowmom
DIS Veteran

As bad as he sounds, I agree about getting firm with him. Just tell him that you're going - period.

Not to sound melodramatic, but we have a young computer tech who works for our school that recently had some issues that turned out to be serious. He was having stomach pains but didn't go to the doctor. His supervisor is my age (meaning old enough to be his mother) and told him that she meant for him to go to the doctor immediately.

He did go and was found to have a mass in his pelvic area. He's in his upper twenties and was told not to worry too much, that 80% of this type of mass was benign.

It turned out that he's in the 20% that is malignant, and he's awaiting surgery right now.

By no means am I saying your husband has cancer, but you just never know what it might be. If he's in that much pain, waiting is likely to make it worse whatever it is. Ask him if he wants to go by car or ambulance?
horseshowmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:41 PM   #20
PatsMom
Sometimes has Dory moments!
I have two brothers and either of them would have been proud to be suspended for stinking up the bus

It may be tough but I would encourage you to get him to medical care. there are so many things that can cause pain that bad - lots of them nothing but an annoyance but many can be very serious if not treated.

Some people (not only men) are so stubborn about getting medical care! Severe pain is the body's way of telling you something is not right I think.
September 1996 - Fort Wilderness (DD and DH's first trip) October 1999 - Fort Wilderness November 2001 - Fort Wilderness November 2004 - Fort Wilderness November 2005 - Saratoga Springs December 2006 - Saratoga Springs February 2007 - All Star Sports August 2007 - Boardwalk Villas November 2007 - Saratoga Springs February 2008 - Villas at the Wilderness Lodge August 2008 - Old Key West
December 2008 - Saratoga Springs February 2009 - Beach Club Villas September 2009 (50th birthday trip) - Bay Lake Tower January 2010 - Animal Kingdom Villas (Kidani Village) May 2010 - Old Key West September 2010 - Bay Lake Tower May 2011 - Beach Club Villas October 2011 - Saratoga Springs January 2012 - Old Key West May 2012 - Old Key West October 2012 - Old Key West January 2013 - Family gathering at Old Key West; May 2013 - Wilderness Lodge Villas; November 2013 - AKL Jambo House; February 2014 - Saratoga Springs
PatsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:01 PM   #21
abbadackerygirl
Earning My Ears

I am still leaning toward the guess that it is his heart. Give him an aspirin if you haven't done anything else yet, and call...

...Let us know how he's doing. Prayers have been sent.
Old 01-05-2013, 01:05 PM   #22
faith
DIS Veteran

MiGrandma, hope you update soon.
When I was a young girl, my Dad had a kidney stone. Pain was unbearable, so maybe not that.
Could be anything, hope you convinced your Dh to get checked out before Monday.
faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:10 PM   #23
RitaZ.
Move on don't hesitate
Breakout

I hope that the OP not responding means that they went to the ER. Sending good thoughts your husband's way.
RitaZ. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:12 PM   #24
StephMK
DIS Veteran

I hope you are off at the ER, getting him checked out. I know men are stubborn but it's not worth taking any chances.
Old 01-05-2013, 01:21 PM   #25
Grammyof2
Best Woo Hootier that ever woo hootied
Prom Queen
I am MENSA

Location: Heading to midlife wearing my Levi's and flip flops

Hoping with everyone else that you are getting him seen. Men are stubborn but sometimes you need to just take the bull by the horns and take control.

My own husband has had quite a few close calls and never wants to see a Dr. Two years ago on Easter he was having some very vague symptoms and when he came into the house to "rest" for a moment I just called an ambulance. Turns out some new medication was causing his blood pressure to drop out of sight. The hospital told him point blank if I had allowed him to go to sleep for 10 minutes like he wanted he probably wouldn't have woke up.

Please get him seen.
Grammyof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:46 PM   #26
Disney Doll
DIS Security Matron

ER now.
It's time to put on your big girl panties and deal with it!
Don't be so open-minded that your brains fall out.
There's no pill that cures stupid.
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
You are his life, his love, his leader.
He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
~~In loving memory of Teddy~~1994-2007~~
Disney  Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:52 PM   #27
mom2travel
DIS Veteran

Sending good thoughts to you and your DH, MIGrandma

CR Poly GF ASSp DLR
WL BWI AKL YC POFQ
mom2travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 02:15 PM   #28
wdwmom0f3
Disney Dreamer
I just spent 30 minutes on youtube watching people clean their ears out

Yes, please get him to the ER.

I dont want to scare you but a lady at the gym where my DD tumbles was telling us about her father in law, and what they are going through. They were at Disney when he started having back pain. He also had trouble walking so he stayed behind in the room. When they got home a few days later they took him to the ER and found that he has cancer. It's in several organs too.

This just proves to me that it really could be anything from kidney stones to a heart attack and as bad as cancer. They only way you will know is if he will go get checked out by a doctor.

Sending prayers your way!
Old 01-05-2013, 04:57 PM   #29
denisenh
All I can do is lie down
It has a thing hanging off the end
When i get the urge to show off, a tiny voice inside my head says "resist the urge". So i shut my mouth and stand still.

poor guy...sounds as though he feels perfectly miserable.
how is he doing? were you able to get him to a doc? praying that all is well.
Old 01-05-2013, 05:03 PM   #30
BearcatsFan
we finally had a minute to breathe yesterday and sat down
Soak up the Sun

Update us when you can, MIGrandma.

Loving all things Disney since 1976.
BearcatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: