Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2013, 04:02 PM   #61
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
How did I know that would be your vote Chele

You know me well!
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:33 PM   #62
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Soooo, soooo sorry I have been delinquent on this TR. I finished my PP photos and am just waiting for the rest of the people in my group so I can get my copies. I'm halfway through my personal photos ... so realistically, I won't be starting this TR until late next week.

but I'm having a blast going through the photos -- wish I was there now!!
Marshay is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-07-2013, 11:59 PM   #63
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshay View Post
Soooo, soooo sorry I have been delinquent on this TR. I finished my PP photos and am just waiting for the rest of the people in my group so I can get my copies. I'm halfway through my personal photos ... so realistically, I won't be starting this TR until late next week.

but I'm having a blast going through the photos -- wish I was there now!!
No worries

Looking forward to seeing all your pics.

I bet!!!
Old 02-09-2013, 05:19 PM   #64
shalom
DIS Veteran

I subscribe, then people can dawdle all they want, and I still catch everything when life happens and a trip report gets delayed a bit. As it is likely to happen at times with the best of us... along with the rest of us.
shalom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:39 AM   #65
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalom View Post
I subscribe, then people can dawdle all they want, and I still catch everything when life happens and a trip report gets delayed a bit. As it is likely to happen at times with the best of us... along with the rest of us.
Sounds great! Ready to start now.
Old 02-15-2013, 09:47 AM   #66
pld5
Dreaming of Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshay

Sounds great! Ready to start now.
Yay! Looking forward to this one!
1972 - 1987 -WDW semi-annual trips with parents & brother -offsite hotels, 10/2005 - Pregnant with DS - offsite rental home (DH's first trip), 3/2010 -DS's first visit for his 4th birthday - offsite rental home, First stay onsite -WL "]Better Late Than Never January 22-28, 2012, They Don't Make Pencils in PA? Feb/Mar 2013 TR, Why Do I Have To Ride By Myself? Feb/Mar 2014 TR
pld5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:07 AM   #67
Marshay

AutoTrain to Disney!!

Today is Saturday, January 12th and we are finally going to Disney World!! After all the holidays and cold weather and sicknesses, we are soooo ready to go.

This is the 10th Autotrain trip (one way) for Rachel and me and the 8th for Jerry and Elizabeth. We definitely are liking the Autotrain!!

So we leave at our usual time around 12 noon and drive to Lorton, VA arriving around 12:45pm. However, there is a LOT of traffic and it is totally blocking Lorton Road, a main intersection to enter the station as well as to get on I-95. We have never encountered this much traffic before and my first thought is that 'something' has gone wrong. This is more than just heavy traffic, although our train is also full.

After an hour of waiting on the side of the main road, we are able to check in and inquire what happened.

Unfortunately, the northbound train from FL only arrived at 12 noon (3 hours late), Amtrak is short staffed b/c of the rampant flu going around and the Coach Lounge car broke down along the way and they were not able to fix it but had to off-load that train car before allowing any new passengers on board.

So 300+ people arrive to get off the train right as 462 people start arriving to get on the train. UGH!!

While waiting to board, we ate sandwiches in the terminal and Elie played with the other kids. Rachel slept on the floor ...hmm, what is up with that?

I give great KUDOS to Amtrak -- they did an awesome job moving everyone and everything around and we actually left on time! We went straight to the lounge car to claim a booth.

What a relaxing way to travel!! Elie and me

Rachel and Jerry

I mean, can you really beat this -- spread out in a booth, drink some wine or 3, play games, watch scenery.

Oh, and did you check out my lovely nails?! Yes, I got them painted a fire engine red (or hot sexy red as Jerry calls them!). I did a gel nail this time which was supposed to last about 2-3 weeks. We'll see...

This is the part of the trip that is so fun!! I mean, as we look out on I-95 and see the traffic or the bad weather or imagine ourselves cramped on a flight or in our vehicle, we are always so thankful that we are on the train. This is really fun!!

Or so we think ...

As we are playing games, snacking and talking ... Rachel announces, "my stomach hurts. I feel like I'm ...."
Old 02-15-2013, 11:46 AM   #68
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

WOW, that is a lot of people to get off and get on. Glad they did a great job and got you off on time

Looks like you enjoyed that wine

Oh no, your cliffhanger does not sound good
Old 02-15-2013, 11:15 PM   #69
ButterflyJen
Mouseketeer

Dun dun duuuuuuuun....

Disneyland Day Trip 1981*Disneyland Day Trip 2000*DL/DCA Day Trip May 2007*Our First WDW Trip Jan 2013...for DD's 6th Birthday!
ButterflyJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:19 PM   #70
shalom
DIS Veteran

I loved flying as a kid but it no longer tempts me (I swear the seat space has gotten smaller while I have gotten larger), however I keep thinking it'd be cool to take a train to Yellowstone. This is the second TR I've read where someone takes the autotrain, both of which make trains look great!

Except for that cliffhanger part.
shalom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:14 PM   #71
TruBlu
I was very excited to see how yummy it looks!
You can do what we do and go to BOTH!
I could have been contender.... instead, I'm just itchy

OH NO... the dreaded "I feel like I'm..."

Sent from Tracey's iPhone using DISBoards

"Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." -Captain Jack Sparrow

TruBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:06 PM   #72
hoffmann2828
Schooling my daughter in the Disney Way

Watch out! She's gonna blow!!!! Lol

THAT WAS TOTALLY WICKED!
hoffmann2828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:19 PM   #73
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Uh oh! Those are not promising words. When you said Rachel was sleeping I wondered.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:40 PM   #74
Marshay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
WOW, that is a lot of people to get off and get on. Glad they did a great job and got you off on time
I was really surprised. Thought for sure we were going to be late!

Looks like you enjoyed that wine
Yes, I always look forward to that wine!!

Oh no, your cliffhanger does not sound good
It's not...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterflyJen View Post
Dun dun duuuuuuuun....
So you like my cliffhanger?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalom View Post
I loved flying as a kid but it no longer tempts me (I swear the seat space has gotten smaller while I have gotten larger), however I keep thinking it'd be cool to take a train to Yellowstone. This is the second TR I've read where someone takes the autotrain, both of which make trains look great!

Except for that cliffhanger part.
I definitely recommend the train at least once if you can. See for yourself if it works for you. I'd be open to doing a longer train trip, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
OH NO... the dreaded "I feel like I'm..."

Sent from Tracey's iPhone using DISBoards
Yeah, it's coming ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffmann2828 View Post
Watch out! She's gonna blow!!!! Lol
Watch out!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
Uh oh! Those are not promising words. When you said Rachel was sleeping I wondered.
I should have realized from when she wasn't playing with her sister and the friend...
Old 02-19-2013, 08:48 PM   #75
Marshay

Cont'd - Autotrain to WDW

"Mommy, my stomach doesn't feel good and I thinkI am going ... to throw up -- and bleugh! At least I was quick enough to grab a little box and everything was 'contained'. So we clean up the area and go back to the room to rest.

After a rest, Rachel is feeling better but I admit, I'm not happy. I know it's not her fault or anything but I'm just DREADING that we are all going to be sick on vacation and it'll just hit us one by one until we are all knocked down.

However, we go to dinner (we won't let Rachel eat anything) and then it's early bed for everyone.

At this point I am praying for Safety and Health for our family. Rachel said once she was able to get everything out, she felt much better.

TRAIN FACTS
==========
Maximum speed is 70mph
462 passengers
273 vehicles (including one jet ski!)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: