Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2013, 11:06 PM   #16
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffmann2828 View Post
How about 4 or 5 pm? Yes, the one by France. :-). We'll be in Epcot that day too.
Sounds great! Let's do 4:45pm.

We are going to do Epcot EMH that morning but leave around 12 noon to go back to nap or swim if it's nice or just hang out at AoA. Then we'll return to Epcot for the DIS/Girl Scout Meet and eat at Biergarten that night at 5:30pm.

I'll PM you my info so we can contact each other in case something changes.
Marshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:12 PM   #17
pld5
Dreaming of Disney

Joining In

Hi Marsha! I'm looking forward to your report! While I'm not traveling the same time as you this year (going in February instead), you helped provide such great information prior to our January trip last year, that I'm hoping to get some extra useful tips again.

The cruise sounds so exciting. I actually picked up a cruise brochure in the fall after saying for most of my life that I would never do one. Well, except for those years I was watching Love Boat of course. I can't wait to hear your experience with it.

Patty
1972 - 1987 -WDW semi-annual trips with parents & brother -offsite hotels, 10/2005 - Pregnant with DS - offsite rental home (DH's first trip), 3/2010 -DS's first visit for his 4th birthday - offsite rental home, First stay onsite -WL "]Better Late Than Never January 22-28, 2012, They Don't Make Pencils in PA? Feb/Mar 2013 TR, Why Do I Have To Ride By Myself? Feb/Mar 2014 TR
pld5 is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-07-2013, 06:48 AM   #18
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld5 View Post
Hi Marsha! I'm looking forward to your report! While I'm not traveling the same time as you this year (going in February instead), you helped provide such great information prior to our January trip last year, that I'm hoping to get some extra useful tips again.

The cruise sounds so exciting. I actually picked up a cruise brochure in the fall after saying for most of my life that I would never do one. Well, except for those years I was watching Love Boat of course. I can't wait to hear your experience with it.

Patty
Hey, Patty! Welcome! Once again we are going close to each other. We are doing January again b/c we bought AP last Jan 2012 and this will be our 2nd/3rd trip in one year on our AP. Our passes expire the day before we leave! So planned this one really close.

I feel better prepared for January -- crowd-wise and weather-wise on this trip ... but the whole DCL Cruise thing is so off my radar and comfort level -- I know the NEXT cruise, I will be better prepared. But we are just hoping to have a lot of fun and realize that just like the parks, you can't do it all in one cruise, let alone a short 3 night cruise!

And Yes, images of The Love Boat are definitely in my head. I grew up watching that with my mom!! Along with Fantasy Island!
Old 01-07-2013, 11:39 AM   #19
DisneyOHFan
Livin' for Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshay View Post
Welcome! January is going to be great!
The days are flying by and it will be here before you know it
DisneyOHFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:12 PM   #20
Marshay

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyOHFan View Post
The days are flying by and it will be here before you know it
I know! Can't wait to meet you on the Dream next week!!
Old 01-07-2013, 06:43 PM   #21
Summerl30
Mouseketeer

We've never been to Disney! I'd love to follow your report until we leave!
Summerl30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:42 PM   #22
Marshay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerl30 View Post
We've never been to Disney! I'd love to follow your report until we leave!
So excited for you guys to see Disney!! Welcome!
Old 01-10-2013, 05:45 PM   #23
Marshay

Our plans:

We leave in 2 days!!! So very excited.

On 1/12 we will board the Autotrain in Lorton, VA for the 17 hour ride to Sanford, FL.

Now that may seem like a long time, but here is how we spend that time. I'm just going to rewrite what I just wrote in the Autotrain thread to save time.

We love the train -- we do like flying, too, though but not since they added all the extra fees, raised prices, overbooked flights and grope you in the airport

The best part for us is that we are not confined to a car or airline seat. In fact on the train, it is encouraged to get up and walk around, unlike on a plane where you can get the evil eye for doing so.

The train is for people who can sit down and relax, like to get up and walk around, meet new people and enjoy the scenery along the way. It is not for people who can't sit and relax and would rather just drive the whole way without stopping b/c they'd rather "just get there", whether exhausted or not.

Here is our schedule. We always get a room now, although we did do coach one time too.

Board 3-3:30pm and go to dining car shortly afterwards. Have a glass of wine or 6 (they are small glasses and FREE!). Relax and chat with others in the booths. Eat crackers and veggies and fruit. Relax. Stretch out. Play a game of Disney Yahtzee with the kids. Did I say relax?

4pm Train departs but we are still in the lounge car. Watch scenery, esp when going over rivers -- so pretty to see all the boats, piers, etc.

4:30pm Go back to room. Relax and spread out. Girls play with toys or watch a movie. DH and I read books, play games, sleep, talk.

5:30pm Go to dining car with real tablecloth, placeware. Have carafe of wine, salad, roll, entree and dessert. Delicious! We always get the beef and it is juicy and good and meal is included in your ticket price.

6:30pm Go back to room. Organize everything for bed.

7pm Go to lounge car and watch a movie. Eat cookies and hot chocolate.

9pm Go back to room and steward has converted it over to beds. Go to sleep.

Midnight Awake when train stops to change out crews and refill. (The movement of the train rocks me to sleep but when it stops here I do always wake up)

6:30am Wake up to get continental breakfast in dining car (cereal, banana, muffins)

7:30am Go back to room (steward changed over to seats) and play games until we can disembark.

9am(ish) Arrive Sanford. Unload and wait for vehicle.

10am(ish) Drive to WDW

10:45am(ish) Stop at Wal-Mart for groceries and cheap souvenirs

11:30am Go to resort and/or theme park.

(All times on the next morning are TBD...we've gotten in as early as 8am and as late as 10:30am. If your car is the first one, you can be on the road quickly. If your car is the last ones, it can take 45 min-hour to get your car. All in the luck of the draw. However, there is a nice playground in Sanford and my kids enjoy playing on that.)
Old 01-10-2013, 05:49 PM   #24
Marshay

Our plans...

We arrive 1/13 in Sanford and make our way to AoA resort, seeing if our room is ready or not.

We will call our friends Mike and Debby who will be staying at All Stars the night before and meet up with them at DHS.

While at DHS, we hope to see the parade, go to Disney Jr. Live on Stage for one of the very last shows until the refurb.

Dinner will be at Sci Fi Dine In. This is a first time for us!

Park closes at 7pm and if we are up to it, we'll head over to MK for PM-EMH and pick up some SOTMK cards.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:53 PM   #25
Marshay

1/14 - Monday

In the morning we will sleep in, explore the resort, go swimming, etc.

We go back to DHS for a 3:45pm dinner at Mama Melrose (1st time for DH and DD3). Rachel and I ate here in July on our Mommy-Daughter trip and loved it.

Then we wander DHS until we see F! at 6:30pm or 8pm.

1/15 - Tuesday

Up early for Epcot EMH to ride Soarin' and Test Track. We have to get our traditional family photo in front of the Upside Down Water Fountains. Then probably an early lunch at The Land.

Back to room for nap and/or swimming.

4:45pm DISMeet for Girl Scouts. Girls will trade patches.

5:30pm Biergarten for dinner, another first time for us. We hope to see the 5:55pm Oktoberfest Musikanten and maybe the 7pm one too, depending how long it takes for us to get seated and eat.

9pm Illuminations if we are up for it.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:55 PM   #26
Marshay

Our plans...

1/16 - Wednesday

Go to AK for EMH-AM. Early lunch at Flame Tree BBQ and then back to room for nap/swim/pack.

5:35pm Dinner at Be Our Guest restaurant and parade. Not sure we will stay for fireworks and get caught in the closing park crowds, but we'll see.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:57 PM   #27
Marshay

I just checked the weather for next week again, and the warm spell is holding!!

This is AWESOME news!! 80 degrees for the high and upper 50s for the low.

When we went last year one week later than this year, we also had similar weather -- what a surprise!! We had to go out and buy short sleeved shirts.

However, the week before folks were very cold in hats and gloves.

So I've been preparing myself for that cold weather again ... but blessings from God -- it looks like we'll have wonderfully, warm weather for our trip!!
Old 01-11-2013, 12:39 AM   #28
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Your plans look great!!

I can't believe you leave tomorrow!!!

Hope you have a wonderful time and can't wait to hear and see all about the cruise and AOA

Have a Magical Trip
Old 01-11-2013, 07:59 PM   #29
hotveggy
Disney Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshay View Post
I just checked the weather for next week again, and the warm spell is holding!!

This is AWESOME news!! 80 degrees for the high and upper 50s for the low.
!
We just got back yesterday. It was much warmer than we expected. I didn't pack any shorts since the forecast before we left was only calling for low 70s. It hit 80 at least two days.

My advice is make sure you have rain cover if you are bringing a stroller for your younger one. We did hit a few showers.

Btw, the pool at AoA was awesome! Kids really enjoyed it. DH and I really enjoyed the different options at the food court. There were also many activities at the pool for the kids including crafts.

Hope you have a great time!

1984- off site,1991- off site,1998- off site,1999- visiting friend on CP,2001- off site with college roomie
2002- ASMo (first trip with DH),2003- ASMo,5/2005- POR/Disney Wonder (Honeymoon),12/2005- POP
2007- SSR,2008- ASMo (Grand Gathering)
hotveggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:49 PM   #30
Marshay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
Your plans look great!!

I can't believe you leave tomorrow!!!

Hope you have a wonderful time and can't wait to hear and see all about the cruise and AOA

Have a Magical Trip
Thanks! We are so excited...kids were wound up tonight and didn't want to go to bed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotveggy View Post
We just got back yesterday. It was much warmer than we expected. I didn't pack any shorts since the forecast before we left was only calling for low 70s. It hit 80 at least two days.

My advice is make sure you have rain cover if you are bringing a stroller for your younger one. We did hit a few showers.

Btw, the pool at AoA was awesome! Kids really enjoyed it. DH and I really enjoyed the different options at the food court. There were also many activities at the pool for the kids including crafts.

Hope you have a great time!
Welcome back! What was the highlight(s) of the trip for you?

yes, we are packing shorts and swimsuits and can't wait to take advantage of that warm weather!! I can't wait to do the FN pool and also check out Cars and LM, too!

Thanks for the reminder on the rain cover, too!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: