Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 09:43 PM   #91
alecshawn
WDW Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by North of Mouse View Post
Best response...
Old 01-06-2013, 10:24 PM   #92
Princess on the Run
Sprinkling Pixie Dust!!!

[QUOTE=Aliceacc;47104541]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristibo42 View Post
I pay those outrageous prices for a Deluxe resort, in no small part because of the pool-- my kids are total water rats. But we save at least a year, ususally more than a year, to be able to afford the Deluxe amenities at the Deluxe resorts.

I would be very unhappy to know that "being nice" was all it took for someone who hadn't paid for it to get the lounge chair my kids,my husband or I were unable to get.

Those outrageous prices I pay for a Deluxe resort include those Deluxe pools. Please continue to be nice. But please use the amenities for which you pay, not those for which I pay. Theft of services is not "nice."
[QUOTE=mom to minnie&mickey;47104812]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelissathePooh View Post
Well said!

What does being nice have to do with pool hopping? I wonder if I am "nice" would they allow my family to stay deluxe for the price of a value (which we always stay in).

Not to but I thought pool hopping was okay at most WDW properties and the ones that don't allow it (like SAB) are specific with wristbands and stuff? I've only ever stayed at deluxe resorts and since we have awesome pools, I've never had the need (or want) to pool hop. But I thought they allowed this at most resorts. Is that not true?

ETA: Nevermind, saw this was already addressed...

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-06-2013, 10:32 PM   #93
alecshawn
WDW Fanatic

[QUOTE=Princess on the Run;47107194][QUOTE=Aliceacc;47104541]

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom to minnie&mickey View Post

Not to but I thought pool hopping was okay at most WDW properties and the ones that don't allow it (like SAB) are specific with wristbands and stuff? I've only ever stayed at deluxe resorts and since we have awesome pools, I've never had the need (or want) to pool hop. But I thought they allowed this at most resorts. Is that not true?

ETA: Nevermind, saw this was already addressed...
Thats the thing...Alot of folks on here get worked up about it.... but ive, Never seen an issue about it while actually at WDW/DLR
But when im in a pool....i guess i dont worry about who is supposed to be there or not. i mean..who cares. Im having too good of a time to think to my self..."I wonder if that family just came here to swim...."but isnt staying here...oh the horror.
I mean...who lives like that..

Last edited by alecshawn; 01-07-2013 at 11:43 AM.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:07 PM   #94
CJ1010
Earning My Ears

Completely agree that the prices are crazy. This year we're renting DVC pts, otherwise we'd never even consider staying deluxe. After pricing out 8 nights at POR, I realized we could rent DVC pts for less money, that's even with the current 25% room discount offer!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 01-07-2013, 04:26 AM   #95
married2mm
DIS Veteran

please excuse my ignorance,but is renting points ,much more economical than paying Disney prices?

can you still have dining plan when renting points?
Old 01-07-2013, 05:10 AM   #96
DVCJones
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by married2mm
please excuse my ignorance,but is renting points ,much more economical than paying Disney prices?

can you still have dining plan when renting points?
Yes and yes!!

Some people are uncomfortable with renting because you need to trust the person (stranger) who you are renting from. You pay them for their points and they make the reservation for you. They have control of the entire reservation.

That being said. A lot of people do it and there have been few problems. It is important to do your homework when choosing a renter, as there were a few (very few) scammers over the years.
Old 01-07-2013, 05:41 AM   #97
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alecshawn View Post
I disagree with that. Its kinda like Vegas in the 60's and 70's...and even now. As another poster stated....being nice to them...and they may be nice back to you. There is nothing wrong with a wink and a nod. I know alot of folks that use the "10.00" "trick" at check in for a preferred room if its available. The girl or guy behind the desk appreciates it and who knows maybe it works. But, honestly..i don't think getting "special" treatment for the preverbal wink and nod is a bad thing to teach your kids...Thats extreme. Everywhere you go in life....a favour goes a long way. Folks like to "take care" of each other. Even at Disney I mean gosh...I have even gotten a little special treatment or perk at WDW..I.E. upgrades...Be nice, talk to the check in person, ask where their from...be HUMAN and you may just get some back at you. Only, on a Disney forum...would someone think thats a bad thing.
I guess the difference is that there is no rule against getting an upgrade. If that is given to you, than wonderful.

My point is, even my 6 and 8 year old can read...and they would call me on swimming in a pool of a hotel we aren't staying at. Even they understand this concept, because i teach my kids that the rule is rule. The PP that I addressed stated that it is ok to break the rules. In a forum where people come to learn and plan for a trip, giving out faulty information is not "nice".

And perhaps that PP does go and speak with a CM and get "permission" to swim in another pool...but chances??? And most pool hoppers do not.

Anyway, I will continue following the rule, and lead by example for my children.

ETA, and for anyone who would like to know what the "rule" actually is, please refer to the following... http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2450438

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ

Last edited by Mousemommy1; 01-07-2013 at 07:41 AM.
Old 01-07-2013, 05:44 AM   #98
collegeprogram01
Mouseketeer

We are looking into going in December. I think for the first time of all my trips to WDW I am going to rent points to OKW. After I'm done paying for the rental, dining plan, and hopper passes it cheaper then then staying at pop. I have a hard time justifying paying the prices for a Moderate anymore...it's getting out of hand!!
Old 01-07-2013, 08:37 AM   #99
mickeyluv'r
DIS Veteran

Can we please drop the pool hopping discussion. That's not what this thread is about. Pool hopping is a hot button topic on the DIS that gets threads closed. If you want to thinnk about rehashing it, try searching fora thread onth topic. There have been many....
Old 01-07-2013, 08:47 AM   #100
rotlex
Is it summer yet?

Deluxe pricing is out of control. We love staying at what I call "moderate deluxes", i.e., The Wilderness Lodge and Animal Kingdom. Lately, I won't even do that. We do 10 night stays each year, and it has crept up more and more it seems. Our 10 night trip, 4 people, this year is costing us $3200 without food for a moderate. The SAME trip at WL would be almost $4600. That's just stupid. Don't get me started on the other deluxes. For $400 plus a night I can stay in a suite that will blow any of them away, any where else.

However, with all that said, if the people keep paying it, they'll keep charging it....

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
- Dr. Seuss

Old 01-07-2013, 08:50 AM   #101
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotlex View Post
Deluxe pricing is out of control. We love staying at what I call "moderate deluxes", i.e., The Wilderness Lodge and Animal Kingdom. Lately, I won't even do that. We do 10 night stays each year, and it has crept up more and more it seems. Our 10 night trip, 4 people, this year is costing us $3200 without food for a moderate. The SAME trip at WL would be almost $4600. That's just stupid. Don't get me started on the other deluxes. For $400 plus a night I can stay in a suite that will blow any of them away, any where else.

However, with all that said, if the people keep paying it, they'll keep charging it....
That's why a good discount is essential for us to stay deluxe. We are doing 10 nights in April at Yacht Club, Garden View for $2925.48. Otherwise, at rack rate it is $4748!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 01-07-2013, 10:16 AM   #102
rotlex
Is it summer yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
That's why a good discount is essential for us to stay deluxe. We are doing 10 nights in April at Yacht Club, Garden View for $2925.48. Otherwise, at rack rate it is $4748!!!
Completely agree. Some sort of discount is a must for us pretty much whenever, or wherever, we stay. We have free dining for our August trip this year, bounce back, and frankly, without that, even the moderate cost would be pushing it. (yeah, we like to eat while on site)!

My problem is, over the past few years, I've gotten very used to always having a discount. From the standard Disney deals, the 4/3 was awesome, free dining etc., I can't even imagine trying to go without something!

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
- Dr. Seuss

Old 01-07-2013, 10:23 AM   #103
HM
A tag from the TF is better than a personalized licence plate

We used to stay in deluxe resorts on all our family trips. We could get pricing at AKL and WL around $150 a night back in the early 2000s. We stayed at Poly for less than $200 a night. We've stayed at YC, GF, BWI as well (all under $300 a night). I priced out CR back in 2001 at $135 for a garden room (AP rate) but opted on AKL instead. There is no way to stay at any of the deluxes for that kind of price even with a discount. The prices seem to have doubled or more in the last ten years. Our first stay in 1999 was ASMu at $56 a night in October. At that time of year now, you're over $100/night. I'm really glad we decided to go Deluxe back in the 'old' days after that first trip. Last family trip was CSR.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:30 AM   #104
pamkat1820
Mouseketeer

Our first trip with just our DD in 2009 we stayed at AKL on the buy 4 night get 3 nights free. That was awesome I think with dinning it cost about $2400 for the 3 if us with hoppers. Last April at POR 7 days RR with dinning & hoppers $2800 (2 adults & 2 kids now)
This year we are still pricing out our tripwe want to stay at BC it's either BCV 8 nights with base tickets,& food $3100. Or TA offer BC 7 nights CL tickets food OOP ( including food) $4000 ugh! It's getting more & more each yr which is understandable but my purse is crying! Lol I really don't want to vacation any where else we tried that in between our trips and all I did was say its not disney or if we were at disney .....

Me, DH, DD7, DS3

AKL May 2009, POR RR 2012, YC CL August 2013
Old 01-07-2013, 10:59 AM   #105
Kristibo42
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=MelissathePooh;47104447]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristibo42 View Post

Then you got away with breaking the rules. It is clearly printed on all resort information as well as at every pool. I'm not usually one to harp on the whole pool hopping thing, but it isn't a matter of being nice - use the pool you pay for. It really isn't anything understated or a wink wink nod nod kind of thing... The rules for sister resorts and DVC are clear and the rules prohibiting pool hopping are more so. Use the pool you've paid for instead of the one paid for by another guest.

Editing - not sure why that attributed to maxiesmom. We all know she would not be a poolhopper
Kind a rude aren't you. I just stated what I did. It really not any different that using the restaurants is it? You don't pay for that resort either.

Next trip July 2016 POP and AOA about 70 people
Dec. 2013 Pop Century to celebrate 25 anniversary Adults only
All Star Sports family trip 25 people Feb 2011
Pop Century September. 2009
Pop Century Adults only 20 year anniversary Dec 2008
Pop Century Big family trip 42 people July 2007
Contemporary and All Star Music Dec. 2006
All Star Music June 2005
Port Orleans- Riverside and Disney Wonder Nov. 2002
6th grade trip To Magic Kingdom had my first kiss on Tom Sawyers Island June 1977
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: