Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2013, 03:25 PM   #31
DisneyFan32WI
Sometimes I just like to be plain and boring

You are almost there, trust me. I cut out all soda cold turkey after I had my gallbladder surgery and it was hard for the first couple weeks.

Don't be tempted! Try lemon slices in your water, or fruit juices for a bit of variety.

You CAN do this. It is all psychological.
Old 01-05-2013, 03:41 PM   #32
beaucoup
DIS Veteran

can't imagine an act of violence over a soda. especially a diet soda.
beaucoup is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-05-2013, 04:51 PM   #33
married2mm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaucoup View Post
can't imagine an act of violence over a soda. especially a diet soda.
clearly,you've never cut out the little devils yourself!
married2mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 05:54 PM   #34
Lucky'sMom
DIS Veteran

I also quit my Coke Zero addiction about 4 days ago. I actually have been doing better than I expected. I am drinking water and about half the time adding a little Mio to it. I don't want to add too much too often, because that has artificial sweetener in it, too. I was drinking probably 4 (sometimes more) diet colas a day. It just can't be good for me. I kept rationalizing it by saying, well, I don't drink, smoke or swear so I have to have something!

2014-June, Windsor Hills pool home and HRH; 2012-July, RPR and Reunion resort pool home; May,Marriott's Grande Vista; 2011 -Jan: CSR and free dining! May: CBR (just DH and I!) ; 2009 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek Presidential Suite!; 2008 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek and RPR; 2007 - POR, Wonder Cruise, BWV; 2006 - Springhill Suites, UO and PBH, Nick Hotel; 2005 - Ft. Wilderness Cabins; 2003 - Poly, OKW, AsMo; 2002 - UO and RPR; 2001 - Sheraton Vistana Villages; 2000 - Holiday Inn Family Suites, ASMu; 1996 - Swan; 1995 - Swan, ASSp, ASMu; 1994 - POFQ;1990 - College Spring Break, off-site; Many trips as a child

Last edited by Lucky'sMom; 01-05-2013 at 06:00 PM.
Lucky'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:48 PM   #35
sookie
DIS Veteran

What is a freestyle machine?
sookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:30 PM   #36
Sgt Mickey
I will always remember where I was that day
I am defiantly going to attempt as many as I can
I thought I had never up there but I think I erased it and my brain went somewhere else

It has been around three years that I gave up diet soda. I can not stand it anymore. Now I do occasionally drink soda. Only ginger ale or sprite I can't even stand dark colas anymore. BUT I don't crave it like I did before. I stopped getting so many migraines. It was rough for a while but once I stopped craving I stopped liking it.

My drink was diet dr pepper. Nothing was better then opening up a bottle and that first really cold drinkI know I am not helping but now that thought grosses me out.
Sgt Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:43 PM   #37
Lucky'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sookie View Post
What is a freestyle machine?
Oh, I love those freestyle machines! It is a Coke machine that allows you to specialize your drink by not only pop type (Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Dr. Pepper, etc) but you can also add a flavor to it, like Raspberry, Lemon, Orange, Lime, Vanilla or my favorite, Cherry Vanilla. I would always get Coke Zero with Cherry Vanilla...yum! Our Moe's and Noodles & Co. restaurants have these, and one of our local grocery stores.

2014-June, Windsor Hills pool home and HRH; 2012-July, RPR and Reunion resort pool home; May,Marriott's Grande Vista; 2011 -Jan: CSR and free dining! May: CBR (just DH and I!) ; 2009 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek Presidential Suite!; 2008 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek and RPR; 2007 - POR, Wonder Cruise, BWV; 2006 - Springhill Suites, UO and PBH, Nick Hotel; 2005 - Ft. Wilderness Cabins; 2003 - Poly, OKW, AsMo; 2002 - UO and RPR; 2001 - Sheraton Vistana Villages; 2000 - Holiday Inn Family Suites, ASMu; 1996 - Swan; 1995 - Swan, ASSp, ASMu; 1994 - POFQ;1990 - College Spring Break, off-site; Many trips as a child
Lucky'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:00 PM   #38
JessB320
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky'sMom

Oh, I love those freestyle machines! It is a Coke machine that allows you to specialize your drink by not only pop type (Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Dr. Pepper, etc) but you can also add a flavor to it, like Raspberry, Lemon, Orange, Lime, Vanilla or my favorite, Cherry Vanilla. I would always get Coke Zero with Cherry Vanilla...yum! Our Moe's and Noodles & Co. restaurants have these, and one of our local grocery stores.
Yup best(and worst!!) things ever!! We discovered them in universal studios on our last trip. Since then some local places to us have installed them. I think they say there are over 100 choices of drinks from them. I will miss them, not only did I love all the soda combos but it always made me think of our last Orlando vacation
JessB320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:53 PM   #39
FlightlessDuck
Pluto's personal nose scratcher
Dumb people spoiling my fun makes me a sad Panda

I gave diet soda up for Lent, and besides having less indigestion, I really didn't notice any other differences in my overall health.

That's not very helpful, though, I guess...

'87: Off Site, '94: GF, '02: FWC, '06: POP, '09: CSR, '10: POP, '12: CSR
FlightlessDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:02 AM   #40
ChrisFL
Disney/Universal Fan and MALE

I never liked diet soda, but I do drink regular soda at work just about daily. The problem is that I like a little bit of caffeine but i can't drink coffee or tea because they have too much caffeine and make me jittery.

I have found a good flavorful alternative for me though to cut out a lot of the soda. Propel Zero water. Their grape, peach and black cherry flavors are delicious!

Disney Parks Visited: MK - EPCOT - DHS - DAK - DL - DCA - HKDL - TDL - TDS
ChrisFL is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: