Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2013, 09:03 PM   #1
pannm
Mouseketeer

Port time is set for later than our excursion time???

We booked WITH DCL for our Cozumel excursion. It is WITH THE SHIP, not a local company.

The ship says it docks at 10:30, but our reservation says 9:30-1:00. What is going on? This is our first cruise. I am not horribly worried, since we booked this WITH the cruiseline, but I am a little confused.

Feb/March 2013...FIRST CRUISE (certainly NOT the last!)...July 2012, 4 nights Paridise Pier Disneyland...Sept. 2011, 4 nights pop century 3 nights AKL...March 2011, 11 nights pop century on dinning plan...May 2010, 8 nights all-inclusive Dreams Cabo...December 2010, 5 nights-Royal Pacific Universal resort...October 2009, 5 nights Wilderness Lodge...February 2009, 10 nights split between pop century and animal kingdom lodge...December 2007, 7 nights pop century
pannm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:10 PM   #2
kcashner
DIS Veteran

When it says the ship docks at X, that is the expected time that guests can get off. The ship will dock earlier, but must be cleared by the local authorities before anyone can get off.

Secondly, the time listed will be the meeting time for the excursion. You will meet in one of the lounges on the ship (which one and exact time will be in the Navigator and on your excursion tickets).

My guess--they have listed a standard time and your exact time may be a little different--either the docking or the meeting or both. Since you booked thru DCL, I promise the times will line up by the time you get on the ship--in real life even if not in the on line stuff!
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:12 PM   #3
pannm
Mouseketeer

Thanks! I was wondering! It makes sense now.

Feb/March 2013...FIRST CRUISE (certainly NOT the last!)...July 2012, 4 nights Paridise Pier Disneyland...Sept. 2011, 4 nights pop century 3 nights AKL...March 2011, 11 nights pop century on dinning plan...May 2010, 8 nights all-inclusive Dreams Cabo...December 2010, 5 nights-Royal Pacific Universal resort...October 2009, 5 nights Wilderness Lodge...February 2009, 10 nights split between pop century and animal kingdom lodge...December 2007, 7 nights pop century
pannm is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: