Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2013, 09:21 AM   #16
rmsdsp
Earning My Ears

I say DO IT! You will save a small mount of money if your family takes advantage of what you have pre-paid for. The convenience of just tapping your Key to the World card was well worth the meal plan. I will without a doubt purchase the dining plan on our next vacation.

Trip History:
CBR Feb/Mar 2013
rmsdsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:26 AM   #17
rmsdsp
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by waughzoo View Post
Does the drink cup that is included the quick service plan alter anyone's view? If declining the quick service DDP and deciding to pay OOP, do you still purchase the drink cup for the resort drink stations?
I believe he refillable drink mug is refillable at the resort only and not refillable in the parks.

Trip History:
CBR Feb/Mar 2013
rmsdsp is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-05-2013, 09:35 AM   #18
smiths02
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmsdsp
I say DO IT! You will save a small mount of money if your family takes advantage of what you have pre-paid for. The convenience of just tapping your Key to the World card was well worth the meal plan. I will without a doubt purchase the dining plan on our next vacation.
You can just tap your KTTW card and charge it to the room if you don't have DP-just as easy.
2010-Jolly Roger
Disneyworld
2003-AKL-celebrate DH return from Iraq
2009-AKL-Birthday Extravaganza-DS 1st trip
2011-CBR- room
2015-Hoping for BCV dream trip to celebrate our twins first trip
smiths02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:54 AM   #19
MC0810
Mouseketeer

for us, we like having the feeling of knowing EXACTLY how much the vacation will cost us before we even get there. DDP lets us do that. For us, we break out about even with the plan. We are a budgeting/couponing family. We budget and coupon and deal shop the WHOLE YEAR, so when we go to Disney we like that to be the one time of year we dont have to look at the prices of the food when we are checking out, and we dont want to to skimp on anything..we want to go all out.

we feel like we also get our moneys worth eating at our resort, because we have the mug to get our drinks, but your also entitled to a drink with your meal with the plan..so we grab juice, water or whatever out of the refrigerator and bring THAT drink with us for the park the next day.

BUT if the dinning plan price is raised again (which I am sure it will be) and the CS meal prices remain the same, we will most likely not be getting the QSDP anymore. when the price was less...it was A GOOD DEAL, with the price right now we BREAK EVEN, if its raised its NOT WORTH IT. atleast thats how we feel.
May 2012 ~ DCL Magic
May 2013 ~ AOA
Oct 2013 ~ POP
May 2014 ~ POP
Oct 2014~ MNSSHP
May 2015 ~ DCL Fantasy-Western
MC0810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:50 AM   #20
waughzoo
Earning My Ears

If purchasing OOP at a quick service restaurant, can you get free water to drink or do they make you purchase bottled water?
waughzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 02:43 PM   #21
patsal
I've discovered I don't need to be a control freak...and like it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by waughzoo View Post
If purchasing OOP at a quick service restaurant, can you get free water to drink or do they make you purchase bottled water?
Tap water in a cup with ice is free.
Old 04-05-2013, 03:58 PM   #22
MomToPirate&Princess
Mouseketeer

We used it once (2 adults and 2 children) and this was when you got 2 snacks per day on the plan. I roughly kept track of what our food would have cost compared to what we paid for QSDP and by using the QSDP, we came out a little bit ahead of the cost of food ordered.

The next trip we didn't use the plan but spent less overall on food and wasted less food. When we were on the QSDP, we got dessert with each meal because it was included but rarely ate more than a bite or two. None of us particularly cared for the carrot cake or chocolate cake that comes with so many of the adult meals. If you deduct the cost of uneaten desserts we probably would have been in the hole on QSDP value or very close to breaking even.

There were also several meals off of the DDP where we were less hungry and shared meals in various ways. DD and I sometimes shared an adult meal, DD and DS sometimes shared a meal and occasionally I ordered a kids meal instead of a full adult meal.

Now that DS is a Disney adult we won't do any meal plan unless it's free
MomToPirate&Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 04:12 PM   #23
I loveStitchnippyjon
DIS Veteran

We did QS dining plan only once and broke even, but since we ordinarily never order desserts, that is deceptive. We had tons of snack credits left over and took stuff home, which we also would not usually do.
Overall, we prefer to pay OOP.
I loveStitchnippyjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 09:28 AM   #24
Andrewsminustwo
Earning My Ears

We will be going the first week of December and decided against a meal plan this time...we ate way more food than we needed to, half the time wasting the dessert because we were just too full....and we are water drinkers, not big on soda....this time we will be buying disney gift cards throughout the year and using those for meals....by the time we get to disney in 8 months, it will feel like our meals are free because the cards were purchased so long before! Mind Games!!
Andrewsminustwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 10:50 PM   #25
2Pirates2Princesses
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=MomToPirate&Princess;48019340]We used it once (2 adults and 2 children) and this was when you got 2 snacks per day on the plan. I roughly kept track of what our food would have cost compared to what we paid for QSDP and by using the QSDP, we came out a little bit ahead of the cost of food ordered.

The next trip we didn't use the plan but spent less overall on food and wasted less food. When we were on the QSDP, we got dessert with each meal because it was included but rarely ate more than a bite or two. None of us particularly cared for the carrot cake or chocolate cake that comes with so many of the adult meals. If you deduct the cost of uneaten desserts we probably would have been in the hole on QSDP value or very close to breaking even.

There were also several meals off of the DDP where we were less hungry and shared meals in various ways. DD and I sometimes shared an adult meal, DD and DS sometimes shared a meal and occasionally I ordered a kids meal instead of a full adult meal.

Now that DS is a Disney adult we won't do any meal plan unless it's free [/QUOTE]

I can relate to this. We are staying offsite for our upcoming trip; but when we were considering staying onsite we knew we would not purchase the dining plan and felt that it wouldn't be a good value for us to pay for. During our last trip we had the quick service plan through the free dining promotion and got two meals and two snacks per day. Those snack credits go a long way and there are a lot of foods you can use snack credits for which is great for breakfast. Now that they have eliminated a snack per day, I am not sure if the dining plan is a good value for our dollar anymore; especially since two of our kids are at adult prices. We are planning on using prepaid Disney gift cards in the parks to pay for counterservice lunches and snacks during our upcoming Disney trip.
2Pirates2Princesses is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: