Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2013, 08:31 PM   #1
MommytoCaitlyn
Mouseketeer

Hollywood & Vine breakfast ?

Does anyone think there is a chance at all that either Sofia the First or Doc McStuffins might be at the Hollywood & Vine breakfast anytime soon, say, May 22nd? I keep praying they'll announce a change and bring one of these popular characters into the parks before our trip!

MommytoCaitlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:59 PM   #2
Mickfarland4
Mouseketeer

I heard this today and it broke my heart!! My kids love Handy Manny!! We arent' going until next year and this was the one character meal I wanted to do!! They aren't really into Mickey or other classic characters and are boys so princesses are out too!! I now am considering Mickey's backyard BBQ since DS likes country music.
Mickfarland4 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-05-2013, 10:16 PM   #3
6disneykids
Mouseketeer

I only hope that if either Sofia or Doc are added to H&V it is as a replacement for June. As a mom to boys as well as girls, this was one meal that had boy characters that weren't Mickey, Donald, Goofy and Pluto.

I was glad that when we ate at H&V last month it was still Jake, Handy Manny and Oso, as well as June. DS4 is going through an anti-girl phase and wouldn't take any pictures with and "girl" characters.

While I understand the popularity of Sofia and Doc (I have a DD2 who loves to watch both when DS4 is watching Disney Junior) but there are moms of little boys who would like to see some of the "boy" characters too.
6disneykids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:41 PM   #4
MommytoCaitlyn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickfarland4 View Post
I heard this today and it broke my heart!! My kids love Handy Manny!! We arent' going until next year and this was the one character meal I wanted to do!! They aren't really into Mickey or other classic characters and are boys so princesses are out too!! I now am considering Mickey's backyard BBQ since DS likes country music.
You heard WHAT today? Maybe I'm out of the loop but I haven't heard any changes yet. Please tell me they're adding in one of these 2 new characters before mid-May. Pretty please...

MommytoCaitlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 12:08 AM   #5
6disneykids
Mouseketeer

After I replied I also looked for this information on changes in the characters @ H&V& couldn't find any information,
At the Disney Junior Show, both Sofia the First, and Doc Mc Stuffins have been added.

If Sofia and/or Doc are added I hope it doesn't mean the removal of Handy Manny.
Old 04-06-2013, 09:36 AM   #6
Mickfarland4
Mouseketeer

My friend, who is a DVC owner and visits 4x a year told me Handy Manny was going to be replaced by Doc and Sofia. I hope not. I don't even know who June is!! I would hope they would keep Manny as PP said so there are some boy character dining experiences to enjoy. As I said, mine are not into the classic characters so this would be awesome if they kept him and Oso!

And they didn't say when, sorry. We are not going til 2014.
Old 04-06-2013, 11:26 AM   #7
6disneykids
Mouseketeer

We are DVC owners too and have not heard any of this. Where did they get the information? Its a bummer if some DVC members are given insights that other members aren't given. I am going to keep looking because of our experience in March, we are planning on going back on our trip Jan 2014.
Old 04-06-2013, 11:40 AM   #8
forever11709
Mouseketeer

OMG I would love Sofia or Doc, but not to replace handy manny! I think Oso should go, but we also love June(who is from Little Einsteins)

Mommy Molly & Daddy (will I ever get him to go HOME with me?)

Molly's Trips -- July 2011 Beach Club October 2012 Beach Club October 2013 Yacht Club -- Will this child ever stay in a non-deluxe?!?!?!
forever11709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 01:15 PM   #9
RachaelA
DIS Veteran

This was a rumor that was spread a few months ago, but as of now it hasn't happened and no one knows if its happening any time soon.

Aug 2005 1st Trip Offsite-Jan 2008 Pop-June 2009 AKL CL *Disneymoon!*-May 2010 AKL CL *1st Anniversary*-Dec 2010 Pop - October 2012- First birthday trip and first trip home to BLT! - May 2013- AKV Upcoming Trip: October 2014- BLT *1st and 3rd birthday trip!*
RachaelA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 01:21 PM   #10
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

No word at all that H&V characters are changing. To change by May would be super slim to none.
Old 04-06-2013, 03:27 PM   #11
Marthasor
DIS Veteran

Doc McStuffins and Sofia replaced Handy Manny and Little Einsteins in the Disney Junior Live show, but not at H&V as of yet. Perhaps this is what is confusing people?
Marthasor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 03:33 PM   #12
karly05
DIS Veteran

Sofia was in the Christmas Parade this year, so she exists, even though she's not doing meet & greet. AFAIK there's no walkaround Doc at all.
2013 - POFQ - Mardi Gras in the Little Easy
2014 - POFQ - "Eat Around the World" - Yes. Yes, I did.
karly05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 04:51 PM   #13
Mickfarland4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marthasor View Post
Doc McStuffins and Sofia replaced Handy Manny and Little Einsteins in the Disney Junior Live show, but not at H&V as of yet. Perhaps this is what is confusing people?
really, so if they get rid of him at breakfast we can't even go to that to see him? Ugh!
Old 04-06-2013, 10:50 PM   #14
RangerPooh
It's the little things that make our day
It was a nice surprise to find to find when I returned home from work

My 3 year old son loves Doc and Sophia, as does my 6 year old daughter so it'd be great if they were there. But then again both my 2 and 3 yo sons would prefer Jake over everyone. I like having the Little Einstein's there, but then I'm not a big fan of Manny or Oso.

Disneyland Wedding 6.02.2003
RangerPooh is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: