Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2013, 04:08 PM   #16
IheartMickey
I have not been blessed by the tag fairy!

Yay, good luck to you!
IheartMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:26 PM   #17
BearcatsFan
we finally had a minute to breathe yesterday and sat down
Soak up the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchesGr8Fan View Post
Another update - they called today! Of course I was at my FT job. We set up an appointment for the interview for next week. The owner seems very nice and it seems like I will have the chance to ask her as many questions as she asks me.

Thank you to all for the good thoughts!
I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Loving all things Disney since 1976.
BearcatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-16-2013, 07:46 PM   #18
StitchesGr8Fan
DIS Veteran

Update!

So I had my interview today. It went well. I think I asked more questions than she did! I like the company and their philosophy.

The opportunity requires no investment from me other than my time. What really concerns me is the quotas. (Disney's, not the agency's). I don't know how I can possibly book 5-10 trips the first year. It goes back to the networking thing. I can ask my friends and family, post things on Facebook, Twitter, and Linked-In, tell people at work and church. My husband and our parents can spread the word too. But I don't think that is enough. The agency will provide all the physical promotional materials (brochures, postcards, etc) and will also give me materials I can use online. But to get enough interest I think I would have to take out ads in the paper, pay to be a sponsor of a girls night out, and we just don't have the spare cash to invest in that kind of advertising.

So I'm really torn. I want to try this so badly. I just don't see how I can generate enough leads to meet the quotas. If I failed I would be horribly disappointed in myself.

Any thoughts?
Old 01-17-2013, 01:41 PM   #19
StitchesGr8Fan
DIS Veteran

I'm getting on overwhelming "Try It!" Response from my Facebook friends. I guess I've got nothing to lose but my pride if I fail. Now lets see if those same friends book trips. :-)

I am leaning towards trying it out. Giving myself one more day to think about it...
Old 01-17-2013, 01:53 PM   #20
Tinker'n'Fun
"apple", peaches, "pumpkin pie", who's not ready holler "I"...
i'm just trying to be optimistic!
I am SO CLUELESS and I hate it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchesGr8Fan View Post
So I might have an opportunity to finally put my Disney knowledge to good use. I have an interview with a travel agency on Monday to potentially become a part-time Earmarked Disney Vacation Planner.

Before anyone says it, I know it isn't all fun and games. It involves customer service which sometimes means difficult customers. And I know it is commission only, so I don't get paid until the clients actually go on vacation. And I know it means long hours. However I think this is the best way for me to bring in extra money for my family since I can do it from home on nights and weekends.

So the only part that really makes me nervous is generating leads. I think I have a pretty broad network I can start with (family, friends, coworkers, church members, etc) but I'm hoping the agency can give me tips for ways to drum up leads.

I don't want to violate any rules here so I'm not asking for leads, or even ideas for how to get leads. I really just wanted to tell someone how excited I am, and to have someone tell me I'm not crazy for at least trying.

Thanks for listening. You guys are the best!
Bolded what stuck out to me. Also you stated you had a full-time job. You do realize that you need to be available 24/7. You can't not help a customer whose flight is re-routed, delayed, etc just because you are at work. Also ADR's get confused, etc etc. I was just wondering what you were planning on doing if this happens. Thanks for an honest reply.

Also, when I was in sales there were weekly meetings to help outsource for leads. Check your local papers for dates/times.
Tinker'n'Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:58 PM   #21
StitchesGr8Fan
DIS Veteran

I asked about that very thing! They have a number for clients to call 24/7 if there is a problem so I'm not 100% on call. They are very aware that I have a full time job and they want me anyway!
Old 03-25-2013, 12:36 AM   #22
Rachaelt
Mouseketeer

Can I pm you and ask what agency? I just left Disney, working in reservations. I would love to go to work for an earmarked agency.
Rachaelt is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: