Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2013, 01:31 PM   #1
Jessicamcg
Earning My Ears

Flying from baltimore

Eying to figure out what time is better...8:00 am flight that puts us in at 10:30 or 10:00 flight that puts us in at 12:30. Staying off site, so we will have to get luggage, rental car. Take a trip to grocery store.
Jessicamcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 03:07 PM   #2
NJRRK
DIS Veteran

IMHO the earlier the better. We usually go for the 6:30 a.m. flight from EWR.

4/76 - offsite, 4/77 - CR, 4/78 - CR, 4/79 - FW Trailer, 5/80 - CR, 5/82 - Disney Inn, 12/82 - FW Trailer, 5/83 - DL California, 12/83 - CR, 9/84 - CR, 1/85 - CR, 3/88 - Disney Village suites (later Disney Institute, where SSR is now), 8/96 - DxL (POR), 8/07 - CR, 10/08 - CR Atrium
NJRRK is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-05-2013, 03:18 PM   #3
TamaraQT
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJRRK View Post
IMHO the earlier the better. We usually go for the 6:30 a.m. flight from EWR.
I agree. I fly out of Philly and the earliest flight out is the one I try to book. We usually travel in July on Southwest and the earliest flight this year looks like 6am....I plan to get us on that flight!!

Of course coming home is a different story for flight time preference
Old 01-05-2013, 03:21 PM   #4
Jessicamcg
Earning My Ears

I usually like early...I just don't want to start out the trip super early. Traveling with 3 young kids-7,4,2. I will have to get them up before 4 for a flight that early. And if we can't check in until later..then no nap time befor dinner
Jessicamcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:00 PM   #5
TamaraQT
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessicamcg View Post
Eying to figure out what time is better...8:00 am flight that puts us in at 10:30 or 10:00 flight that puts us in at 12:30. Staying off site, so we will have to get luggage, rental car. Take a trip to grocery store.
I am an off-site person and I say the earlier the better. I prefer arriving in Orlando at least by 9am. I usually book my car rentals for a 9-930am pickup. Whenever I had a 6am flight, I would be in Orlando by 830. I would have luggage, rental car, and traveling down I-4 well within an hour.

Also for me, I find arriving early and going straight to hotel/resort, I have a better chance of my requests being honored. Requests such as a poolview or lakeview, floor level, building #, and things like that. The hotels/resorts usually say a room is assigned at checkin or date of arrival. I have found sometimes my room is already assigned by 10am even if its not ready. Sometimes I am pleased with room assignment and sometimes I am not. So being there early gives the opportunity to make any changes or have your requests honored. So far it has worked for me. But whatever you decide, have a FABULOUS time!!!
Old 01-05-2013, 06:53 PM   #6
Anal Annie
....at least I KNOW I'm a kook...I just can't stop it....

I agree that the earlier the better. Less chance of delays if the plane is coming from someplace else first. I think it's best to book the originating flight.

Come join me for my 2nd ever trip report now in progress for DisneyLAND and Aulani and Maui 2014. http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post52179607

My first ever trip report - Disneyland Paris and our DCL Med cruise: http://thewhitehouseblog.weebly.com/ (ALMOST but not quite finished)

August 2014 - 3 n @ VGC & DL followed by 7 n @ Aulani follwed by 3 n on Maui / Jan 2014 - 5 n @ AKV Jambo House / Aug 2013 - 9 nights @ SSR / Aug 2012 - 9 n @ Boardwalk Villas and HRH / Mar-Apr 2012 6 n @ Bay Lake / August 2011 Disneyland Paris and DCL MED cruise / August 2010 Disney's DVC resort at Hilton Head Island, SC / March 2010 Kidani Village at AKV / August '09 BCV & Vero Beach / May '09 SSR / July '08 AKV & B2B Cruises on The Wonder/ January '08 VWL / August '07 OKW / July '06 Offsite - Waikiki, Kona & Ka'anapali, Hawaii / July '05 Disneyland & Disney Magic West Coast Cruise to the Mexican Riviera / Summer '04 CSR / May '03 Offsite - St. John, USVI / Summer '02 AKL & O.C., MD

[/url]IMG]http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/uploads/21406/ssrgroup.jpg[/IMG] [url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]

[url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]
Anal Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:06 PM   #7
lost*in*cyberspace
DIS Veteran

I would chose the 10 am flight. You have to get up too early to make an 8 am flight.
lost*in*cyberspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:57 PM   #8
mikehn
DIS Veteran

10am. Offsite people have a different mindset. What's the rush?
mikehn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:42 AM   #9
maciec
AHHHH....Donuts. Is there anything they can't do?

Depends on how close do you live to the airport? I'd go for the later flight just because I don't like to rush. You didn't say what day of the week you are departing. If it's M-F don't forget about traffic and allow extra time if you have to get on the beltway.

Alos, just FYI for those that have to drive up the night before and stay over at BWI the Embassy Suites has a free breakfast and allows you to leave your car there for free all week if you stay before you fly out.

maciec is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: