Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2013, 11:22 PM   #1
wvasweetness
Mouseketeer

Gluten Free quick breakfast @ MK?

DS2 (15 months) has to eat GF. I had Main Street Bakery on the list to nab a couple of GF pastries, since it will be closed while we are there in Feb I need other options.

Suggestions?
wvasweetness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:30 PM   #2
Notso
Mouseketeer

My 2 year old has celiacs so I know what you are dealing with. I had no idea MSB even had GF options (they didn't last time we went). There is a babycakes in Downtown Disney, and they sell some of there stuff in a few spots (Beach Clubs dining hall for one). We find it easier to just breakfast in the room and pack lunches for her as the table service places are much easier to get confirmed GF meals than the quick service to me.

You may want to ask over on the DISabilities board. They've been very helpful with our planning.

Good luck!

WDW: 6/84 CR; 6/90 CR; 4/93 GF; 6/2003 GF Honeymoon; 2/11 Treehouse Villas - First time for the girls, and we even got to open the MK! 2/13 BWV

Disneyland: 10/11, 11/12, and 7/13

DCL: 1/14 Fantasy East; 9/14 Dream; 8/15 Wonder in Alaska
Notso is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-04-2013, 10:49 PM   #3
Married_Him_@_Disney
A Disney Mom

We are GF CF (Dairy Free) and CF (Corn Free)...try that, because it's um, pretty impossible! Most any dining location, either QS or TS will have options for you. If you have TS ressies, then you should notate in advance your dining and dietary needs. In the last few years, I have found they always accommodate

Upcoming Trips: November 2014 - Grand Floridian. . . January 2015 POFQ Birthday Trip. . . . June 15, 2015 Cruising Alaska!
Married_Him_@_Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:36 PM   #4
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notso
My 2 year old has celiacs so I know what you are dealing with. I had no idea MSB even had GF options (they didn't last time we went). There is a babycakes in Downtown Disney, and they sell some of there stuff in a few spots (Beach Clubs dining hall for one). We find it easier to just breakfast in the room and pack lunches for her as the table service places are much easier to get confirmed GF meals than the quick service to me.

You may want to ask over on the DISabilities board. They've been very helpful with our planning.

Good luck!
Same! The only gf staple I get at MSB are bananas! And they are always just perfect yellow and delicious. I second checking on the DISabilities board for more gf info. We have had great experiences with the chefs at all disney restaurants. We note my food allergies on the reservation. Chef Ken at the Plaza in mk was amazing. Also Chef Amber at Boma breakfast made me GF/DF mickey waffles! Best ever!

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
princessallegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:42 PM   #5
partigus
Mouseketeer

were are you staying

all the QS at the disney resorts can do gluten free mickey waffles with notice. So even if you are staying offsite, you might want to see about QS at a resort. I've been able to pakl directly at resorts before with a PS for a TS, not sure about your luck with QS though. Worse case, take the monorail over to captain hooks at the poly or Gasparillas at the GF. Will add some time, but you get to soak in some deluxe resort ambience
2011 Yacht Club (5)
2010 Contemporary (5)
2009 Beach Club Villas (6)
2008 Wilderness Lodge (5)
2005 French Quarter (7)
2004 Wilderness Lodge (2)
2004 Marriott World Center (2)
2003 Polynesian (4)
1996 Port Orleans (4)
1992 Off Site (2)
1988 Grad Night (1)
1988 Naval Training Center (1)
1987 Grad Night (1)
1987 Naval Training Center (1)
Several family day trips- early 80's (4)
Trips to Fort Wilderness Campgrounds in early 70's (?)
partigus is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: