Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2013, 10:42 PM   #16
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtfamfam View Post
Is this the type of experience that is worth it if you're a solo adult? Or will it feel out of place?
You will not be out of place as a solo adult and the servers will fuss over you no end. OR go to your cruise meet thread and see if there is another solo...get to know them a bit on line, perhaps meet on the ship, and decide if you'd like to be together for dinner.

To the foodie above--we also found the gnocchi "mushy." Actually preferred it in the MDR. Another excellent choice was the tuna steak.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:11 AM   #17
N365PA
First rule of the bayou: never take directions from a gator.

Weve done 1 of each Palo. The brunch was wonderful and so was dinner! I dont anticipate going to Palo on our next two cruises, but our third is a definite (Platinum, free!!!....well I speant alot of money to get free palo )

I would say it is worth the money. Remy...my jury is still out.

Clint
June 29-July 10: Copenhagen-Dover Disney Magic

N365PA is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-17-2013, 01:55 AM   #18
GetGlowing
DIS Veteran

In my experience, if you're doing both Palo and Remy on the same cruise, do them in that order. Unfortunately for us, we didn't and Palo dinner did not impress. The service was not up to the same amazing service we received at Remy and I just didn't enjoy the food as much. Palo felt like a nicer restaurant I could get on land.

Keep in mind, I have just a single Palo dinner experience to draw from, but it didn't wow me enough that I feel compelled to try it again.

But I sailed on the Magic for 7 nights in November, and there was a couple seated next to us on the first night in Lumičre's who said, this is the only night you'll see us, we plan to be in Palo for the rest of the cruise. And we never saw them again at dinner. So obviously they were huge fans.

Me, I'm much more of a Remy girl.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using DISBoards

GetGlowing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:43 AM   #19
mtfamfam
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcashner View Post
You will not be out of place as a solo adult and the servers will fuss over you no end. OR go to your cruise meet thread and see if there is another solo...get to know them a bit on line, perhaps meet on the ship, and decide if you'd like to be together for dinner.

To the foodie above--we also found the gnocchi "mushy." Actually preferred it in the MDR. Another excellent choice was the tuna steak.
Thanks much for the reply, that helps a lot. I'll post back to review after we get back!
mtfamfam is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: