Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2013, 01:39 PM   #1
d1sneyf4n
DIS Veteran

Need some opinions please

Two of our neighbors but they are more like family have asked us to go to DW. They had booked a trip already(they are related ) and asked if we could come as well. I said we will see so I did some research on the cost and realized if they waited a week they would save 300-400 dollars. I told them and they changed their dates. I myself have a pincode for the following month which would be a 500-600 difference from when they are going. I never said yes to them but they seem to think we are by the way they talk about it. We all have kids the same age so I am sure while being crazy with a total 10 kids it would be fun. I am just not sure what to do. Knowing that if we wait we could save 500-600 dollars weighs heavily on me.
Old 01-04-2013, 01:43 PM   #2
babyrich
"I was hiding under your porch because I love you"

Quote:
Originally Posted by d1sneyf4n View Post
Two of our neighbors but they are more like family have asked us to go to DW. They had booked a trip already(they are related ) and asked if we could come as well. I said we will see so I did some research on the cost and realized if they waited a week they would save 300-400 dollars. I told them and they changed their dates. I myself have a pincode for the following month which would be a 500-600 difference from when they are going. I never said yes to them but they seem to think we are by the way they talk about it. We all have kids the same age so I am sure while being crazy with a total 10 kids it would be fun. I am just not sure what to do. Knowing that if we wait we could save 500-600 dollars weighs heavily on me.
I would just tell them you are waiting so you can save $$$... $500-600 is a lot and worth waiting for

babyrich is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-04-2013, 01:45 PM   #3
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You can book up to 3 rooms with your PIN code. See if they are interested in the dates covered by the PIN. If they are not, then tell them that due to costs, you will need to go with the later dates.
smitch425 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:55 PM   #4
d1sneyf4n
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
You can book up to 3 rooms with your PIN code. See if they are interested in the dates covered by the PIN. If they are not, then tell them that due to costs, you will need to go with the later dates.
I could do that. Didn't even think of that. I do believe they already have their airfare but it is worth a try. Thanks
Old 01-04-2013, 01:56 PM   #5
d1sneyf4n
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyrich View Post
I would just tell them you are waiting so you can save $$$... $500-600 is a lot and worth waiting for
It is a lot of money...........
Old 01-04-2013, 02:06 PM   #6
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

Save your money and don't feel guilty!
Disneylover99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:10 PM   #7
bgirl29
DIS Veteran

Just realize that your friends could be offended. They may feel like they already changed dates for you and now you are choosing a new date.
bgirl29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:09 PM   #8
4kids4karen
DIS Veteran

I agree, your friends may be upset. But overall it is your decision. Not everyone's dates are as flexible.
Also, it's Murphy's law that when you book, there is a better deal that pops up. If I put things off until the next deal, then the next deal... I may never make it.
4kids4karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:36 PM   #9
ilovedisney1982
Loving Disney Every Day!

Quote:
It all depends on your financial situation and willingness to save. I personally would not have the means to save that much $$$, but if you can, I say go for it! If you can't, they will be understanding. Explain how times are tough, and finances are low. I hope everything goes well!
ilovedisney1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:13 AM   #10
jhonsmith
Earning My Ears

Save your money and don't feel guilty! If they are not, then tell them that due to costs, you will need to go with the later dates. I may never make it...!!
hahahaaaa..............!!!

jhonsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:25 AM   #11
ginnygi
Mouseketeer

Traveling with family...

I dont how great you get along with these people, but I traveled with actually family, who I love, and I HATED it. Doing Disney with a large group, or even just one other family, is NOT for me. Things that you may not even consider, and may not seem like a big deal now, will really start to irk you on your vacation. For instance, I am an extremely organized, punctual person, Type A personality all the way. On our trip, someone from the other group was ALWAYS late. For the bus stop in the morning, for the dinner reservations at night, the parade that we waited and staked out a spot for everyone an hour prior and were holding spots for. A Disney crowd can turn into a Disney "mob" at parade/fireworks times. I like getting off a ride and booking it to the next ride. They all wanted to stop and have smoke breaks. I wanted to eat at nice restaurants to maximize or DP value. They wanted to use 2 TS credits to order pizza at their room. I kept a schedule for what parks we would visit based on where our dining reservations were that day. They wanted to visit different parks that day. I was close to committing murder by the end of the week... Maybe you are the one who will want to take your time and walk at a leisurely pace, wing it, whatever; and they could be the ones who act like a maniac like me. Who knows.
I paid a lot of money to visit Disney and it would be another 2 years until I returned. I will never visit Disney with another family ever again. Its my trip, I want to do it my way, without worrying about hurting anyone's feelings or making someone else mad.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:15 AM   #12
Aliceacc
We had a wonderful time, but did have our moments!

Pretty much down to my hips on one side, but nice and perky on the other

I'm assuming you got the pincode after they changed the dates?

I would call and say "Great news!!! I got a pincode, and I can book up to 3 rooms if we're willing to change the dates again! I can save us both lots of money! Does that work for you??"

See how the conversation proceeds from there.

numerous trips in college and one together in 1990 August 2008 and August 2009: Polynesian. August 2012: Beach Club Yacht Club in 2014!!
(Thanks, Disney Destinations, for your past generosity. And to the Beach Club staff for all their assistance in our 2012 medical crisis.)
Aliceacc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:42 AM   #13
mjkacmom
DIS Veteran

It sounds like they changed the dates with the assumption that you were joining them (and according to the OP, they think you are going). We take a group trip with a bunch of families every year (not to WDW). We could go cheaper at a different time, but the fun thing about this annual trip is how much the kids LOVE doing this with their friends. We also take family vacations with just us. Sure, it's easier with just us, but sometimes we focus on the kids, and make memories just for them.

It just seems weird that they moved their vacation time to include you (not everyone is focused on saving every penny), and then you go the following month.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:14 AM   #14
MSSANDRA
DIS Veteran

I would think they changed the dates so that you could go along and I think they would be upset if you changed your dates again. I would let them know that you just got a great deal and see if they would want to change but if not, I would stick to the plan. I know it's a lot of money but it was money you were not counting on saving.

One note: If you guys are going to have a fun, successful trip together, you have got to learn to communicate better. We traveled yearly (not just WDW) with some friends when our kids were little and that was the key to making it work. We LOVED those trips. They are a little harder work, and different and did not replace our alone trips but I would not trade those memories for anything.
MSSANDRA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:54 PM   #15
Rylee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkacmom View Post
It sounds like they changed the dates with the assumption that you were joining them (and according to the OP, they think you are going). We take a group trip with a bunch of families every year (not to WDW). We could go cheaper at a different time, but the fun thing about this annual trip is how much the kids LOVE doing this with their friends. We also take family vacations with just us. Sure, it's easier with just us, but sometimes we focus on the kids, and make memories just for them.

It just seems weird that they moved their vacation time to include you (not everyone is focused on saving every penny), and then you go the following month.
I agree with this.

OP, it sounds like you didn't have a trip planned, weren't even planning a trip and then when your friends asked you to join them, it got your "ball rolling."

Of course, you can do whatever you want to do... your time & dime = your vacation. However, sometimes when others ask you to join them, it's not about the what & where, (restaurant, movie, destination, etc.,) it about the who, the people.

I understand WDW can be expensive, and you need to do what is right for your family, but I just wanted to give you something to think about.

&

Rylee is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: