Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2013, 01:24 AM   #16
LoveToTravel2001
Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique

I've never been in March or June. We generally went in December which was great weather and warm enough for the pool. We went once in early July when I traveled for work and we were all miserable it was so hot. I hate hot. I'm from Boston so shorts and a hoodie ion 45 degree weather works fine for us and it generally hit 60-70 by mid day in December.
Not sure of your dates for first week of March but you mentioned Flower Festival which I believe starts March 6th, which if I remember correctly also starts, peak season. I only know this because I'm traveling to Disney March 7th with DD for UCA Cheer Nationals at ESPN World. I'm not sure how this will effect crowds at the parks. Most athletes will be staying at All Stars but I know lots of athletes will also spread out among the other resorts - I'm at Shades. We are talking 1000s of All Star competitive cheerleaders. I know there is a UCA party at HS (I think) one night which closes the park to the public.
We always went during Pop Warner cheer and football in December but those are younger kids and more closely supervised. All Stars range in age from 6ish to over 18.
WDW - CBR 5/14 The Summit
LoveToTravel2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:24 AM   #17
jennybdis
Mouseketeer

Thanks for your thoughts, everyone. We changed to June.

We went the first time in January when the kids were young (2, 5, 7), and not being able to swim was kind of disappointing. While we don't plan the trips around being able to swim, a huge highlight of our summer last trip was our evenings following a long day at the park in the quiet pool at the resort. In early March, I think the evening temperatures are going to be too chilly for the kids to comfortably swim, and I think I'd regret losing that aspect of the trip.
jennybdis is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: