Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2013, 01:11 PM   #1
Irishgrl
Mouseketeer

What do you pack for the day in the park?

I have a 3 year old and I always over pack since I like to be prepared but, I don't want to carry as much as I did on our last trip. We don't usually go back to the room so I need to take what we need for the whole day or buy it. We are on the DP.
Irishgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:31 PM   #2
2binak
DVC Owner

For the 3 yr old:
Extra set of clothes
Lightweight sweatshirt if the weather is chilly
Small bag of wipes
Small bottle of hand sanitizer
A few snacks

If you feel the need to carry more, you could always rent a locker and keep items you don't think you'll need (or at least not until later in the day) in there.

11/90 Offsite, 11/97 PO, 5/99 DL, 1/00 CS, 1/04 PC, 12/05 SSR, 5/07 AKL, 10/08 SSR, 5/09 POFQ, 11/09 AKV Kidani, 11/10 AKV Kidani, 10/11 BWV, 10/12 BWV, 11/13 AKV Kidani, 5/14 BLT, 11/14 SSR
2binak is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-02-2013, 04:57 PM   #3
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

When I had kids of that age, I tried to keep what I carried to the bare minimum. I had an extra set of clothes for the child in a large ziploc bag; until they were potty-trained, I carried maybe 6-7 diapers and travel box of wipes; a few snacks; a hat. When we had kids that age, we generally went in Sept, so no need for jackets.

"You see, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes. They're shining deep down inside you... because that, my friends, is where the magic lives."

More than 25 trips to Disney World since age 4, including:
Jan 2014: OKW - Feb 2013 (DPHM): CSR - Sept 2012: Pop - Nov 2011: Pop - May 2011: CSR - Jan 2011: All-Star Sports - May 2010: Pop Century - Nov 2009: Wilderness Lodge - May 2009: Shades of Green -
Aug/Sept 2008: CSR - Jan 2008: POFQ - Sept 2007: CSR - Sept 2004: FWCabins - Sept 2003: CSR - Jan 1997: Honeymoon at Westgate - Plus many trips as a child at FW!
Claire&TheBoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:35 PM   #4
angelmom27
DIS Veteran

I would bring two change of clothes, pull ups or a couple pairs of underpants, wipes, tissues, a light weight jacket and or sweatshirt depending on temps during that time, and a blanket. My little one will take a nap in the stroller.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:55 AM   #5
amylevan
DIS Veteran

Guess I'm a minimalist...when we went last year, DS was 2.5. I never bothered with a whole change of clothes (especially not 2). I get that accidents can happen, but we could always go back for a change if needed - or worst case, purchase something. I hate dragging around tons of stuff. I'd bring a sweatshirt and possibly a pair of shorts if he was in pants (it was February) but that was it.

I live dangerously....I stopped dragging extra outfits with me no matter where we're going when DS was probably around 1.
2007 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
2008 - Fort Wilderness
2010 (x2) - Fort Wilderness
2012 - Fort Wilderness
2014 - Fort Wilderness
amylevan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:55 PM   #6
Canooknic
Mouseketeer

We take a jacket/sweater, hand sanitizer gel, snacks and sun cream.

We always take the bare minimum and must just be lucky because we've only ever had a problem once and that was just at a local zoo when one of our boys got a tummy-bug so we would have had to go home regardless of what was in our backpack!
Canooknic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:50 PM   #7
la79al
DIS Veteran

For my 2 year old I am probably going to take--

2 sets of clothes and one diaper. If she has one accident, she will get a change with new underwear, a second accident will mean a change with a diaper.

1 jacket or hoodie as it should get chillier when the sun goes down.

Some wipes as DD is the messiest kid I have ever seen.

A few snacks and probably a sippy cup for water.

Maybe the sunscreen stick if I can find it.

Honestly, I am going to have the double stroller and the plan is to take our lunch with us. I am hoping that all of the above stuff will fit in the top section of our cooler, to be left in the bottom of the stroller.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:25 PM   #8
MinnieFan4ever

DIS Cast Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2binak View Post
For the 3 yr old:
Extra set of clothes
Lightweight sweatshirt if the weather is chilly
Small bag of wipes
Small bottle of hand sanitizer
A few snacks

If you feel the need to carry more, you could always rent a locker and keep items you don't think you'll need (or at least not until later in the day) in there.
This is about what I take. I mostly take an extra set of clothes in case she wants to run in the fountains.
MinnieFan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:32 PM   #9
Kristian
Mouseketeer

We pack one bag for the whole family. It's usually a backpack that dh carries, but then I usually have a wristlet or small cross body for our id's, cards, camera, money, etc.

In the backpack I pack:

Hand Sanitizer

Baby wipes

band aids/Neosporin

chap stick

autograph book/pen

a travel size Tylenol/Motrin for us and dd

sunscreen

zip lock baggies for uneaten snacks, dirty clothes, etc

Extra change of clothes for dd

I think that is about it. Sometimes we go back to the room and sometimes we don't. It really depends on If we plan on coming back that evening for fireworks, dinner reservations, etc. But I always pack our bag accordingly because we often change up our plans. On our last trip, I didn't pack an extra outfit on the third day of being in the parks because we hadn't needed one. Of course that was the day that dd got sick and needed a change of clothes. I had the Motrin, the wipes, etc...but not the outfit..ugh. So, what is above is generally what I carry always.

Kristian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:07 PM   #10
Ariel on Land
DIS Veteran

When we took our three year old twins, we each had a backpack (although it was in November) so DH's typically had the soft stuff like jackets, change of clothes, pull ups, etc... And in mine, I had all the other stuff. Hand sanitizer, camera, snacks, wipes, small toys, small first aid kit (pain killers, band aids, neosporin, etc..) anti-bacterial wipes, sunscreen, etc...

If we just had one kid, we probably could have done with just one back pack, but that's one of the joys of twins, you just need more stuff!

1990-offsite, 1996-offsite, 2008-SOG, 2009-CBR, 2010-CBR, 2013- AoA, 2014-POP

Ariel on Land is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:36 AM   #11
MinnieLovesMickey
Peyton Manning's #1 Fan!

This is what we bring for our DS 17 months:
About 8 diapers
Baby wipes
Sanitizing wipes
Keychain size sunscreen
Extra pair of clothes in ziploc
Sippy cup
2 or 3 bottled waters
Pedialyte powder packets
Beach towel or blanket to cover stroller while DS is sleeping in his stroller
Ibuprofen
Children's Tylenol (he was getting his molars last trip, quite a lifesaver).

My list gets smaller and smaller every trip. This is our first kid so we're still learning what we absolutely need and what we can leave in the room.
Old 01-04-2013, 01:25 PM   #12
Chrystyna
Earning My Ears

I brought my little "make up bag" (which has no make up BTW! LOL) that has hand sanitizer, wipes, sunscreen stick, lotion, advil, nail clippers, etc in it. Then for her specifically I brought her autograph book and whichever 2 markers she picked out that day, a sweatshirt and a sippy cup (I got super sick of her knocking her drinks over in her stroller, so day 2 and on the sippy cup came with us). Only 1 day did I wish I had brought her a change of clothes and that's because she got drenched on splash mountain. Other then that I didn't need anything else for her.
Chrystyna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:25 PM   #13
Mommyof3inVA
Mouseketeer

I have 3 kids under 5 years old and when we go to the parks I feel like I am packing for a mini vacation but I dont want to have to return to the room...

List:
sunscreen
blanket for nap
camera
cell phone
camcorder
wipes
hand sanitizer
6 diapers
autograph book/pen
tylenol
sunglasses
change of clothes (shirt only) for each child in a ziploc
snacks-in a small ziploc
juice boxes (2 per kid)
sandwiches in a small cooler (we pack lunch everyday)
napkins/spoons
applesauce

4-29-2012 Disney World-off property
4-20-2013 Wyndham Bonnet Creek
5-04-2014 1st Disney Cruise

Allie-6 Hunter-3 Alexis-2

Check out my Disney blog: http://disneyworldonabudget.blogspot...e-keeping.html
Mommyof3inVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:13 PM   #14
MinnieLovesMickey
Peyton Manning's #1 Fan!

If you are bringing a stroller, I would suggest buying one of the bottle straps at the soda carts in the park. We hooked that up to DS's sippy cup and the stroller so the cup didn't fall very far and we weren't chasing it around.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: