Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2013, 08:17 PM   #1
ccdoster
Mouseketeer

Tips to celebrate DD's 10th birthday at the park.

DD's birthday is actually a few weeks before our trip but we plan on celebrating there as if it's her birthday. We haven't been since 2008 so any ideas are welcome: things to purchase, things to book, etc.
ccdoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:56 PM   #2
wdwfanmike627
Earning My Ears

How about booking a character meal like Chef Mickeys and ordering a special cake.
wdwfanmike627 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-01-2013, 09:10 PM   #3
Theaberdeenkid
Mouseketeer

We went in November (2012) and it was our DS birthday. He got the biggest kick out of...
He was given a "its my birthday" button to pin on his shirt at the hotel check in desk and loved all the cast members wishing him happy birthday as we walked through the parks. Go figure he liked the "free things" the best.
Theaberdeenkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:27 PM   #4
jandkmom
Mouseketeer

Oh yeah, the Birthday button is probably the biggest deal, at least for my kids. My DD likes Ohana the best so we booked there, but make sure to tell them what you are celebrating. If you want to do something extra, you can order a cake or get something special through Disney Florist (or another delivery service). Usually, my kids are happy just to pick out their own gift at a shop
Old 01-02-2013, 12:39 PM   #5
ccdoster
Mouseketeer

We're staying off site so I'm guessing I'll have to buy a button somewhere Looking at what extras, maybe a dinner or something like that. Thanks!
Old 01-02-2013, 12:46 PM   #6
thedonduck
DIS Veteran

Location: From the home of the Pack to the house of the mouse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccdoster
We're staying off site so I'm guessing I'll have to buy a button somewhere Looking at what extras, maybe a dinner or something like that. Thanks!
You can get a birthday button from Guest Relations or Ticket Window
*Magic - Oct. 2009 (Honeymoon) 7 Night Western Caribbean*Wonder - Oct 2010 4 Night Bahamas *Dream - July 2011 5 Night Double Dip *Fantasy - September 2013 7 Night Eastern Caribbean *Magic - April 2014 4 Night Bahamas *Wonder- Oct 2014 4 Night Double Dip *Fantasy- Oct 2015- 7 Night Eastern Caribbean

WDW- Too many times to count
Resorts: POP, All Star Sports, Saratoga Springs, Contemporary, Animal Kingdom Kidani Village, Port Orleans-Riverside

A cheesehead who moved to Mouse World... hope we don't melt
thedonduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:04 AM   #7
ccdoster
Mouseketeer

Thanks!
Old 01-05-2013, 01:36 AM   #8
TiggerTrigger
The Wonderful Thing About Tiggers Is Tiggers Are Wonderful Things!!!

That birthday button has been a magic maker for us. Sooooo many special experiences have come from CMs acknowledging our girls' bdays.

I also recommend a cake. You might check out the Cake Chatter over in the restaurants section for mroe info.
Old 01-05-2013, 02:26 AM   #9
Kbella's mom
Earning My Ears

I took DS13 on 10th birthday trip; just the two of us. I have to agree about the birthday button. DS had a very magical birthday trip because the CM went out of their way to help us celebrate. I think it's the little unexpected things that made it special.

We did a lot of character buffets. Lunch at Chef Mickey's was fantastic. They made a huge fuss over the birthday kiddos! He got to parade around with Mickey and Co. He was a little embarassed but it made for some great photos. We had dessert only at the coral reef sitting next to the aquarium. He still talks about that.

When I got home, I made him a snapfish photobook of our trip, which he loves!

I love the 10th birthday. It's such a great age. Have fun...sending pixie dust your way!
Kbella's mom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: