Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2013, 02:47 PM   #31
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welcome Home View Post
Teena,

At YC CL GV are there king rooms that connect to queen?
A few. However, you cannot book them. You can, however, request them on your reservation but requests are never guaranteed.
TeenaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 02:55 PM   #32
AGentlRose
Mouseketeer

I'm trying to make the same decision, never stayed at Beach Club club level, stayed at Yacht Club club level last year and loved it and am trying to decide if I want to try something new, or stick with the old. Are the evening food offerings the same at both resorts?
AGentlRose is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-02-2013, 03:18 PM   #33
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGentlRose View Post
I'm trying to make the same decision, never stayed at Beach Club club level, stayed at Yacht Club club level last year and loved it and am trying to decide if I want to try something new, or stick with the old. Are the evening food offerings the same at both resorts?
Yes, the food offerings are the same at both places. I don't know for sure, but assume that the same things are served at both places each night- say, if Thursday is scallops with bacon, then both places will have it.

Same breakfast items- oatmeal, hard boiled eggs, danish/pastries, fruit, bagels, etc.
natebenma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 03:25 PM   #34
AGentlRose
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the fast response. In that case, I might just as well stay at the Yacht Club. When we've stayed in a standard room at the Beach Club the last two times, the mattresses were so soft I woke up with a backache every morning. We had a nice king size bed at the Yacht Club when we stayed there last July.
Old 05-03-2013, 01:21 AM   #35
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGentlRose View Post
Yes. However, what they were serving last year might be different than this year. They make changes constantly. But whatever is at the YC CL is exactly the same as the BC CL. So if you notice changes from last year, they are the same on both sides.
TeenaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 06:03 AM   #36
scottmel
Does my logic in my original question make sense
I need to see it in a new light I guess

I posted a long review last year of the BC CL vs. YC CL. In summary my biggest problem with BC CL GV is many of the rooms connect, at least one of these garden rooms are handicapped and in short if you get a connecting room there is noise.No two ways about it. Just everyday conversation was heard, etc.There wasn't anywhere to move to b/c there are so few rooms in this category. I can speak from experience at YC that the connecting door didn't seem an issue - I have had three different rooms at yc cl gv facing the wedding pavilion and none connected. None were handicapped.

The lounge at BC is tight and I too experienced stuff just out of stock. One day at 3 no lemonade at all....dishes gone at dessert time. Forks missing at appetizer hour etc. No ice tea during the day, just things I never saw in my 4 stays at YC CL GV. Again no deal breaker per say but add that to the issue of connecting rooms, handicap room etc.

One thing though in regards to balcony ALL BC CL GV have balconies.

I loved BC as a hotel, I adore the infamous Teena, room décor, hotel lobby - love it all. I just was disappointed in the lounge and room assignments. However maybe lagoon view doesn't suffer this room issue at all or standard view, I don't know. I can only speak from GV.

The view at BC GV CL was over the volleyball court and just lovely. The YC CL GV was the wedding pavilion - both resorts I had a sideways lagoon view and loved it.

I would stay at YC GV CL again in an instant, I would stay at BC GV in an instant.

scottmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 06:11 AM   #37
Disneyandphilliesfan
Mouseketeer

Loved Yc but never tried Bc club level just waterview which I was disappointed did not have full balcony and no real firework view.
Old 05-03-2013, 11:18 AM   #38
AGentlRose
Mouseketeer

Thanks to all who responded. I think I'm going to stick with the Yacht Club. We stayed last year and at first, they gave us a room with just one queen bed. I went back and asked for a king and they accommodated us --- plus the mattress was comfortable. My last two days at the BC, regular room, the mattresses were so soft, I woke up with a back ache both times.

Thanks again.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: