Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2013, 08:53 AM   #1
KateMW
DIS Veteran

A couple of questions...

I booked our room and paid the deposit this week, very excited for our first cruise, DCL or otherwise.

I booked a concierge veranda stateroom {Fantasy} but I'm wondering where those are located on the ship? My mom said something about me asking if we could be midship? Also, do you get to pick your room? I see a lot of posts about rooms being people's favorite, so I was wondering if you get to pick. If you do, how do you do it? I can't seem to modify anything on my reservation on the website. It says I have to call?

Also, can I change my dining seating if it's available? I picked main, but after reading about the times, I think the late seating will suit us better.

Last, can you add ground transportation on after you book? I didn't add it at the start, but since then have figured we'll be flying in the night before and staying at WDW and I want to ride the bus!

Thanks~
Old 01-04-2013, 09:16 AM   #2
DisneyMom52
Earning My Ears

We did Dream '11 and are getting ready to set sail on Fantasy. To my understanding you can add transfers anytime. We ended up renting an SUV as it was much more economical and a straight shot from the airport. My parents had a veranda handicap room and it was the biggest thing I've ever seen on a ship. The way the new ships are setup, everything is convenient. Happy Sailing!
DisneyMom52 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-04-2013, 09:18 AM   #3
DisneyMom52
Earning My Ears

Oh, about the meals! We traveled w older people the 1st trip and had main dining and hated it. It meant rush back to ship and getting the kids and us ready so early for dinner. We are used to eating later in the evening normally, so I found the 1st seating stressful and unenjoyable. I'd rather be able to come back from excursions, lay by the pool and then Casually get ready.
DisneyMom52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:46 AM   #4
gomagic
Go Bucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateMW View Post
I booked our room and paid the deposit this week, very excited for our first cruise, DCL or otherwise.

I booked a concierge veranda stateroom {Fantasy} but I'm wondering where those are located on the ship? My mom said something about me asking if we could be midship? Also, do you get to pick your room? I see a lot of posts about rooms being people's favorite, so I was wondering if you get to pick. If you do, how do you do it? I can't seem to modify anything on my reservation on the website. It says I have to call?

Also, can I change my dining seating if it's available? I picked main, but after reading about the times, I think the late seating will suit us better.

Last, can you add ground transportation on after you book? I didn't add it at the start, but since then have figured we'll be flying in the night before and staying at WDW and I want to ride the bus!

Thanks~
First of all...are you on the 03/22/2014 Eastern Fantasy? If so, we are too - same stateroom category also. As for the concierge level staterooms on Fantasy, they are all considered "forward" however we have not experienced any issues with this location compared to when we have been midship. When you made the reservation and paid the deposit, a stateroom should have been assigned to you at that time - there are no gty staterooms at this level. You may want to look at your reservation and see what is listed on it for the stateroom#. If you are happy with it and the location, then all is good, if not, then yes, you do have to call to make any changes. We have done this before - the stateroom we wanted was not available when we booked and then it opened up at a later date. The change was made with no problems at all. As for changing the dining times, yes you can do that - it is easier to go from main to late so you should not have any issues at all doing so. Transportation can be added at any time.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:00 AM   #5
KateMW
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomagic

First of all...are you on the 03/22/2014 Eastern Fantasy? If so, we are too - same stateroom category also. As for the concierge level staterooms on Fantasy, they are all considered "forward" however we have not experienced any issues with this location compared to when we have been midship. When you made the reservation and paid the deposit, a stateroom should have been assigned to you at that time - there are no gty staterooms at this level. You may want to look at your reservation and see what is listed on it for the stateroom#. If you are happy with it and the location, then all is good, if not, then yes, you do have to call to make any changes. We have done this before - the stateroom we wanted was not available when we booked and then it opened up at a later date. The change was made with no problems at all. As for changing the dining times, yes you can do that - it is easier to go from main to late so you should not have any issues at all doing so. Transportation can be added at any time.
Yes! We are on that one. Small world the DIS is. Where would I find the info about my stateroom number? As far as being happy with whatever we get, I guess since we know nothing about the ship, anything would be good.

Btw, do you know if we have a cruise meet thread yet?
Old 01-04-2013, 10:15 AM   #6
gomagic
Go Bucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateMW View Post
Yes! We are on that one. Small world the DIS is. Where would I find the info about my stateroom number? As far as being happy with whatever we get, I guess since we know nothing about the ship, anything would be good.

Btw, do you know if we have a cruise meet thread yet?
The stateroom # should be listed on your reservation summary on the website..when I bring one of mine up it lists Confirmation#, Sail Date, Ship, Stateroom, Dining Preference. If you don't see it there, give them a call. The only thing you may want to consider regarding the staterooms, is if by chance you are on Deck 11, the verandahs are more enclosed than on deck 12 - plexiglass on bottom and on top with an opening in between. Some people don't mind it but others have said it really amplifies the sounds from other verandahs and can get a bit more humid(think greenhouse) because of the enclosure. I don't think there is a cruise meet thread yet.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: