Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: How many nights do you stay?
Less than 4 nights 1 0.86%
4 nights 1 0.86%
5 nights 8 6.90%
6 nights 12 10.34%
7 nights 28 24.14%
8 nights 20 17.24%
9 or more nights 46 39.66%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-04-2013, 07:38 PM   #31
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

When we first started going to Disney World, our vacations were 4 or 5 days with a day at Sea World and a day at Universal Studios. We were instantly hooked on Disney. Over the years, our vacations have increased to either 11 or 12 days. The Magic Kingdom will take two days to see as will Epcot. Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom can both be done in a day each but are worth a second day if you can fit it into your schedule.

We like to take at least two days to do "nothing". We sleep in, hang out at the resort, re-energize our batteries and then go to Downtown Disney. Otherwise, we'd be burned out pretty quickly.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:30 PM   #32
neptuneflame
Mouseketeer

7!

I would never ever get DH to stay longer than a week, but I've realized this is about perfect for me. I get to do everything I want with a little left over for next time. Plus, it's long enough to make me just a little homesick. I always return from a trip grateful to be home but looking forward to the next visit!

May 1987, June 1998, May 2002 *engagement trip*, Dec/Jan 2003/4 *Honeymoon*, Mar 2005 (Disneyland), June 2005, Jan 2007, Mar 2008, Oct 2008, Jun 2009 (Disneyland), Mar 2011 *DD's first trip!*, Oct 2011, Jan 2013 *DS's first trip!*, Mar 2014 *DNephew's first trip!*, Oct 2014
neptuneflame is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-05-2013, 12:08 AM   #33
LoveToTravel2001
Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique

We started our trips when DD was 5. We go for 5 nights, leaving on the early flight out and taking the late flight home. We always stay on site and never rent a car. our car service makes a stop at the market for us to grab water, juice, and snacks. We always do park hoppers and limit the amount time we spend for sit down meals - between waiting for a table (even with an ADR) and eating, it sucks up a lot of time. We find for us five nights works. We don't go back for mid day breaks but rather get a snack and find a nice place to rest at the park or rest during the parade. We found that traveling for a break also sucked up a lot of time. We usually do a buffet character dinner early and then head back to the resort for a swim, a snack and to watch the fireworks happening at Epcot (we could watch from the pool at CBR).
The upcoming trip in March is for Cheer Nationals and DD and I are only doing four nights because of school. We have carefully decided her must dos while we are there but also realize that we will be commuting to ESPN World for competitions so we are limited in what we do. She chose DTD over AK. I was surprised but thrilled.
I agree with other posters that said, do what you can afford comfortably. If staying an extra day will stress the vacation budget and having to decide if the kids can get the extra Mickey ice cream or balloon - the extra night is not worth it.
I also agree - there's never enough time. As many trips as we've done, we've still not done it all.
Pick your days, make a plan, relax and enjoy iy, and have a magical time.
WDW - CBR 5/14 The Summit
LoveToTravel2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:57 AM   #34
aml3679
Kita's Mom

We are staying for 11 nights and are worried about fitting everything in. We plan on:

- visiting all 4 parks
- visiting Downtown Disney
- seeing La Nouba
- going to Splitsville
- going to Disney Quest
- playing mini golf at both
- attending DVMCP
- visiting all resorts including the Swan and Dolphin
- relaxing at our resort for a day (Wilderness Lodge)
Old 01-05-2013, 08:17 AM   #35
momof2gr8kids
DIS Veteran

Our first trip was 11 nights. We did 10 days in the parks, but they were not all full days. It was great. We didn't feel rushed, kids could take time to swim, play in arcade, watch parades, enjoy the sit down meals and ambiance of the different resorts, etc.

Our next trip is 9 nights and I'm hoping it's enough!

Dec 2010 Pop Century
Feb 2013 POR Riverside
momof2gr8kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:45 AM   #36
jphilhower
Mouseketeer

We have stayed as little as 4 nights and a much as 12 nights. This May we are staying 8 nights.
jphilhower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:17 AM   #37
pamkat1820
Mouseketeer

We have planned our last 2 trips 7 nights 8 days. But I don't think it's enough time for us. I don't like to be rushed. And Disney is far from relaxing with 2 kids lol. This time we are planning to stay at BC and I want to really enjoy both the parks and the pool with my kids. If we can rent points we are adding a day to this years trip.

Me, DH, DD8, DS4

AKL May 2009, POR RR 2012, YC CL August 2013, August 2015???
pamkat1820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:23 AM   #38
TACK
Mouseketeer

Because I have to count 2 days for travel, I am now booking at least 10-14 days. Thankfully I have 6 weeks vacation, so it's doable. I used to think more than 10 was too much, but I am finding that now it's not enough. I have a busy job so I appreciate the downtime of getting away from it all. And Disney is my number one destination.
TACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:08 AM   #39
smellyia
Mouseketeer

Last time we did 5nts Disney and 2nts USO. we won't be back to USO until DD is a little taller to go on more rides. We didn't feel like we had enough time at WDW. If we drove and stayed at Value we could get two 5-6 day trips a year in for the price of one huge trip,but we waste two full days traveling and would still have the issue of not enough time to do everything we'd like. So this year we decided since we're flying to do one long trip - 9nts Deluxe with the 30% discount. Our itinerary allows to do all we want plus pool time for a more relaxing trip- if anyone can call a WDW Vacation that! Even if we tried to do the multiple trips times would probably mess that up for us. Also, the one trip with discount comes in cheaper than two shorts at a lower category resort. So I'm a fan of one longer trip as opposed to multiple shorts in a year.
Beach Club/Royal Pacific USO May/June 2012
Beach Club May/June 2013
AKL CL Feb 2014
Beach Club May 2014
Royal Pacific USO/Grand Floridian Oct 2014
smellyia is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: