Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2013, 07:11 AM   #16
stmize
Dvc member since Nov 2010--WDW mom of ds 17 & dd 14

We normally go at thanksgiving and we always do layers. I'd rather have it in a locker than to need it and not have it. We are also going in 10 days and I plan on layering again.
Old 01-07-2013, 12:42 AM   #17
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotUrsula View Post
PS: Do remember that Orlando is not Miami; it can and sometimes does experience hard freezes, and on a WDW trip you are going to be in windy situations outdoors at night. Thus the thin long underwear: normally I wouldn't need that at home, but when it is 30F outside and you are sitting on metal grandstands, your legs can get cold even with long trousers.
Yes yes yes and more yes. How I wish I'd had thin long underwear!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrystyna View Post
Ha! We all took coats, gloves and I even took a scarf thinking it would get cold at night. They never left the suitcase. The most any of us wore was a sweatshirt. We were there the first week of December.
Whereas in '09 (if I remember reports correctly) and '10 it was literally freezing. DH never even wears long pants until it's below 32 here at home, but he was nearly in tears from the wet wind coming off the lake while watching Illuminations. We had a horrid watching spot because we were scouring the shops until the last second trying to find a knit hat that would fit his noggin (never did). It was SO cold Dec 2010, and since ours was a longer trip and it started a few days into the trip getting colder and colder, AND because we just didn't think it would happen since it had happened the year before, we were horribly unprepared. We couldn't easily buy new clothes because we were both in sizes too large for most of the clothes in the giftshops, and I was in major denial about that, and DH just didn't want to pay the Casual Male prices for a good coat. (and we didn't even think about long underwear)

I would bring lots of layers, and make sure that you have access to, or can go buy, a good coat just in case it freezes again. WDW is surrounded by water, and cold wind goes over that water and can just chill you to the bone.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: