Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2013, 04:39 PM   #91
dreamin_disney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RitaE View Post
I'm still going!

Summer is the most difficult for us budget-wise so June, July and August are the hardest months. Kids at home = spending much more money and our grocery bills go through the roof with them snacking at home all day. After August I'm home free!
I dont work summer months so moneys tight with only one income. I actually did pretty good on all bills but had several doctor visits and RX fees August I'll get back on track.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuke View Post
I started it backwards and when it got to $50 a week I just stuck with it. there were a few weeks that it was less but I have $1500 already! It will all be gone in December when I pay for my son's school trip.
I'm hoping to start backwards next year. If I still to my finance plans I will be able to
Quote:
Originally Posted by Planogirl View Post
I haven't seen this before and I like it! I don't see why a person couldn't start any time. This would be a great way to save for vacation or holiday expenses.
I'm so glad this plan came up because It might be something I will continue every year
Old 07-24-2013, 06:46 PM   #92
HippieChickadee
Mouseketeer

I've been doing good!!! I've been skipping all around and crossing them off as I go. I get paid every two weeks so I will pick a high amount pay week and a lesser mouth on the off week. It's been working great and I DON'T touch it- no matter what.

I'm thinking an early Disney trip in 2014. Or maybe towards that cruise I've been wanting to take.

HippieChickadee is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-25-2013, 06:06 AM   #93
dreamin_disney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippieChickadee View Post
I've been doing good!!! I've been skipping all around and crossing them off as I go. I get paid every two weeks so I will pick a high amount pay week and a lesser mouth on the off week. It's been working great and I DON'T touch it- no matter what.

I'm thinking an early Disney trip in 2014. Or maybe towards that cruise I've been wanting to take.

I would love to use mine on a vacation but I want to get rid of the old carpet in the bedrooms and do wood (fake) flooring and paint our spare room. I tried getting sh to do the plan but he didnt want to. He's car will be paid off next year so hopefully we both can do it and use it for a much need family cruise
Old 07-25-2013, 06:53 AM   #94
BernardandMissBianca
I just love a dancing banana!
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

I did it backwards and I'm still going strong. DH did need to borrow it to pay the AMEX bill but he put it back.
So far I have $1125 in savings. When the challenge is complete. it will pay for our hotel rooms for The Princess 1/2 marathon in February.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:05 PM   #95
BearcatsFan
we finally had a minute to breathe yesterday and sat down
Soak up the Sun

I'm still saving according to plan, and adding in spare change as well. I plan to start over at the beginning of 2014. It's all going towards a trip to WDW next year.

Loving all things Disney since 1976.
BearcatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 04:04 AM   #96
dreamin_disney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca View Post
I did it backwards and I'm still going strong. DH did need to borrow it to pay the AMEX bill but he put it back.
So far I have $1125 in savings. When the challenge is complete. it will pay for our hotel rooms for The Princess 1/2 marathon in February.
Grea Job staying on track!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatsFan View Post
I'm still saving according to plan, and adding in spare change as well. I plan to start over at the beginning of 2014. It's all going towards a trip to WDW next year.
This years $$ will go to new flooring and 2014 $$ I think I might use ot towards a cruise. I seriously need a vacations since we didnt do a darn thing this summer

My plan is to star backwards next year
Old 07-26-2013, 10:46 AM   #97
jetskigrl

Ignorance is definitely bliss sometimes!
Ok...lets shake things up a bit

I have been doing the skipping around method and have right around $800 saved so far. This is going to be a big help come Holiday Shopping time
DCL: Wonder - January 2011, Dream - B2B April 2011, Wonder - April 2012 (MR), Wonder - Sept 2012 (Pixar Pacific Coast), Fantasy - June 2013 (Eastern), Wonder - May 2014 (Cruise to Nowhere), Wonder - August 2014 (Alaska)

Next Up:
jetskigrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 03:08 PM   #98
Blueeyes101817
Diehard Cowboys fan!
Tag trading will not be as profitable as pin trading
Being watched

Im kinda doing a modified version of this....im putting the same set amount aside each week--have stuck with it so far and even added a bit more into it. Im going to the Dominican Republic next year so this is going to help!
Blueeyes101817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 01:14 AM   #99
dreamin_disney
DIS Veteran

Just checking in. How is everyone doing with saving???? I have $200 that I need to deposit into my account. Once i deposit it I will have $360 saved. I'm hoping my next month I will be on track. Next year I hope to start backwards and stay on track
Old 09-18-2013, 03:58 AM   #100
dreamin_disney
DIS Veteran

How is everyone doing???? I'm finally going to deposit my $200 check into my 52 week savings account. I'm still behind by $331.00 . Hopefully by mid next month I will be caught up.
Old 09-18-2013, 09:26 AM   #101
jenny105
DIS Veteran

I'm going to really concentrate on this next year. I will be a bridesmaid in my friend's wedding plus we are planning to run a half in Disney. I'll need to save

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 POFQ/DCL ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
jenny105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:37 AM   #102
RitaE
DIS Veteran

I'm up to a little over $752 after depositing week 37. I've made a few extra small deposits so I'm a little bit ahead.
RitaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:05 AM   #103
BernardandMissBianca
I just love a dancing banana!
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

Used mine again to pay some bills, it was nice having a safety net.
But we got our settlement from our accident yesterday so when those checks clear, I'll be moving my money back over.
Old 09-19-2013, 09:59 AM   #104
dreamin_disney
DIS Veteran

This year I just want to save, save, save!!!!!!!!

I actually have $360 in 52 weeks challenge .I'm behind but I also have been putting money into my other accounts too!
Xmas-$200
Flex account $586 all reinbursement money goes into savings account

Summer account- $75

I'm feeling good about saving money and m getting addicted to it lol
Old 10-16-2013, 03:14 AM   #105
dreamin_disney
DIS Veteran

Just checking in. After Thursday I will deposit some money and will be 6 weeks behind

Hopefully by the end of the month I will be caught up and on track.

I have a few postings on CL so if anything sells it will got to the 53 weeks challenge

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: