Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2013, 12:06 PM   #1
Mrs. Ciz
DIS Veteran

? for Bartenders

Hi all you bartenders,

Can you help me with a drink question? What exactly does "lemon lime press" mean in a drink recipe?

I am trying to make a super yummy drink called "Gidget's Crush" that I had at Rumfire at the Sheraton on Waikiki Beach this summer. I couldn't find the exact recipe any where, but I found this description on line:

Skyy Infusions Citrus Vodka
Dekuyper Watermelon Liqueur
fresh lime juice
splash of lemon lime press

I am thinking 1 part vodka, 1 part watermelon liqueur. Do these proportions sound right? The drink was very light, fizzy and not too sweet. Delicious! Thanks for all your advice!
DL: Too many times to count growing up, DL: Jr. High Grad Trip 1980, WDW: Summer 1983, DL: New Year's Eve 1989, WDW: August 1995, DLR: Christmas 2001, DLR: June 2003, WDW: July 2010, WDW: Dec 2011, WDW: June 2013, DLR: July 2013

Wyndham Timeshare Owner & RCI Member since 1985
Mrs. Ciz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 12:27 PM   #2
Handbag Lady
Disneyland Bride 2000
If you can't say somethng nice, come sit next to me
Has the wherewithall to save bakery goods from earthquakes

It is that stick-thingie that bartenders use that has buttons for Coke, diet Coke, Lemon Lime, water, etc.

You know that thing that looks like a wand with buttons on it and the liquid comes out of it? That's the press.

So, this would be a just a splash of lemon lime soda, aka, 7Up.
WDW: October 2010: DCL, Poly, and the Grand for the 10th Anniversary Extravaganza!, Oct/Nov. 2008 CBR / Sept. 2007 CBR / Oct. 2006 AKL / August 2005 POR (hello Katrina!) / 1998 Off Campus at the Grosvenor (ENGAGED AT EPCOT )
DL: Twice a month for years / Multiple visits since birth / 1989 CM on Main Street / 2000 Disneyland Fairy Tale Wedding
DCL: Oct 2010 4-Day Caribbean / Nov 2011 Mexican Riviera / Oct 2012 Mexican Riviera
Handbag Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-31-2013, 02:51 PM   #3
Mrs. Ciz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handbag Lady View Post
It is that stick-thingie that bartenders use that has buttons for Coke, diet Coke, Lemon Lime, water, etc.

You know that thing that looks like a wand with buttons on it and the liquid comes out of it? That's the press.

So, this would be a just a splash of lemon lime soda, aka, 7Up.
Thanks so much for this explanation!!!!! Happy New Year!
DL: Too many times to count growing up, DL: Jr. High Grad Trip 1980, WDW: Summer 1983, DL: New Year's Eve 1989, WDW: August 1995, DLR: Christmas 2001, DLR: June 2003, WDW: July 2010, WDW: Dec 2011, WDW: June 2013, DLR: July 2013

Old 12-31-2013, 03:05 PM   #4
Viva Las Disney
DIS Veteran

A press is traditionally half club soda and half ginger ale but today is often half club soda and half 7up.

Lemon lime press would be half 7up and half club soda.

It was originally made without alcohol for Presbyterians who didn't drink, the ginger ale mixed with soda looked like a cocktail, and the combination simply became known as a press. My bosses would be so happy I've retained something from the dozens of classes they've made us take over the years.

Last edited by Viva Las Disney; 12-31-2013 at 03:11 PM.
Viva Las Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 04:53 PM   #5
Mrs. Ciz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viva Las Disney View Post
A press is traditionally half club soda and half ginger ale but today is often half club soda and half 7up.

Lemon lime press would be half 7up and half club soda.

It was originally made without alcohol for Presbyterians who didn't drink, the ginger ale mixed with soda looked like a cocktail, and the combination simply became known as a press. My bosses would be so happy I've retained something from the dozens of classes they've made us take over the years.
I thought it might be a club soda/ 7up mix when I saw a recipe for a drink called a Vodka Press.

Old 12-31-2013, 09:53 PM   #6
Handbag Lady
Disneyland Bride 2000
If you can't say somethng nice, come sit next to me
Has the wherewithall to save bakery goods from earthquakes

How wonderful. I had no idea a press was something different in other places. I had heard it started from the two buttons being close to each other on the press, but we don't do much club soda drinks here, unless it is a scotch and soda.

My sister drinks Vodka Presses. I wonder if she has the dual-mix version or the 7-up mixture kind.
WDW: October 2010: DCL, Poly, and the Grand for the 10th Anniversary Extravaganza!, Oct/Nov. 2008 CBR / Sept. 2007 CBR / Oct. 2006 AKL / August 2005 POR (hello Katrina!) / 1998 Off Campus at the Grosvenor (ENGAGED AT EPCOT )
DL: Twice a month for years / Multiple visits since birth / 1989 CM on Main Street / 2000 Disneyland Fairy Tale Wedding
DCL: Oct 2010 4-Day Caribbean / Nov 2011 Mexican Riviera / Oct 2012 Mexican Riviera
Handbag Lady is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: