Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-22-2013, 02:35 PM   #121
NYC Newlywed
Still basking in the post-Disneymoon glow

Oh, I just meant the taking a picture in a same spot on your next trips idea. Nice tradition

Dec 2012 - POR (Disneymoon)
May 2013 - POR (First Anniversary) (Trip Report)
NYC Newlywed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 11:49 AM   #122
disnmooner2013
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icecoldpenguin View Post
Just checking back in it has been a while since I have been on the boards. Looks like you have gotten more awesome advice and I think the ear hats thing is a good idea if that is your thing. It is a pretty good price for what you get. I also think you have made some very good changes. It is getting close.

~Teresa
Thanks for checking back in Icecoldpenguin. Everyone's suggestions have been SO HELPFUL!

OUR 2013 DISNEYMOON TRIP REPORT
disnmooner2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-23-2013, 09:33 PM   #123
disnmooner2013
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyVet80 View Post
Congrats on the soon to be marriage..

Your itinerary looks pretty good to me. My wife and I had our Disneymoon in June 2009 and had a wonderful time. We weren't nearly as organized as you are. Haha. We had ADR's to a few different places on the Deluxe dining plan. We did a few romantic dinners but also sprinkled in a few non-romantic dinners. The Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue was one of our favorites. We liked it better than the Spirit of Aloha. We have not eaten at Sanaa but it is on the agenda for our trip in November. Le Cellier was decent but I would do the Yachtsman for a good steak.

The only advice that I would give is make the most of it. You have most/all of the details planned out so make sure you relax and have fun. That's the whole point of a honeymoon (Disneymoon).
Thanks for the response ArmyVet80. What romantic dinners did you have, and did you enjoy them?

Old 03-24-2013, 11:09 PM   #124
meggimouse
Disney's First Tattooed Princess

yay!

I appreciated your reply on the WL thread and in turn wanted to come see what your plans were for the honey moon!

You have so much packed in! We've been to Disney quite a few times together and so maybe that's why we're going with a very relaxed attitude and plan on doing whatever, whenever (except for our dinner reservations). However, the things you have planned look great! I'm hoping to maybe get a massage in at the GF as a little surprise to my husband-to-be!

I also love the idea of having a special spot to take a picture in each time you return to Disney. It's definitely something you'll treasure; my fiancee and I do that now - there's a little spot off the rose garden trail that has the castle just perfectly in the background and we get a picture there each time we go [I tried to post a picture but I have less than 10 posts so I can't! boo!]

I do recommend seeing Wishes from inside the MK and outside; our favorite thing to do is go sneak into the Grand Floridian to use their pool and hot tub at night and then right before the fireworks start to go out to the back lawn/marina and sit there to watch it. Perfect spot that is romantic and quiet to see the fireworks - it's always one of my favorite nights.

If you're really into the idea of going to the Poly for dinner - I'd skip over the Spirit and do the O'Hana dinner instead - way more delicious and personal AND if you get a late reservation you can see the fireworks happening in the MK from inside the restaurant (I know you planned on watching from a hammock on the beach at the Poly - which are hard to grab ) and they play the Wishes soundtrack as it's happening! Love doing that.

I agree with the majority and prefer the San Angel Inn over the Hacienda - I've eaten there three times and each time was able to get a table right along the water which is romantic (and fun as people pass by in boats!). Appetizers, Dinners, and Desserts are DELICIOUS and I highly recommend the avocado margarita - SO GOOD.

I'll definitely be checking back to view everyone's suggestions - I love seeing all the people that had their "Disneymoon" and return back frequently.

meggimouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 04:58 AM   #125
VbChristy
Mouseketeer

For your AK day I would do Yak and Yeti over Rain Forest. Much better food and quiter. And I'd skip Le Cellier. It is so loud- there are always several kids having melt downs, the tables are really close together, the servings are small, and the service isn't even great.

Have a great honeymoon!
VbChristy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 05:03 AM   #126
disnmooner2013
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by meggimouse View Post
I appreciated your reply on the WL thread and in turn wanted to come see what your plans were for the honey moon!

You have so much packed in! We've been to Disney quite a few times together and so maybe that's why we're going with a very relaxed attitude and plan on doing whatever, whenever (except for our dinner reservations). However, the things you have planned look great! I'm hoping to maybe get a massage in at the GF as a little surprise to my husband-to-be!

I also love the idea of having a special spot to take a picture in each time you return to Disney. It's definitely something you'll treasure; my fiancee and I do that now - there's a little spot off the rose garden trail that has the castle just perfectly in the background and we get a picture there each time we go [I tried to post a picture but I have less than 10 posts so I can't! boo!]

I do recommend seeing Wishes from inside the MK and outside; our favorite thing to do is go sneak into the Grand Floridian to use their pool and hot tub at night and then right before the fireworks start to go out to the back lawn/marina and sit there to watch it. Perfect spot that is romantic and quiet to see the fireworks - it's always one of my favorite nights.

If you're really into the idea of going to the Poly for dinner - I'd skip over the Spirit and do the O'Hana dinner instead - way more delicious and personal AND if you get a late reservation you can see the fireworks happening in the MK from inside the restaurant (I know you planned on watching from a hammock on the beach at the Poly - which are hard to grab ) and they play the Wishes soundtrack as it's happening! Love doing that.

I agree with the majority and prefer the San Angel Inn over the Hacienda - I've eaten there three times and each time was able to get a table right along the water which is romantic (and fun as people pass by in boats!). Appetizers, Dinners, and Desserts are DELICIOUS and I highly recommend the avocado margarita - SO GOOD.

I'll definitely be checking back to view everyone's suggestions - I love seeing all the people that had their "Disneymoon" and return back frequently.
Thanks for the response meggimouse. If you get to 10 posts before June; could you please post your rose garden trail picture?

Old 04-02-2013, 06:12 PM   #127
disnmooner2013
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VbChristy View Post
For your AK day I would do Yak and Yeti over Rain Forest. Much better food and quiter. And I'd skip Le Cellier. It is so loud- there are always several kids having melt downs, the tables are really close together, the servings are small, and the service isn't even great.

Have a great honeymoon!
I like the menu at Y&Y much better than at RFC. However, my fiance really wants to go to RFC so her vote wins in this instance. Also, thanks for posting.

Old 04-18-2013, 10:00 AM   #128
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

disnmooner2013:

You haven't posted in a while so I'm just checking up on you to see how your planning is going.
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 05:37 PM   #129
disnmooner2013
Mouseketeer

Doing well. I am just busy at work and finishing up last minute things for our wedding. Thanks for asking.

Last edited by disnmooner2013; 04-18-2013 at 05:43 PM.
Old 04-18-2013, 07:39 PM   #130
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by disnmooner2013 View Post
Doing well. I am just busy at work and finishing up last minute things for our wedding. Thanks for asking.
I hope I'm not repeating a suggestion, but have you thought about breakfast at Boma on your Saturday AK Day instead of RF? It would be a way to check out the other Lodge and another TS restaurant. You could drive over or bus/boat to MK and catch the AKL bus. It would be like a little adventure. But, you'd need to cancel RFC and maybe have a late lunch or early dinner instead.
Old 04-23-2013, 02:26 AM   #131
meggimouse
Disney's First Tattooed Princess

per request

here is my fiance and i in "our spot" that we take a picture in every trip:

so excited to get the picture on our honeymoon - we're even thinking of booking a package through disney photographers to do a "honeymoon" picture series.

meggimouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 08:45 PM   #132
disnmooner2013
Mouseketeer

AWESOME Pics. If you have the money I would fork it out to have a professional photographer take pics of you two on your honeymoon.

Old 06-03-2013, 03:58 PM   #133
WDWKOOK

Exclamation

Honeymoon Day at WL is finally here!!
Hope we hear from our Disneymooners soon
Old 06-04-2013, 06:52 PM   #134
Paul Couturier
Future Disneymooner

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Honeymoon Day at WL is finally here!!
Hope we hear from our Disneymooners soon
And don't forget the total Disneymoon review upon your return!

Future Husband of Maria

Disneymooning 9/22-9/29, WL CL
Paul Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:00 PM   #135
disnmooner2013
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Couturier View Post
And don't forget the total Disneymoon review upon your return!
We are back now and I will post a link to my trip and dining reports as soon as I do them.
Thanks

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: