Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2013, 05:59 PM   #1
VACamm
DIS Veteran

ADRs for June Trip

I finally was able to make ALL of our ADRs for our June trip!! We were able to get every one that we wanted which is so exciting!! All 4 of us each chose 1 personal 'must do' and we are also trying 4 new restaurants that we have never eaten at before. To make it even better... We are having 3 character meals which we are thrilled for ... Because WE LOVE DISNEY

Sunday 6/16 HS: Mama Melroses for Fantasmic Dining Package. My husband loves the steak here and I love the Sangria! haha We also like the convenience of not waiting for fantasmic seats!! Its so worth it for us to know our seats are waiting for us without standing in line for an hour and a half.

Monday 6/17 EPCOT: Akershus in Norway for Princess Character Lunch. This was my pick and its our first time here. Im very curious about the Norway food we will try... And Im of course very excited to have one on one time with my favorite princess... Jasmine.

Tuesday 6/18 AK: Yak and Yeti. This was my 17 yr old sons pick. We ate there last August at the outdoor Quick Service so this is our first time at the table service. We are hoping its as good as the QS because it was yummy!

Wednesday 6/19 MK: Be Our Guest for dinner. We are very very very excited to be trying this one out for the first time and we are crossing our fingers that we get the ballroom! Anyone whos eaten here let me know what you thought was good and what was not so good... Id appreciate the advice

Thursday 6/20 EPCOT: Rose and Crown for dinner. This was my husbands pick because he loves the food, atmosphere, and the piano singing!! He also loves the Guinness haha

Friday 6/21 AK: Tusker House for Lunchtime character meal. This is another first time restaurant for us!! The characters look cute in their safari outfits from the pictures Ive seen.

Saturday 6/22 HS: 50s Prime Time Diner for dinner. We loved the atmosphere and food last time we ate here several years ago so we are hoping the food is just as good as last time.

Sunday 6/23 MK: Crystal Palace for the Pooh Character Dinner. This was my 10 year old sons pick.... He said they have 'the best chicken nuggets in all of Disney World'! Haha We always enjoy eating here though... The food isnt that bad and we love the character interaction... Especially Eeyore!

The rest will be quick service meals and we are hoping to eat at:

Sunshine Seasons... Our favorite in Epcot

Pecos Bills.... Yum

Pizza Planet ... Yuck. But my kids love it.

Probably the QS in Mexico

And not sure where else.... Its fun to sometimes not know where you are going to eat until you get there!
Old 01-05-2013, 06:25 PM   #2
autismgoesdisney
DIS Veteran

That sounds lovely!

Mama Melrose gets a bad rap on the boards, but we liked it!

Akershus I really liked. The food was good!

Yak n' Yeti - we are trying for the first time this trip too! We are also trying Be our Guest and Rose and Crown for the first time!

50s Primetime -- people love this place for us it was "ok"

Crystal Palace is a hit here too

I too like to not pick all our counter services beforehand. I get an idea f what we haven't done/what we really like and go from there....

Previous trips to WDW: 1981 Poly; 1984 Poly; Mar 2001 CSR; Nov 2008 Sports AS; Dec 2010 POP Century; Aug 2011 POR; Aug 2012 CBR/POR; Aug 2013 AOA/POR; Aug 2014 POR
Previous cruises: Carnival Splendor April 2013; Disney Fantasy January 2014;
autismgoesdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-05-2013, 06:29 PM   #3
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Great list. You may get lucky or ask for an upstairs seat and yak n yeti. It is a great view of the scenery and people walking outside.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:43 PM   #4
VACamm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy
Great list. You may get lucky or ask for an upstairs seat and yak n yeti. It is a great view of the scenery and people walking outside.
Oh I didnt know you could sit upstairs!! Thank you!
Old 01-05-2013, 06:44 PM   #5
VACamm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by autismgoesdisney
That sounds lovely!

Yak n' Yeti - we are trying for the first time this trip too! We are also trying Be our Guest and Rose and Crown for the first time!

I too like to not pick all our counter services beforehand. I get an idea f what we haven't done/what we really like and go from there....
I have zero idea why Disboards gives Mama Melroses poor reviews either... We love it. The calamari appetizer is absolutely delucious!
Old 01-05-2013, 06:47 PM   #6
VACamm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by autismgoesdisney
That sounds lovely!

Ps... You are gonna love Rose and Crown. Oh how I love their fish and chips!
Old 01-05-2013, 07:03 PM   #7
autismgoesdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VACamm View Post
Oh I didnt know you could sit upstairs!! Thank you!
I didn't know that either! I will use the tip as well. Thanks!

Previous trips to WDW: 1981 Poly; 1984 Poly; Mar 2001 CSR; Nov 2008 Sports AS; Dec 2010 POP Century; Aug 2011 POR; Aug 2012 CBR/POR; Aug 2013 AOA/POR; Aug 2014 POR
Previous cruises: Carnival Splendor April 2013; Disney Fantasy January 2014;
autismgoesdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:09 PM   #8
AlohaAnnie
DIS Veteran

Congratulations, we will be at Disney the same time your family will be.

Great Choices

Crystal Palace is a favorite for us. We really like it. I wanted Be Our Guest but my family crossed it off the list this trip. Maybe next time.

We really love Rose and Crown, it has become a family favorite.

Have a magical time!

POR June 2006 POP May/June 2008 CBR Pirate Room & BC May/June 2009 Vero Beach & CSR & AKV Kidani May/June 2010 BLT Oct 2010 BWV March/April 2011 AKV Kidani Dec 2011 BCV/BLT June 2013
WL CL & AKV - Jambo Studio CL March/April2014 AKV Kidani June 2016

June 2013 Dining Report PTR Spring Break 2014
AlohaAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: