Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2013, 08:42 PM   #1
jenstall
Earning My Ears

Deluxe Solo for Signature Dining?

Hey gang,
I'm going to be staying at Wilderness Lodge Villas for two nights this coming week and I have to decide by either tomorrow or Monday whether I want to add a Dining Plan to my DVC reservation or just go cash for dinner.

I was thinking about doing the deluxe plan and using all of the table service credits for signature dining and have made reservations accordingly for Jiko, Artist Point and Narcoossee's, but now I'm second guessing myself because it's prime time and the cost will be $102 per night.

My plans this trip only include one park day at Magic Kingdom and I'll be doing Keys to the Kingdom tour, which I guess includes lunch.

I'll actually be in Kissimmee all week long, just staying off site for the majority of the week so I will still be around for dinner on the day I check out of WL, that's why I was thinking I would do three signature dinners with the dining plan credits.

I have a reservation for Artist Point the evening I check into Wilderness Lodge and two late dining reservations the following nights, but I'm thinking about cancelling the Narcoossee's reservation on Friday completely and bumping the dinner at Jiko to Friday night and doing a regular table service dinner closer to the MK on the 14th -- I can do a late dinner at Kona's I think or at the Grand Floridian Cafe. That would give me plenty of time to come back to the resort after Keys to the Kingdom and then head back to MK later if I feel like it without having to leave again real quick to get the car and get to AKL.

Then I could have a add regular table service lunch at Downtown Disney on Friday and have dinner at Jiko that night.

Or do I just scrap the whole notion of trying to cram in meals at weird hours because I took too long to make reservations? I could just eat casual at MK and watch Wishes on the 14th instead of watching folks having their romantic dinners on Valentine's Day while I eat alone

Decisions, decisions. Well, if anyone has a great idea or a vote on yay or nay for deluxe dining let me know what you think!
Old 02-09-2013, 08:46 PM   #2
Mickey'sApprentice
Shamelessly demand, it works better
DIS Veteran

I personally wouldn't go to a regular signature dining experience on Valentine's Day. Could you get into the Luau or Hoop Dee Doo?
Apr '92 Off Property (Honeymoon): Dec '94, Feb '02 CR: Jan '05 WL/POR: Nov '06, Jan '09 HHI: Apr '07: First Trip "Home" to BWV: Jan '08: BWV, Mar '09: POR/BWV: Jan. '10 POR/AKV (Jambo), July '10: POFQ/BCV: Dec '10 AKV (Kidani)/POR:Sep. '11 POR/BWV, Jan '12: POP, Apr '12: POR/BWV, Jan '13: Conference/WL, Jul "13:POR. Dec '13: DOL/BLT, Jul '14: BWV 40th B-day Trip Report

Mickey'sApprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:51 PM   #3
jenstall
Earning My Ears

It looks like both of them are still open actually! But are they things you'd do on your own?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: