Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2013, 07:28 PM   #1
MommytoaSweetie
DIS Veteran

Anyone ordered from Target.com and sent to WDW resort?

Target.com has a child booster seat that we'll need for our trip... we had planned to just stop by Target after DH gets the rental car to buy one (cheaper than renting and new!) while I take our girls on Magical Express, but it's even cheaper to order from Target.com. (We don't need the seat until our next day)

So if I ordered it, do you think I could just send it to our resort (ASMu)? We've done it in the past with water from Costco, but it's been awhile. Assuming the shipping timetable would work, do you think it would work?

We are so blessed! Trip to WDW in the 80s courtesy of Make-A-Wish, two trips in the 90s thanks to youth group and a band trip, then a trip in 2004 with DH - what started the trend. Another short trip in 2005, a trip to DisneyLand in 2008 with our DD1, another trip to WDW in 2008 with DD1, trip in 2010 with DD1 and DD2, and just another in February 2011 with DD1 and DD2. It's been amazing!

DH, me, and our two beautiful girls (5 and 3)

Our dining report from our February 2011 trip
MommytoaSweetie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:56 PM   #2
sookie
DIS Veteran

It would probably work, but you can use a carseat on a plane - it is actually recommended.
sookie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-03-2013, 07:57 PM   #3
Colleen27
DIS Veteran

I can't see why not. I've ordered from Soap.com/Diapers.com and had my packages shipped to my resort to get things I didn't have room to pack or couldn't take through security. But if this is something you think you might do more than once in a childhood you might want to invest in a Bubblebum rather than picking up a cheap 'disposable' seat. I love mine; it is absolutely awesome for traveling when you don't need a booster getting there (plane or train) but need one for cabs or rental cars at your destination.

Tickerless once more...Kid-free trip on hold until fall 2014
How a Year Off Became a Year of Disney Magic! PTR
My Training Blog - From Fluffy to Fit: A Pooh Sized Runner's Quest to Run Disney
Colleen27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:09 PM   #4
MommytoaSweetie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sookie View Post
It would probably work, but you can use a carseat on a plane - it is actually recommended.
I didn't think you were allowed to bring a booster on board? We can do it with a convertible carseat I thought, but not with boosters? If you can use them, that would definitely be the easiest option, but I'd rather buy them there than have them gate checked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colleen27 View Post
I can't see why not. I've ordered from Soap.com/Diapers.com and had my packages shipped to my resort to get things I didn't have room to pack or couldn't take through security. But if this is something you think you might do more than once in a childhood you might want to invest in a Bubblebum rather than picking up a cheap 'disposable' seat. I love mine; it is absolutely awesome for traveling when you don't need a booster getting there (plane or train) but need one for cabs or rental cars at your destination.
I'll have to look into that, thanks!

We are so blessed! Trip to WDW in the 80s courtesy of Make-A-Wish, two trips in the 90s thanks to youth group and a band trip, then a trip in 2004 with DH - what started the trend. Another short trip in 2005, a trip to DisneyLand in 2008 with our DD1, another trip to WDW in 2008 with DD1, trip in 2010 with DD1 and DD2, and just another in February 2011 with DD1 and DD2. It's been amazing!

Old 01-04-2013, 12:21 AM   #5
jls886
DIS Veteran

You can also price match at Target to target.com if you'd rather just take it with you. They'll price match their website as long as the item isn't clearanced on target.com. The associates at customer service now have iPads (at least they did during the holidays) that they use to verify the target.com price and then do the match.
jls886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:09 AM   #6
happily single
Left foot first!

I woulnd't, but only because the few times I've used Target.com the shipping has been terrible and I received things later than I should have.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
happily single is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:14 PM   #7
JB2K
DIS Veteran

Just remember, whenever you order anything to be delivered at your WDW resort to get the exact street address for your resort (this is particularly imortant for UPS/FedEx) -- anything else will be sent to a central location somewhere in Lake Buena Vista, and it could be awhile before you see it...
Old 01-04-2013, 03:59 PM   #8
sk!mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by happily single View Post
I woulnd't, but only because the few times I've used Target.com the shipping has been terrible and I received things later than I should have.
This! I love Brick and mortar Target and never have a complaint but Target online is another story. I avoid ordering from them because every time I have there has been an issue- usually a super delayed shipping time.
sk!mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:51 PM   #9
3boymthr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk!mom View Post
This! I love Brick and mortar Target and never have a complaint but Target online is another story. I avoid ordering from them because every time I have there has been an issue- usually a super delayed shipping time.

I'd avoid buying from Target.com. They're shipping is nothing like some companies. I just bought a camera and the delivery estimate for standard shipping started two days ago and ended next Wednesday. Based on the tracking from UPS it's going to arrive next Wednesday. While it's not an "issue" per se for me as my camera will probably arrive within the specified window, unless you want to pay a bundle for a guaranteed delivery date (and I do mean a bundle the next day shipping charge was $40 ) you may not have the item in time to use it.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:04 PM   #10
MomToOne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sookie View Post
Only hard-backed car seats are allowed. Per the FAA website: "While booster seats and harness vests enhance safety in vehicles, FAA prohibits passengers from bringing these types of restraints on airplanes for use during taxi, take-off and landing. These restraints should be checked as baggage." Since the OP is discussing getting an inexpensive booster seat, I presume she is talking about one of the backless kinds.
MomToOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:08 PM   #11
MommytoaSweetie
DIS Veteran

Good points from all. I've ordered a few times from Target.com and it's been fine, although I can't say I've been waiting for them by a specific date so I didn't pay much attention to shipping speed. But that's for us at home, and who knows about Disney.

Then I went and looked at the BubbleBum seat, and it looks awesome!! So I ordered that, and it's latest date to arrive is 2 days before we leave, so it should be fine. Worst case, I can still go with our original plan of buying the regular seats when we arrive, but I love that these are small enough to put in luggage! And definitely useful for taxis, other trips, and riding in other cars. Perfect. Thanks so much!!

Old 01-04-2013, 05:13 PM   #12
letsgoreds
DIS Veteran

I always just carry on the booster (backless) seat (Delta). Never been forced to check it. The flight attendants always make sure I know that I can't use it on the plane, but that is it. Never been forced to gate check it. It is one more thing to carry, but has never been a problem.

I don't think it counted against my carry on allowance.
letsgoreds is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: