Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2013, 04:10 PM   #1
meajuly5
DIS Veteran

Can a suite be booked cheaper than 2 fam deluxe oceanview w veranda

Would need to accommodate two adults and two children. The two adults would not share the same bed. Workable?
meajuly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:17 PM   #2
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by meajuly5 View Post
Would need to accommodate two adults and two children. The two adults would not share the same bed. Workable?
In many cases, you will find the separate oceanview rooms will be cheaper than booking a suite. And you get 2 bathrooms, 2 tvs and extra storage space that way.

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-03-2013, 06:30 PM   #3
wallawallakids
DIS Veteran

You can get more deals on two separate rooms. Like the KSF and such. Suites are not eligible for a lot of the discount codes. Good luck.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:50 PM   #4
Four Bears
Mouseketeer

Could the adults use the bunk beds and the kids sleep together in the queen sized bed?

Also the Magic and Wonder have the option of two twins instead of the queen.

Also the deluxe family veranda can fit five which includes the sofa bed, upper berth and murphy bed, as well as the queen bed.

Disney Magic 2010 Eastern Caribbean
Disney Magic 2012 Western Caribbean
Disney Fantasy 2013 Western Caribbean
Counting down to Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean

Four Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:52 PM   #5
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Individual date prices will vary, but you'll probably find the suite to be more expensive across the board.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:03 PM   #6
Mommb
Mouseketeer

If you will be on the Dream or Fantasy, where the queen beds cannot be split, you may be better off in two Verandah rooms than in a 1-bedroom suite, which will have a double sleeper sofa and a pull-down twin in the living room. One adult would get the bedroom, and the other would have a sofa by the kids. On the Magic or Wonder, the adults could share the bedroom.

Suites are often more expensive than two Veranda rooms though, and a 2-bedroom suite would almost certainly cost much more than two rooms.
Mommb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:02 AM   #7
meajuly5
DIS Veteran

Thank you! Would be on wonder. Although we could technically squeeze into one deluxe cabin , it would be a rough week with different schedules and personalities. Have never priced a royal or suite. Where do you all find the deals and discounts? Are many deals likely on the July Alaska cruise ? Seems high peak do I am guessing not
Old 01-04-2013, 07:32 AM   #8
kcashner
DIS Veteran

You can find specials as well as regular prices on line. I doubt that you are going to find any "deals" on July in Alaska, but anything is possible.

Why not do something like connecting cat 5s (or 7s)? You'll save serious money. Many use this system to make a "fake" suite. It gives you 2 bathrooms, 2 TVs, and plenty of beds that will separate. We've stayed in the "partially obstructed" cat 7s, and there is very little obstructions--certainly not enough to interfere with OUR enjoyment of the view.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:50 AM   #9
meajuly5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcashner
You can find specials as well as regular prices on line. I doubt that you are going to find any "deals" on July in Alaska, but anything is possible.

Why not do something like connecting cat 5s (or 7s)? You'll save serious money. Many use this system to make a "fake" suite. It gives you 2 bathrooms, 2 TVs, and plenty of beds that will separate. We've stayed in the "partially obstructed" cat 7s, and there is very little obstructions--certainly not enough to interfere with OUR enjoyment of the view.
Great idea! Will look not it. We can keep things as is but the excursions we are looking at almost equal the cruise price and I think I would rather compromise on the room and go all out on the excursions
Old 01-04-2013, 08:26 AM   #10
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by meajuly5 View Post
Great idea! Will look not it. We can keep things as is but the excursions we are looking at almost equal the cruise price and I think I would rather compromise on the room and go all out on the excursions
Look at excursions thru Shore Trips. I think it is shoretrips.com. We had excursions thru them with the same vendors as the cruise line used for about 30% less! The only thing we couldn't get thru them was zip line in Victoria because the cruise line had bought out the entire time slot we'd be in port. We also had smaller groups (in one case, a private tour!) That was especially good with whale watching where the smaller boat could go closer than the larger cruise line boat.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: