DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2013, 04:57 PM   #31
dvcterry
DIS Veteran

They had a drawing for annual passholders to win a night in the castle.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/dis...erella-castle/

http://www.wdwmagic.com/resorts/cind...weepstakes.htm
Old 01-06-2013, 08:54 AM   #32
MinnieLee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgraham34 View Post
Don't anyone hear worry about staying in the castle. I have just purchased the castle and I will be moving in permanently. No further information is available. Just accept you will never stay in my castle, EVER.
Jut in case you EVER want to rent the suite out for one night, let me know!!!! You could make a fortune!!!

MinnieLee is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-06-2013, 04:00 PM   #33
mvc1997
Mouseketeer

It's probably just me, but I think it would be creepy staying in there over night. In this huge empty, dark park.

Members since 1997
mvc1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:15 PM   #34
WilsonFlyer

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvc1997 View Post
It's probably just me, but I think it would be creepy staying in there over night. In this huge empty, dark park.
Then it would shock you to know how alive and lit up MK is when all the guests leave for the night. Would it surprise you to know that the MK never gets below about a 1-2 crowd level? Ever! It is different, but it's certainly not dark and it's certainly not empty.
WilsonFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:20 PM   #35
MrDVC
Mouseketeer

I know it's true. My bus driver even confirmed it when I was there last week. I"ll be first in line for the GFV so I can assure myself of a stay in the castle.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:11 PM   #36
eva
Often uses her unique ability to shut down threads.

DIS Veteran

Well it may not be dark and dreary, but I would be surprised if you could leave the room and roam about the MK. I would feel uncomfortable that I couldn't leave the room. What if you want a snack or just want to walk around and the MK is closed? I would hate being cooped up in my room once the MK closed. What if the park closes at 9? How do you get in and out of your room? And while the suite is pretty, it definitely is not my taste. I like a bit more modern decor. Give me a GV at any DVC resort!
Old 01-08-2013, 06:21 PM   #37
WilsonFlyer

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eva View Post
Well it may not be dark and dreary, but I would be surprised if you could leave the room and roam about the MK. I would feel uncomfortable that I couldn't leave the room. What if you want a snack or just want to walk around and the MK is closed? I would hate being cooped up in my room once the MK closed. What if the park closes at 9? How do you get in and out of your room? And while the suite is pretty, it definitely is not my taste. I like a bit more modern decor. Give me a GV at any DVC resort!
As has already been mentioned, you would have a constant companion with you at all times. Any exit would be to the utilidors below the castle. As you implied, you are not allowed to roam about the MK after park hours, even though you are staying in the castle. From my recollection, you can't even really see anything going on in the MK from the room because there are essentially no clear windows.

On the other hand, for one night and one night only, who would want to leave anyway! It would take me an entire night just to get all the pictures I would want to get of the suite anyway. :D
WilsonFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:18 AM   #38
Shamus
CHARTER MEMBER -- Disney Information Station-DVC Board -- June 1, 1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonFlyer View Post
As has already been mentioned, you would have a constant companion with you at all times. Any exit would be to the utilidors below the castle. As you implied, you are not allowed to roam about the MK after park hours, even though you are staying in the castle. From my recollection, you can't even really see anything going on in the MK from the room because there are essentially no clear windows.
Blogger Andrea was chosen to spend a night in the Castle Suite and brought along a few of her friends.

They reported being able to do a bit of after hours "roaming".

Her friend Amanda's Story can be found here: http://ohamanda.com/2011/04/06/how-i...rellas-castle/

At the bottom of that page you can find links to additional reports and photo's posted by her lucky travel companions.

Last edited by Shamus; 01-09-2013 at 01:48 AM.
Shamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:23 AM   #39
ohamanda
Earning My Ears

My night in the castle!

Thanks for linking to my post, Shamus.

I can tell you right now, staying in the castle was the LEAST creepy and the most exciting thing I've probably ever done in my life!

As far as how you get to stay there, according to the CM's when we were there, they said it is only available as a prize. Like Travelocity might "buy" it to give away in a contest. (I'm not sure about that "buying" part, that was just the example they gave.) Or other departments of Disney might use it to give away as a prize.

They told us the reason Tom & Suri got to stay there is b/c Tom signed a 3-movie contract w/one of Disney's companies and put it in his contract that Suri could have her bday party at Disney AND they'd get to stay in the castle. So, I guess it can kinda sorta be bought if you're making millions of dollars for Disney. (Or maybe it can be given as a gift--I heard Michael Buble stayed there recently.)

Our VIP CM told us that if a dignitary or Oprah or a random bazillionaire asked to stay in the castle, it would be impossible. It's not for sale.

So, it's truly a once-in-a-lifetime event! I literally get giddy every time I look at that post or think about that night!

ohamanda.com

me ::: dh ::: dd7 ::: ds4
ohamanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:32 AM   #40
6624Ng
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohamanda
Thanks for linking to my post, Shamus.

I can tell you right now, staying in the castle was the LEAST creepy and the most exciting thing I've probably ever done in my life!

As far as how you get to stay there, according to the CM's when we were there, they said it is only available as a prize. Like Travelocity might "buy" it to give away in a contest. (I'm not sure about that "buying" part, that was just the example they gave.) Or other departments of Disney might use it to give away as a prize.

They told us the reason Tom & Suri got to stay there is b/c Tom signed a 3-movie contract w/one of Disney's companies and put it in his contract that Suri could have her bday party at Disney AND they'd get to stay in the castle. So, I guess it can kinda sorta be bought if you're making millions of dollars for Disney. (Or maybe it can be given as a gift--I heard Michael Buble stayed there recently.)

Our VIP CM told us that if a dignitary or Oprah or a random bazillionaire asked to stay in the castle, it would be impossible. It's not for sale.

So, it's truly a once-in-a-lifetime event! I literally get giddy every time I look at that post or think about that night!

Thanks Ohamanda. It would feel weird not seeing other guests roaming about. I guess it's just me. Anyways, I told the kids and they are pretty bummed about not being able to stay there. Hey, but I told them Hawaii can't be a bad second alternative....lol
6624Ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:16 AM   #41
MrShiny
DIS Veteran

Here's another story of staying in the castle in 2011: http://thehappyhousewife.com/real-li...rellas-castle/

Next trip:
Star Wars Celebration and COMMON Annual Meeting,
Disneyland Hotel April 2015
MrShiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:54 PM   #42
6624Ng
Earning My Ears

Sure is pretty. Oh well, guess we can dream.
6624Ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:27 PM   #43
csharpwv
DIS Veteran

We got to tour the Suite at Disneyland!

I have to say, I think the Disneyland suite is a bit more extravagant than the dream suite at WDW. The Disneyland Suite is located above New Orleans Square (and Pirates!)

Yes, it isn't in the castle - BUT it is far more family friendly. It is 2BR - 2.5 BA

The Master Bedroom and the 'kids' bedroom both have kiss goodnight features - and they are SO incredible!

The Master Bedroom turns into a scene from Peter Pan (Neverland) and the Kid's room turns into a fantasy from Walt's childhood.

There is a Grandfather alarm clock for wake up in the morning - and there are several magical features all around the suite.

There is even an outdoor patio that guests can use!

There is a Concierge there from the time you arrive, until the time you leave. They take care of anything and everything you could possibly want (within reason of course). If you want to walk around the park before or after close - SURE, but it has to be with them.

There are also a few Disney family heirlooms included in the decor.

Such a magical experience even just to tour, I can't imagine spending the night!
-Bay Lake Tower
-Saratoga Springs
-Hilton Head Island
csharpwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:38 PM   #44
Micca
You gotta love a great plan like that
Will be spending some time with George Harrison
I have known whack-a-doodles in my day

Do you suppose people staying in the castle find pizza delivery offers under the door when they come in for the night?
Micca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:54 AM   #45
sechelt
Mouseketeer

This week, someone on Wheel of Fortune won a visit to WDW and a stay in the castle suite. Not sure if that's a Disney promo thing or if WOF bought the prize.
sechelt is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: