Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2013, 08:42 PM   #91
tito711
Earning My Ears

Criminal Charge?

Hi I have a question! I got a Dui in florida way back in 2010. I just applyed to be a cp in the fall of 2013, I did disclose that i did get a dui but im not convited of it! My charge should have been dropped in 2011 but the court house lost my case file and I had to wait until late 2012 for my case to open again. So now my case is pending which means until august and I will be free of the charges. On the application it says do you have any criminal charges pending against, I replied yes cause the case is still open. What are my chances of getting in? I'm not a criminal I just made a mistake and learned from it. But I would like to experience this program and i dont want this to be held against me.
tito711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:50 PM   #92
wdwislife
DIS Veteran

Passed the WBI and scheduled my phone interview for 3PM central time on Wednesday!

This is all so surreal!

WDW TRIPS Feb 2000: offsite | Feb 2002: offsite/yacht club | Feb 2004: offsite | Feb 2006: offsite | Feb 2008: offsite/boardwalk | Feb 2010: Contemporary/offsite | Dec 2010: SUPRISE TRIP at the POP! | Feb 2012: offsite/all-star movies | May 2013: POFQ | Aug 2013: AKL | Sept 2013: FW Cabins | Nov 2013: YC | Dec 2013: CBR | March 2014: Offsite | DL TRIPS Aug 2008: offsite | July 2009: offsite | Aug 2011: offsite | DCL TRIPS Aug 2012: 4 Day Canada/NE, Disney Magic | DLP TRIPS Dec 2012: Sequoia Lodge |
wdwislife is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-09-2013, 01:01 AM   #93
SierraRose
Earning My Ears

Whew! Passed the WBI and my phone interview is next Saturday! I was (stupidly)reading some comments on people not passing the WBI and so I was shaking as I clicked the start button

Good luck to all of you!
SierraRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 05:50 AM   #94
Allieran3
Live in my magical Disney bubble with Grumpy and a teenager!!!

Phone interview next Friday @1:15, for me. Congrats to everyone so far
Old 02-09-2013, 09:24 AM   #95
jenniy122
Mouseketeer

Phone interview Wednesday at 5:45!!!
2011 - POP
2014 - POP

my blog
jenniy122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:32 AM   #96
Wishes Count
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tito711 View Post
Hi I have a question! I got a Dui in florida way back in 2010. I just applyed to be a cp in the fall of 2013, I did disclose that i did get a dui but im not convited of it! My charge should have been dropped in 2011 but the court house lost my case file and I had to wait until late 2012 for my case to open again. So now my case is pending which means until august and I will be free of the charges. On the application it says do you have any criminal charges pending against, I replied yes cause the case is still open. What are my chances of getting in? I'm not a criminal I just made a mistake and learned from it. But I would like to experience this program and i dont want this to be held against me.

This is only my opinion, based on what I have read on these boards before. First I think it is good that you are honest about it and you will be honest about it in your phone interview (because they will ask). That can be your chance to explain that the charges are in the process of being dropped. If you are accepted they will run a background check on you so lying is not a good idea.

I have heard that sometimes they will send you some "extra" paperwork to fill out regarding your record. I think if they send you this paperwork it is a good sign that they want to hire you.

I think you still have a good chance of being accepted to the program and they may take it into account for certain roles (Like transportation) based on company policies, but I think as long as you are upfront and honest with the interviewer you should be okay.
Old 02-09-2013, 09:34 AM   #97
o0junebug0o
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by SierraRose View Post
Whew! Passed the WBI and my phone interview is next Saturday! I was (stupidly)reading some comments on people not passing the WBI and so I was shaking as I clicked the start button

Good luck to all of you!
I did the exact same thing! Made me so nervous! I passed the WBI and my phone interview is Friday at 5:45. I'm so excited!!

Good luck again to everybody!

Every day is Any Thing Can Happen Day - IF you work at it." - Lonnie Burr
o0junebug0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:41 AM   #98
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

I applied for the 3rd time so hope this time is lucky! I have made it to the waiting game stage twice and both times was denied during the final week of decisions I think I hurt my last chance by not choosing more roles because in the interview she said I limited myself to just hospitality type ones but that's what I am hoping for. I'm also much much older than all of the other hopeful CP'rs altho I know they have accepted people my age and older. I really want to do this - it would be a lifetime dream come true! I've applied to PI's too and last year at this time I was still being considered up until 3 pm of the final day for 2 different PI's but then got the dreaded declined email. I went back to college after my kids were grown and have worked so hard in school & have so much experience to offer Disney - I really really hope I get in this time!

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
heaven2dc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:50 AM   #99
Wishes Count
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
I applied for the 3rd time so hope this time is lucky! I have made it to the waiting game stage twice and both times was denied during the final week of decisions I think I hurt my last chance by not choosing more roles because in the interview she said I limited myself to just hospitality type ones but that's what I am hoping for. I'm also much much older than all of the other hopeful CP'rs altho I know they have accepted people my age and older. I really want to do this - it would be a lifetime dream come true! I've applied to PI's too and last year at this time I was still being considered up until 3 pm of the final day for 2 different PI's but then got the dreaded declined email. I went back to college after my kids were grown and have worked so hard in school & have so much experience to offer Disney - I really really hope I get in this time!
Did you apply for more roles this time? Hospitality roles are hard to get if you aren't a hospitality major. You really need to sell yourself and explain why you would be a good fit for those roles! If you feel like you didn't get to really explain why you would be great there should be a time at the end of the interview where they ask if you have anything to add. This is where you can say "I know I would be fantastic working front desk because..." If you have been to Disney many times and have knowledge of the property make sure you tell them that!

Good luck!
Old 02-09-2013, 01:01 PM   #100
CMHopeful!
When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.-- Walt Disney

Exclamation Help needed!!!! Dcp app question- urgent!!!!

I'm in the process of applying for the Fall DCP (YIPPEE!) but have hit a wall-- I have previously applied to the Disney Store, however it was over a year ago. I do not know the exact date and I don't think that they have my app on file any longer. I also applied for an internship with Disney Theatrical Group last summer, but they decided to close all of the applications and take the job out of the listings. So do either of these applications really count? Do I just put no? I'm afraid to be wrong and have them reject me instantly for it. PLEASE HELP!!! THIS IS MY DREAM!
Dec./ Jan. 1995/'96- My 1st visit to Disney World! ; off grounds- condo Aug. 2006- 7 Day trip to WDW; Disney's Pop-Century Resort Feb. 2008- 11 DAY 16TH BIRTHDAY TRIP TO WDW ; 1st night at the Animal Kingdom, remaining at Pop Century! May. 2010- Senior class trip!!! All-Star Movies Aug. 2010- 9 day trip to WDW; 1st 2 nights Pop- Century Resort, remaining at All-Star Sports...Nana's 1st trip to Disney World

Fall '13 CP Hopeful!:

<-----I wish...I wish to be Wendy Darling in Disney one day!
CMHopeful! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 01:39 PM   #101
LauraLynn
Earning My Ears

I got my phone interview schedule for Monday @ 1:15, I was soo nervous through the entire process of the WBI...and it took sooo long to get the emails.

Last night I stayed up with some people practicing interview questions. If anyone wants to practice with me, feel free to message me!
LauraLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 01:43 PM   #102
Wishes Count
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMHopeful! View Post
I'm in the process of applying for the Fall DCP (YIPPEE!) but have hit a wall-- I have previously applied to the Disney Store, however it was over a year ago. I do not know the exact date and I don't think that they have my app on file any longer. I also applied for an internship with Disney Theatrical Group last summer, but they decided to close all of the applications and take the job out of the listings. So do either of these applications really count? Do I just put no? I'm afraid to be wrong and have them reject me instantly for it. PLEASE HELP!!! THIS IS MY DREAM!
I would put yes and put the date you applied for the the internship. They are looking to see if you have applied in the past 6 months, so it sounds like either way you should be okay.
Old 02-09-2013, 01:51 PM   #103
CMHopeful!
When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.-- Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishes Count View Post
I would put yes and put the date you applied for the the internship. They are looking to see if you have applied in the past 6 months, so it sounds like either way you should be okay.
I applied for the PI last March (the apps opened Feb. of 2012, for summer 2012) though...should I still add it?
Dec./ Jan. 1995/'96- My 1st visit to Disney World! ; off grounds- condo Aug. 2006- 7 Day trip to WDW; Disney's Pop-Century Resort Feb. 2008- 11 DAY 16TH BIRTHDAY TRIP TO WDW ; 1st night at the Animal Kingdom, remaining at Pop Century! May. 2010- Senior class trip!!! All-Star Movies Aug. 2010- 9 day trip to WDW; 1st 2 nights Pop- Century Resort, remaining at All-Star Sports...Nana's 1st trip to Disney World

Fall '13 CP Hopeful!:

Old 02-09-2013, 01:54 PM   #104
Wishes Count
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMHopeful! View Post
I applied for the PI last March (the apps opened Feb. of 2012, for summer 2012) though...should I still add it?
I would.
Old 02-09-2013, 01:56 PM   #105
CMHopeful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishes Count View Post
I would.
Okay, thank you very much! I would rather explain that the apps were closed if they can't see the proof I applied, than to explain why they see that I have previously applied and didn't list it.

Fall '13 CP Hopeful!:

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: