Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2013, 03:59 PM   #76
Time Traveler
the best around

I'm currently waiting on the WBI as I haven't applied before, but I'm a bit curious about how phone interviews work. Do they give you a random time or do they ask for when you're available? I have classes that I can't miss and I'm going to be out of town for the first week of March (in Orlando).
Old 02-08-2013, 04:18 PM   #77
Wishes Count
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time Traveler View Post
I'm currently waiting on the WBI as I haven't applied before, but I'm a bit curious about how phone interviews work. Do they give you a random time or do they ask for when you're available? I have classes that I can't miss and I'm going to be out of town for the first week of March (in Orlando).
They show you available dates and times to pick from. There are times available up until 11pm EST.
Register to remove

Old 02-08-2013, 04:33 PM   #78
lost_n_the_clouds
StitchFanatic

Just got my WBI Email..about to take..ahhhh *crosses fingers*

Good luck everyone!!
Old 02-08-2013, 04:44 PM   #79
PirateSnowmen
Bazinga!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost_n_the_clouds View Post
Just got my WBI Email..about to take..ahhhh *crosses fingers*

Good luck everyone!!
Good luck!

I have to wait until tonight to apply because I have a bunch of homework due at midnight, and I know if I start the application now, I won't be in the mood to work on homework for the rest of the day
Old 02-08-2013, 05:07 PM   #80
lost_n_the_clouds
StitchFanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateSnowmen View Post
Good luck!

I have to wait until tonight to apply because I have a bunch of homework due at midnight, and I know if I start the application now, I won't be in the mood to work on homework for the rest of the day
Thank you!!!

I got through..yay!!
Have to wait to get my email to set up the phone interview.

Haha I know what you mean about h.w...never ends lol.
Good luck finishing your assignments..and a huge huge good luck on you WBI!!
Old 02-08-2013, 05:16 PM   #81
xoxoKissLina
Earning My Ears

Hi everyone!

My name is Lien and I'm graduating Summer 2013 with my Accounting and Business Administration degrees. I applied last year for the Fall 2012 internship but was unable to go. I got housekeeping last time around and hope to get my dream role in BBB. I applied early this morning and am now waiting for my phone interview on Monday. Wishing everyone the best of luck through their application process!
xoxoKissLina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:47 PM   #82
Time Traveler
the best around

Just passed the WBI and scheduled my phone interview for next Wednesday!
Old 02-08-2013, 06:13 PM   #83
RogerRadcliffe
Imagineering

How Darling! Congratulations to everyone who has applied, and best of luck with your Web Based and Phone Interviews! Remember to smile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyanne and Stitch View Post
That definitely sounds like a good plan for the interview.

I hope you get the attraction you want! :
Thanks Lyanne! I'm REALLY hoping for quite a few different ones, but honestly will enjoy any attraction I receive. Just a little bit of magic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khancock View Post
It changed significantly in Fall 2011.

Now it is like this
  • within 2 weeks know if you are offered, declined, or pended (this is the same as it was)
Ah, the wonderful e-presentation and codes for those that went to the campus presentations, good old days.

Just thought I'd add it it sometimes a bit longer than the two weeks as several people have been left pending until the last few weeks of applications.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoKissLina View Post
Hi everyone!

My name is Lien and I'm graduating Summer 2013 with my Accounting and Business Administration degrees. I applied last year for the Fall 2012 internship but was unable to go. I got housekeeping last time around and hope to get my dream role in BBB. I applied early this morning and am now waiting for my phone interview on Monday. Wishing everyone the best of luck through their application process!
Welcome Lien, to the Haunted Mansion... I mean the Fall Board. Congratulations on scheduling your phone interview, what are your top three role choices?

Best of luck, and Have a Magical Day!

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."
―Walt Disney
RogerRadcliffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:52 PM   #84
DizFrek <3
Earning My Ears

I just received an e-mail asking me to take the Web Based interview. I'm not to sure if it's spam or not though because when I click on my dashboard, it doesn't show anything about me being able to take it and it says "Dear [#Application Master:Candidate_KnownAs#]" in the email ...

It looks like spam to me, but the email came from donotreply @ disneycareers.com, and the phone numbers listed are valid (you could probably get them from the internet though). I tried calling the number provided to see what was going on, and because it's past 5 their time, the office is closed and won't be open until Monday (when the interview would be do, and I've got classes all day)

What do you guys think about it? I don't want to open the interview and got a virus on my computer, but I also don't want to miss out if it's the real thing

By the way: I'm Brittany, I'm a Pre-Dental Hygiene student at UMKC and Disney has been a huge part of my life. I've gone I think 8 times to WDW, and once to DL. My mom used to be a travel agent for Disney World and has been almost 30 times, so Disney is very much a family thing.

Last edited by DizFrek <3; 02-08-2013 at 07:55 PM. Reason: Introducing myself
DizFrek <3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:51 PM   #85
Wishes Count
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizFrek <3 View Post
I just received an e-mail asking me to take the Web Based interview. I'm not to sure if it's spam or not though because when I click on my dashboard, it doesn't show anything about me being able to take it and it says "Dear [#Application Master:Candidate_KnownAs#]" in the email ...

It looks like spam to me, but the email came from donotreply @ disneycareers.com, and the phone numbers listed are valid (you could probably get them from the internet though). I tried calling the number provided to see what was going on, and because it's past 5 their time, the office is closed and won't be open until Monday (when the interview would be do, and I've got classes all day)

What do you guys think about it? I don't want to open the interview and got a virus on my computer, but I also don't want to miss out if it's the real thing

By the way: I'm Brittany, I'm a Pre-Dental Hygiene student at UMKC and Disney has been a huge part of my life. I've gone I think 8 times to WDW, and once to DL. My mom used to be a travel agent for Disney World and has been almost 30 times, so Disney is very much a family thing.
That's it! I would suggest using Internet Explorer. Good luck!
Old 02-08-2013, 08:52 PM   #86
o0junebug0o
Earning My Ears

I just submitted my application!
Just wanted to say a quick good luck to anyone else who applied and I hope we get to be co-workers in the fall!

Every day is Any Thing Can Happen Day - IF you work at it." - Lonnie Burr
o0junebug0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:02 PM   #87
SierraRose
Earning My Ears

Hey guys! Just applied for Fall 2013 and I was wondering how long does it take to receive the email for the WBI? It's past 5PM which is past their usual office hours so should I expect it tomorrow?
thanks!
SierraRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:17 PM   #88
SecondStar2TheRight
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by SierraRose View Post
Hey guys! Just applied for Fall 2013 and I was wondering how long does it take to receive the email for the WBI? It's past 5PM which is past their usual office hours so should I expect it tomorrow?
thanks!
I applied just about right at 10am CST, got the "thank you" email at 10:29am, and then got the WBI email at 11:11am. I've heard some people have been waiting all day for it.
SecondStar2TheRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:26 PM   #89
Time Traveler
the best around

Quote:
Originally Posted by SierraRose View Post
thanks!
I applied around 2:15, received my "thank you for applying email" at 3, and then received my WBI email at 5:15. I got my phone interview schedule email ~10-15 minutes after passing the WBI.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:27 PM   #90
SierraRose
Earning My Ears

Yay just got my thank you email (meaning that I can stop freaking out about possibly putting down my email wrong lol)
SierraRose is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: