Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2013, 12:40 PM   #541
SnowWhite123
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by surferdude View Post
Merchandise for Fall
Awesome! I hope that it all works out! I'm still pending! haha
SnowWhite123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:44 AM   #542
Jakey1
Earning My Ears

Officially been pending for 1 month!

Maybe today will be the day..
Jakey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-24-2013, 09:28 AM   #543
keysah
Earning My Ears

Have they sent out any acceptances to character attendant?
keysah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:14 AM   #544
touchthesky
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by keysah View Post
Have they sent out any acceptances to character attendant?
Doesn't seem like they've sent out a whole lot. That was my top choice and I'm pending. Hoping/have a feeling that may be why. Does anyone know how big of a role that is? I've heard anywhere from almost as big as merch to 50-100. Its very confusing.....

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind
touchthesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:41 AM   #545
Wishes Count
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchthesky View Post
Doesn't seem like they've sent out a whole lot. That was my top choice and I'm pending. Hoping/have a feeling that may be why. Does anyone know how big of a role that is? I've heard anywhere from almost as big as merch to 50-100. Its very confusing.....
I have heard that it is a very small role. There is no way it is as big as merch!
Old 03-24-2013, 04:33 PM   #546
keysah
Earning My Ears

Quote:

I've been pending and I'm hoping that's the reason because it was one of my top choices!
keysah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:25 PM   #547
touchthesky
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishes Count View Post
I have heard that it is a very small role. There is no way it is as big as merch!
Thanks. People seem to have all heard different things about the sizes. I'm hoping/guessing not as big as merch/attractions (obviously), but not quite as small as say BBB/PL

Old 03-24-2013, 11:21 PM   #548
Xion
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Thanks. People seem to have all heard different things about the sizes. I'm hoping/guessing not as big as merch/attractions (obviously), but not quite as small as say BBB/PL
There's actually a site where people go in and list their name and placement for Fall/Fall Advantage 2013 WDWCP. Found it on the Fall Facebook group.

disneycollegeprogramplacements.weebly.com/countdown-til-check-in.html
(I can't yet post links!)

Of course, it doesn't come close to showing all the people who were accepted in each position, but it should give you a good idea on the sizes of each role.

I'm pretty much with you in hoping that I'm still pending given that the role I wanted seems to be a really small one. Not to mention, I haven't really heard much about anyone being accepted outside of Merch, QSFB, Custodial, Attractions, Main Enterance and Lifeguarding... Let's keep our fingers crossed!

Last edited by Xion; 03-24-2013 at 11:28 PM.
Xion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:56 AM   #549
Musings
Mouseketeer

Merch is definitely more than 50-100 people accepted per semester. Either way, good luck to those applying!
Musings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:22 AM   #550
touchthesky
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musings View Post
Merch is definitely more than 50-100 people accepted per semester. Either way, good luck to those applying!
I should have rephrased my original post better. People have said different things about the size of character attendant. Some have said its just a little smaller than Meech (so in the 1,000 range I'm guessing). Others have said its one of the smaller roles (50-100). I'm hoping its somewhere in the middle of that. But I have no way of knowing.

Xion -greetings fellow kingdom hearts fan! What were your top roles? I agree not much has been said outside of the biggest roles, but I'm starting to get the feeling that's normal. Good luck!

Old 03-25-2013, 10:30 AM   #551
dairylives
Mouseketeer

Character attendant is not one of the biggest roles, but its not really near the smaller roles either. BBB/PL, Concierge, Entertainment, and (i believe Recreation) are far smaller. I suppose CA is small compared to QSFB, Attractions, or Merch, but far from being one of the hardest CPs to get.
dairylives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 04:46 PM   #552
Xion
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I should have rephrased my original post better. People have said different things about the size of character attendant. Some have said its just a little smaller than Meech (so in the 1,000 range I'm guessing). Others have said its one of the smaller roles (50-100). I'm hoping its somewhere in the middle of that. But I have no way of knowing.

Xion -greetings fellow kingdom hearts fan! What were your top roles? I agree not much has been said outside of the biggest roles, but I'm starting to get the feeling that's normal. Good luck!
Haha! Fellow fan! My top role was Costuming, then Merch and QSFB. Since there has been SO many people already accepted into the ladder two, I'm reaaaally hoping that means I have a chance with the Costuming role (Told the interviewer I'd been doing cosplay comissions and theatre work for years if that means anything, haha!) . I've read that not many of people choose that role, but at the same time it's a fairly small role as it is. Likewise, I haven't heard anyone get into the role yet, same with Character Attendant.

On a good note, today there have been acceptances into Photopass and BBB, so it does seem like they're finally getting around to those smaller roles!
Xion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 05:34 PM   #553
Oreyan
Earning My Ears

Hi everyone!

I just got accepted into the Fall Advanage Program in Merchandise so I thought I should register on here and introduce myself.

My name is Anthony and I am a Philosophy major at the University of Colorado in Boulder. I am really excited for this opportunity and I am rooting for everyone else on here who are still waiting to hear back.
Oreyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 06:44 PM   #554
touchthesky
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion View Post
Haha! Fellow fan! My top role was Costuming, then Merch and QSFB. Since there has been SO many people already accepted into the ladder two, I'm reaaaally hoping that means I have a chance with the Costuming role (Told the interviewer I'd been doing cosplay comissions and theatre work for years if that means anything, haha!) . I've read that not many of people choose that role, but at the same time it's a fairly small role as it is. Likewise, I haven't heard anyone get into the role yet, same with Character Attendant.

On a good note, today there have been acceptances into Photopass and BBB, so it does seem like they're finally getting around to those smaller roles!
I've been thinking the same thing. My 2 and 3 were merch and attractions, which has also had several huge waves.

Old 03-25-2013, 07:16 PM   #555
Lyanne and Stitch
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oreyan View Post
Hi everyone!

I just got accepted into the Fall Advanage Program in Merchandise so I thought I should register on here and introduce myself.

My name is Anthony and I am a Philosophy major at the University of Colorado in Boulder. I am really excited for this opportunity and I am rooting for everyone else on here who are still waiting to hear back.
Congrats!

Lyanne and Stitch is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: