Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2013, 10:15 PM   #511
riffgurl
Earning My Ears

Interview

Hi everyone! I just had my interview today! should i be worried if I did not get a confirmation email that I participated in the interview?

Also, when is the last day they'll start notifying people? End of march?
Old 03-14-2013, 10:20 PM   #512
misscpround2
Earning My Ears

no don't worry about the email, mine came a day later and April 26 or 29 is the last day to hear back. I waited about two weeks before I heard anything
misscpround2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-15-2013, 11:02 AM   #513
surferdude
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by riffgurl View Post
Hi everyone! I just had my interview today! should i be worried if I did not get a confirmation email that I participated in the interview?

Also, when is the last day they'll start notifying people? End of march?
My confirmation email for completing the interview didnt come until the next day so dont worry!

As far as housing goes though, I picked my arrival day (only 2 available) but how does housing work? I thought u had a choice when you got down there but on my dashboard it shows my arrival day and then under it says Vista Way Apartments. So do I not get a choice (I was gonna try for Chatham I think)?
surferdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:08 AM   #514
Xion
Earning My Ears

Hiya everyone! I'm entirely new to this whole pre-DCP experience and have a quick question.

I've been pending for a little over 2 weeks now, and after the Merchandise and QSFB wave, I'm getting a little worried, haha! (They were my 2nd and 3rd choice) However, I haven't seen anyone accepted into Costuming yet and that happens to be my 1st.

So, I read through these posts and saw that the college board won't wait to choose you for a position, but is this something that only counts for Character Performers or for all positions? Are the positions handed out in a particular order?

(Hm.. Guess that's a little more than a quick question.)
Xion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:30 AM   #515
Wishes Count
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by surferdude

My confirmation email for completing the interview didnt come until the next day so dont worry!

As far as housing goes though, I picked my arrival day (only 2 available) but how does housing work? I thought u had a choice when you got down there but on my dashboard it shows my arrival day and then under it says Vista Way Apartments. So do I not get a choice (I was gonna try for Chatham I think)?
Check in is at Vista Way. Everyone gets their housing assignment once you check in. So you can ask for Chatham at that time.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 03-15-2013, 11:34 AM   #516
Wishes Count
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion
Hiya everyone! I'm entirely new to this whole pre-DCP experience and have a quick question.

I've been pending for a little over 2 weeks now, and after the Merchandise and QSFB wave, I'm getting a little worried, haha! (They were my 2nd and 3rd choice) However, I haven't seen anyone accepted into Costuming yet and that happens to be my 1st.

So, I read through these posts and saw that the college board won't wait to choose you for a position, but is this something that only counts for Character Performers or for all positions? Are the positions handed out in a particular order?

In regards to Character performers it means they will offer you a position they see you as a good fit for and then pending your audition switch you to performer.

There is really no rhyme or reason for how people are accepted and what roles are given out. Don't stress about trying to figure out a pattern because their isn't one lol. Also just because people have gotten accepted for Merch and QSFB doesn't mean that you won't be offered one of those roles. Hang in there, I'm sure you will hear something soon!

Old 03-15-2013, 12:04 PM   #517
surferdude
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishes Count View Post
Check in is at Vista Way. Everyone gets their housing assignment once you check in. So you can ask for Chatham at that time.

Ah! thanks a ton wishes
Old 03-15-2013, 12:10 PM   #518
Xion
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishes Count View Post
In regards to Character performers it means they will offer you a position they see you as a good fit for and then pending your audition switch you to performer.

There is really no rhyme or reason for how people are accepted and what roles are given out. Don't stress about trying to figure out a pattern because their isn't one lol. Also just because people have gotten accepted for Merch and QSFB doesn't mean that you won't be offered one of those roles. Hang in there, I'm sure you will hear something soon!

Ah, understood! Haha, guess I'm just getting antsy. Thanks for the answer!
Old 03-15-2013, 04:37 PM   #519
JaeChartaye
Earning My Ears

My first Disney experience thanks to the DCP

Hello all,
My name is Jae. I am a Spring '12 graduate of Florida State University and I am currently working to complete my second degree with FSU before going for my masters.

I've been accepted to the DCP Fall '13 and I am beyond excited! Although I am a Florida native, I have never had the opportunity to have the Magical Disney Experience, so this opportunity not only means a lot to me professionally but also personally.

I'm coming in as one of the "older" students (I'm 25), which makes me a tad bit nervous but I felt this would be perfect for me in preparation for a future professional internship. I am really just looking forward to all that the DCP has to offer.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:13 PM   #520
surferdude
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaeChartaye View Post
Hello all,
My name is Jae. I am a Spring '12 graduate of Florida State University and I am currently working to complete my second degree with FSU before going for my masters.

I've been accepted to the DCP Fall '13 and I am beyond excited! Although I am a Florida native, I have never had the opportunity to have the Magical Disney Experience, so this opportunity not only means a lot to me professionally but also personally.

I'm coming in as one of the "older" students (I'm 25), which makes me a tad bit nervous but I felt this would be perfect for me in preparation for a future professional internship. I am really just looking forward to all that the DCP has to offer.
Congrats! I wouldnt call 25 older (but thats because Im 24), which role did you get? Again congrats!
Old 03-15-2013, 09:54 PM   #521
RogerRadcliffe
Imagineering

Congratulations to everyone accepted recently, and best of luck to those of you still waiting! ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeg229 View Post
I kind of had the same thing happen to me. I got an email and saw it was from Disney. I thought it was about the PIs I applied for but no.... it was about the Disney look. Ugh
Time to cover up those tattoos and take those piercings out, darn!

Funny thing is I haven't received the Disney Look message, but probably because of several reason...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion View Post

Hello, excellent name Xion! Definitely stay positive, and keep busy so time goes by quick! Pending is definitely on the better side of everything!

As far as departments for roles go an their acceptances, there's not really a reasoning behind everything. The way I've figured things is that they're giving more available roles out simple enough, whereas lower volume roles are given out sparsely. I haven't heard of many costuming, but again there could be that one person who doesn't go on the internet.

Since Character Performers (Entertainment) roles are per audition, they are the one exception to the rule. Nor are positions handed out in a particular order/fashion as it's on an as-need bassis, really.

You've got pretty good hopes since you chose Merchandise and Quick Service Food and Beverage as there's typically a good amount of availibility for both! Keep Positive!

Have a Most Magical Day!

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."
―Walt Disney
RogerRadcliffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 01:44 PM   #522
Xion
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRadcliffe View Post
Hello, excellent name Xion! Definitely stay positive, and keep busy so time goes by quick! Pending is definitely on the better side of everything!

As far as departments for roles go an their acceptances, there's not really a reasoning behind everything. The way I've figured things is that they're giving more available roles out simple enough, whereas lower volume roles are given out sparsely. I haven't heard of many costuming, but again there could be that one person who doesn't go on the internet.

Since Character Performers (Entertainment) roles are per audition, they are the one exception to the rule. Nor are positions handed out in a particular order/fashion as it's on an as-need bassis, really.

You've got pretty good hopes since you chose Merchandise and Quick Service Food and Beverage as there's typically a good amount of availibility for both! Keep Positive!

Have a Most Magical Day!
Thanks! I'm a pretty big Kingdom Hearts fan, haha. Also, thanks for the response. It cleared things up and made me feel alot better over this entire process. Aaaah, I'll try to keep my head up!
Old 03-16-2013, 06:35 PM   #523
levenhopper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by surferdude View Post
Congrats! I wouldnt call 25 older (but thats because Im 24), which role did you get? Again congrats!
I agree...I'm 24 now, and will turn 25 on the trip! Welcome
levenhopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 10:07 PM   #524
leeg229
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRadcliffe View Post

Time to cover up those tattoos and take those piercings out, darn!

Funny thing is I haven't received the Disney Look message, but probably because of several reason...
Haha none of that here.

Quote:
^^^ This. Don't call 24/25 older. I'm turning 25 in September and my younger sister loves to remind me how old I am and I think I'm still pretty young
Old 03-17-2013, 12:02 AM   #525
JuRuss
Earning My Ears

I was pended last semester for 3 months and didn't receive an acceptance. I replied last week had my interview and wed and my acceptance letter fri. I received custodial, though I listed little to know interest, I am happy for the opportunity. Heard it can be quite fun.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: