Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2013, 01:17 AM   #496
lego606
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by keysah View Post
I'm really worried. It'll be a month on Sunday that I've been pended. My first choice was entertainment. So, I was thinking that they could be waiting to send my acceptance letter until my audition next Tuesday in Charlotte. Does anyone think this could be a possibility? Or has any experience with being pended this long?
For fall 2012 I was pended for 3 months and got NLIC, but at least 5 of my friends were pended for 1 month and got accepted in their first choice role and location
Old 03-14-2013, 02:07 AM   #497
Jakey1
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lego606 View Post
For fall 2012 I was pended for 3 months and got NLIC, but at least 5 of my friends were pended for 1 month and got accepted in their first choice role and location
Oh my gosh, that makes me feel so much better. xP

Today marks 3 weeks that I've been pending now! I was really wondering if/when too long is too long. But that made me more hopeful
Jakey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-14-2013, 02:22 AM   #498
surferdude
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I'm really worried. It'll be a month on Sunday that I've been pended. My first choice was entertainment. So, I was thinking that they could be waiting to send my acceptance letter until my audition next Tuesday in Charlotte. Does anyone think this could be a possibility? Or has any experience with being pended this long?
If I remember right they do wait for your audition to accept you for any(?) role... I remember either hearing or reading something about auditions and that you will basically be pending until after your audition. Dont be too nervous though, it might just be the departments you want havent chosen or waiting for something else. Either way if you have been pending this long, Id take it as a sign that they do want you but that they havent chosen what to do with you yet
surferdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:37 AM   #499
Cais
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by surferdude

If I remember right they do wait for your audition to accept you for any(?) role... I remember either hearing or reading something about auditions and that you will basically be pending until after your audition. Dont be too nervous though, it might just be the departments you want havent chosen or waiting for something else. Either way if you have been pending this long, Id take it as a sign that they do want you but that they havent chosen what to do with you yet
Hasn't been true for a few years now. Now they accept you and then if you qualify they switch you to entertainment.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 03-14-2013, 09:14 AM   #500
keysah
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by surferdude

Okay that makes me feel better. My audition is Tuesday so hopefully I'll hear something sometime next week! Thank you for the advice!
keysah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:32 AM   #501
jordanri
i am disgruntled in every childhood photo from disney

Quote:
you literally can be pended until the date they gave you and longer, they have moved the date back 2 weeks before

2012 Disney College Program Children's Activities Hostess • 2012 Disney's Contemporary Resort & Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort • 2012 Disney's Port Orleans French Quarter Resort • 2012 Disney's Pop Century Resort • 2011 Disney College Program Attractions Hostess • 2011 Disney's Pop Century Resort • 2008 Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort • 2004 Off-Site Band Trip • 2001 Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort • 1999 Disney's Port Orleans Resort • 1997 Disney's Dixie Landings Resort • 1995 Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort • 1994 Disney's Port Orleans Resort
jordanri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:33 AM   #502
jordanri
i am disgruntled in every childhood photo from disney

Quote:
Okay that makes me feel better. My audition is Tuesday so hopefully I'll hear something sometime next week! Thank you for the advice!
also they do not wait to accept you for any role. i had a friend who was accepted as qsfb and then was re-accepted after in to character performer...

2012 Disney College Program Children's Activities Hostess • 2012 Disney's Contemporary Resort & Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort • 2012 Disney's Port Orleans French Quarter Resort • 2012 Disney's Pop Century Resort • 2011 Disney College Program Attractions Hostess • 2011 Disney's Pop Century Resort • 2008 Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort • 2004 Off-Site Band Trip • 2001 Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort • 1999 Disney's Port Orleans Resort • 1997 Disney's Dixie Landings Resort • 1995 Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort • 1994 Disney's Port Orleans Resort
jordanri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:02 AM   #503
khancock
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by surferdude View Post
If I remember right they do wait for your audition to accept you for any(?) role... I remember either hearing or reading something about auditions and that you will basically be pending until after your audition.
This was true at one time many years ago. No longer.

They talk about your options if you receive an offer for another role prior to the audition in the FAQ's above the audition info.

https://disneyprogramsblog.com/?p=6104
khancock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:06 AM   #504
touchthesky
Mouseketeer

Congrats to everyone who got accepted in yesterday's wave! Merchandise was my number 2 choice, so I'm getting worried now, but I'm hoping that they're considering me for character attendant instead =)

Ugh, I just don't want to be pending anymore haha

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind
touchthesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:34 PM   #505
surferdude
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cais View Post
Hasn't been true for a few years now. Now they accept you and then if you qualify they switch you to entertainment.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Please disregard my statement, what I saw must have been old and not realized it. So sorry but keep in mind that doesnt mean they wont pick you
surferdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:58 PM   #506
ValiantHeart
Mouseketeer

Hey guys! It's been a while since I've posted here, but after being pending almost a month, yesterday I was accepted for Merchandise, Fall 2013! I'll be checking in August 5th and I am SO EXCITED!!!!
ValiantHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:20 PM   #507
njprincess601
DIS Veteran

Just had my phone interview!! I think it went well! Now it's just the waiting game.
njprincess601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 03:34 PM   #508
misscpround2
Earning My Ears

are you from nj?
misscpround2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 04:31 PM   #509
Jakey1
Earning My Ears

I just got another e-mail from Disney and had a mini heart attack! But it was just another pending email to let me know they haven't forgotten about me! xP kinda bummed cuz I was hoping for acceptance but pending is still better than NLIC!
Jakey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:14 PM   #510
leeg229
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey1 View Post
I just got another e-mail from Disney and had a mini heart attack! But it was just another pending email to let me know they haven't forgotten about me! xP kinda bummed cuz I was hoping for acceptance but pending is still better than NLIC!
I kind of had the same thing happen to me. I got an email and saw it was from Disney. I thought it was about the PIs I applied for but no.... it was about the Disney look. Ugh

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: