Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2013, 07:29 PM   #466
RogerRadcliffe
Imagineering

Congratulations to those of you who just finished your interviews!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewpointe View Post
I never post on here but I wanted to say that I have been accepted in the DCP for the fall quarter this year working for Merchandise. It was a last minute idea and I saw they were accepting applications for the fall just a few weeks ago and I've always wanted to apply. I decided to go for it.

Now I'm super excited and accepted the offer so I'm waiting for my next step currently.

Any tips?
Congrats on accepting Merchandise, and the first Fall Quarter person I've met.

Once you've already accepted your offer, paid your fees, and chosen your dates I would most definitely recommend checking out the onboarding site.

Also, if you haven't already make sure that you've got everything situated with your school for Financial Aid or anything else you may need to keep in good standing during your program.

Other than that, make your plans on how you're going to get down to Florida!

Have a Magical Day!

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."
―Walt Disney
RogerRadcliffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:28 AM   #467
IdobelieveinDisney
Earning My Ears

Man three days ago I find out I got accepted into Fall Advantage - Recreation and on the same day found out I can no longer do the program..D: But congrats to the rest of you! I'm totally jealous, can't wait til I can apply again and actually accept!
IdobelieveinDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-08-2013, 08:24 AM   #468
nerdydisneygirl90
Earning My Ears

I got NLIC'd this morning.
nerdydisneygirl90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:30 AM   #469
angelmichelle
Mouseketeer

How have you guys worked out college class credit? Unfortunately I didn't have AP in high school (so I need full course load every semester), so it looks like I'll be doing 2 summer classes one summer and such to graduate on time if I do the DCP. Did your college accept any class credit or say they would? Just wondering. Congratulations to those who made it, and to those who didn't, try try try again!

angelmichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:36 AM   #470
levenhopper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdydisneygirl90 View Post
I got NLIC'd this morning.
I'm so sorry.

But don't let this stop you from trying again! Look on the bright side...if you had been NLIC'd at the end of the decision window, your 6-month non-reapply window would still be in effect for Fall, 2014. But, by getting it now, you will (probably) be able to reapply for the fall!
levenhopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:34 AM   #471
leeg229
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by levenhopper View Post
I'm so sorry.

But don't let this stop you from trying again! Look on the bright side...if you had been NLIC'd at the end of the decision window, your 6-month non-reapply window would still be in effect for Fall, 2014. But, by getting it now, you will (probably) be able to reapply for the fall!
For what it's worth, the 6 month waiting period applies only to failed WBIs. If she passed her WBI then she can apply right away next season, so that's a little bit of good news.
Old 03-08-2013, 05:36 PM   #472
nerdydisneygirl90
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by levenhopper View Post
I'm so sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeg229 View Post
For what it's worth, the 6 month waiting period applies only to failed WBIs. If she passed her WBI then she can apply right away next season, so that's a little bit of good news.
Thank you for the info, yeah I passed the WBI. It was the phone interview I failed.
nerdydisneygirl90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 06:00 PM   #473
hystericas
Earning My Ears

still nothing, so stressful. ahhhhh.

hystericas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:43 PM   #474
AliceinDisneyWorld
Curiouser and curiouser

Hi everyone! I just was accepted this past week for QSFB for the Fall program! I've been wanting to do the college program since I was in undergrad (I'm graduating from a graduate program this summer) and I still don't believe that I'm moving to Disney in August. Can't wait to meet everyone and hang out in the happiest place on Earth!
AliceinDisneyWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:08 PM   #475
Disney4life222
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceinDisneyWorld View Post
Hi everyone! I just was accepted this past week for QSFB for the Fall program! I've been wanting to do the college program since I was in undergrad (I'm graduating from a graduate program this summer) and I still don't believe that I'm moving to Disney in August. Can't wait to meet everyone and hang out in the happiest place on Earth!
Congratulations! I haven't seen anyone else from grad school on here yet...unless I over looked it?. I too had wanted to do it in undergrad but never had the time. I will have to take some online courses during the program though as I'm not quite finished yet.
Disney4life222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:57 AM   #476
dewpointe
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRadcliffe View Post
Congratulations to those of you who just finished your interviews!

Congrats on accepting Merchandise, and the first Fall Quarter person I've met.

Once you've already accepted your offer, paid your fees, and chosen your dates I would most definitely recommend checking out the onboarding site.

Also, if you haven't already make sure that you've got everything situated with your school for Financial Aid or anything else you may need to keep in good standing during your program.

Other than that, make your plans on how you're going to get down to Florida!

Have a Magical Day!

I am in the process of figuring out how to deal with my school credit. There are people who have done the Disney Program before and they directed me to her. Just waiting for an e-mail back regarding how I will go about with school and the program. Hoping to know by tomorrow so I can send out my fees then choose my dates.

I'm not stressing because there isn't much I can do at this point.

And for those still waiting or who were not accepted, Don't worry! Be Happy! You can try again eventually and you will get a response if you haven't yet gotten one.

Old 03-09-2013, 01:13 PM   #477
hystericas
Earning My Ears

sigh. day 19 since the interview, and still nothing. why are they doing this to meeee.

Old 03-09-2013, 01:38 PM   #478
Time Traveler
the best around

I got a second "pending" email yesterday; I have been pending for over 3 weeks now. Scared me (again) because it begins with "Thank you for your interest".
Old 03-09-2013, 03:57 PM   #479
touchthesky
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time Traveler View Post
I got a second "pending" email yesterday; I have been pending for over 3 weeks now. Scared me (again) because it begins with "Thank you for your interest".
Good to know it starts the same way. I'd have probably freaked out instantly otherwise. I'm in the pending boat, too (not quite 2 weeks yet for me). I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for both of us.

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind
touchthesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 12:41 PM   #480
hystericas
Earning My Ears

So I have apparently been pended, and I was pended on the 21st after having my interview on the 18th and didn't even know until now when I decided to explore my dashboard.
My stress level just completely skyrocketed.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: