Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2013, 10:22 PM   #451
lrsendek
Faith and trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeganHaulbrook View Post
If you decline the attractions position and you don't get a character position then you won't get a position at all. I was told to accept whatever position I was given then go to auditions and they will move you.
Also, if you get placed as a character and you change your mind about wanting to be a character, you also lose your position; I may be wrong about that but that's what I was told by someone today.
I know the first part is correct though, that's what my phone interviewer told me.

Megan - "I want adventure in the great wide somewhere..." Belle
Well I want to go down like no other! Unfortunately my mother is not for it completely unless I get hired for a character performer. I know that if I decline my position for attractions I will not be able to get that back, but if I were to decline and go to the audition would it harm my audition results? Especially if they find out I have declined that position?
Thanks again
lrsendek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:31 PM   #452
lego606
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrsendek View Post
Well I want to go down like no other! Unfortunately my mother is not for it completely unless I get hired for a character performer. I know that if I decline my position for attractions I will not be able to get that back, but if I were to decline and go to the audition would it harm my audition results? Especially if they find out I have declined that position?
Thanks again
Nope, I don't think the people at the auditions even have access to your application history.

That said Character Performer is a very limited role :/
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-05-2013, 10:44 PM   #453
lrsendek
Faith and trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by lego606 View Post
Nope, I don't think the people at the auditions even have access to your application history.

That said Character Performer is a very limited role :/
I know it is limited :/
I am an upcoming sophomore in college and my mother feels I have many more years to try if I don't get hired as a performer this year. I just don't want to accept the position for Attractions, pay the processing fee, just to have to decline it. Then it hindering me when I want to apply for another semester. I am just stuck between a rock and a hard place on what to do. I know Attractions would be amazing! I am so grateful but I feel as if I would regret it.
lrsendek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:01 AM   #454
RogerRadcliffe
Imagineering

Many congratulations to those accepted! ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaceyM View Post
Is there anyone here who has done Main Entrance Ops? What's it like?
Congratulations on accepting MEO! There was a gal from last Fall Semester who had quite a descriptive blog from her program, which I can find for you if you'd like. It's definitely a great guest interaction role, and I wouldn't turn it down. You're most likely going to be turnstiles/parking moreso than anything else. Definitely check out the link Lyanne posted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindyCityKid View Post
Accepted! Lifeguard for Fall Advantage 2013 @ WDW!!! Roomate searching time!

interview was on the 22nd, got my acceptance email last night!
Congratulations on Lifeguard, I totally wish I was doing that! Most of the lifeguards I know right now are fully trained, but since BB and TL have been on-and-off scheduling they've been placed elsewhere in the meatime.

I'd also recommend checking out this thread for Roommates:

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3067696

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrsendek View Post
I know it is limited :/
I am an upcoming sophomore in college and my mother feels I have many more years to try if I don't get hired as a performer this year. I just don't want to accept the position for Attractions, pay the processing fee, just to have to decline it. Then it hindering me when I want to apply for another semester. I am just stuck between a rock and a hard place on what to do. I know Attractions would be amazing! I am so grateful but I feel as if I would regret it.
Just so you have an idea what's in store I'd definitely check out the Character Heights/CP Auditions thread and Character Performer Auditions thread as they're both tremendously helpful!

The only piece of advice I would give you is to do what you think you'll enjoy most. If you're fine with accepting Attractions, and the possibility of staying in that role then go for it! If you're not going to be satisfied with anything other than Character Performer, or possibly terming if you get Attractions, then don't. It's really a question to as yourself, as only you can answer it in the end. You're an adult and can make your own decisions, I hope.

Pursue your dreams.

Have a Magical Day!

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."
―Walt Disney
RogerRadcliffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:52 AM   #455
Jakey1
Earning My Ears

Ugh I've been dealing with so much crap from my University trying to get approval to do this college program! I haven't even been accepted yet, but I obviously am trying to plan ahead in case I am accepted. I have a scholarship and need to maintain it, but also want to do Disney this fall. And I am required to work on campus 75 hours per semester for this scholarship. SO I was told I could pre-work those hours in the spring/summer and enroll in online classes to take while in Disney, but now my boss is making it really difficult for me. She is against me doing the program and I have no idea why. It's none of her freakin' business! And my University doesn't allow me to do the program through the school for internship hours because apparently Disney has been dishonest and lied to them about what students were doing down there and stuff. Their words, not mine. I spoke with the lady who heads my scholarship department, and she said IF I get accepted I can write a letter stating my intent and request pre-work hours and she will probably approve it so hopefully everything works out! Sorry but I needed to vent after today! My Disney dreams were almost crushed!!
Jakey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:36 PM   #456
Iris
Not-so-secretly wishing to own the Disney Wonder
Loves her Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey1 View Post
Ugh I've been dealing with so much crap from my University trying to get approval to do this college program! I haven't even been accepted yet, but I obviously am trying to plan ahead in case I am accepted. I have a scholarship and need to maintain it, but also want to do Disney this fall. And I am required to work on campus 75 hours per semester for this scholarship. SO I was told I could pre-work those hours in the spring/summer and enroll in online classes to take while in Disney, but now my boss is making it really difficult for me. She is against me doing the program and I have no idea why. It's none of her freakin' business! And my University doesn't allow me to do the program through the school for internship hours because apparently Disney has been dishonest and lied to them about what students were doing down there and stuff. Their words, not mine. I spoke with the lady who heads my scholarship department, and she said IF I get accepted I can write a letter stating my intent and request pre-work hours and she will probably approve it so hopefully everything works out! Sorry but I needed to vent after today! My Disney dreams were almost crushed!!
Hope it all works out for you. My DD was accepted for Lifeguard but when she went to pay, she realized that she had been accepted for Fall Advantage instead of Fall even though she swears she applied for Fall. She has a class she is taking over the summer that doesn't end until the beginning of August which is why she had applied to Fall. She said she even remembers discussing the Fall Program with her interviewer as well. But when she went to pick her dates, it was Fall Advantage. She called recruiting and they pretty much told her she is out of luck, no changes. She said the lady wasn't very nice about it either. So now she had to decline the offer. This was her last chance because she graduates in May (she is only taking a summer course to improve a previous grade for a requirement). Sigh....

Formerly of #462 and #737 Disneyland-1967&1987 : Prior trips to WDW-1971,1975,1976,1981,1986,1991,Every year since 1994 Disney Wonder Cruises: 2001,2002,2003; Nov.3, 2004-DVC AKL (last trip as a CM~ )December 7-10, 2004 Pop with DD for 1st trip to Pop Warner ChampionshipsJune 2005-DVC SS; Dec. 8-11, 2005 All stars with DDs for Pop Warner ChampionshipsDec. 23, 2005 - Boardwalk~Christmas at WDW!! Royal Carribbean Cruise 2005July 6-13, 2006 ~ Boardwalk DVCDLR ~ February 17-22, 2007~1st time in 20 years!June 18-25, 2007~OKW DVC September 9-13,2007~AKL DVC;June 2008~OKW DVC;JUNE 2009~ OKW DVC September 2009~DVC WL; 2 trips in one year!;Aug29-Sept.5,2010-DVC OKW~Taking DD to WDW for CareerStart!!;December 9-15, 2010 @DVC SSR to see Steph! February 26-March 4, 2011~OKW DVC to see Steph as a Character Performer!!:May 11-16,2011~OKW DVC to help move Steph permanently to Florida!;June 22-27,2011-quick trip to see Steph;Oct. 13-22, 2011-Girls trip!;Dec.4-10, 2011~DVC SSR to see Steph in the castle show!,3/27-4/1/12~Off property to help Steph move!:Nov.8-13,2012~DVC-F&W5K&visit Steph!
Iris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:51 PM   #457
Jakey1
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iris View Post
Hope it all works out for you. My DD was accepted for Lifeguard but when she went to pay, she realized that she had been accepted for Fall Advantage instead of Fall even though she swears she applied for Fall. She has a class she is taking over the summer that doesn't end until the beginning of August which is why she had applied to Fall. She said she even remembers discussing the Fall Program with her interviewer as well. But when she went to pick her dates, it was Fall Advantage. She called recruiting and they pretty much told her she is out of luck, no changes. She said the lady wasn't very nice about it either. So now she had to decline the offer. This was her last chance because she graduates in May (she is only taking a summer course to improve a previous grade for a requirement). Sigh....
Thanks! I do too!

And that's so strange! Would have been nice if they could have just moved her into the fall program..somehow I imagine even if it was Disney's fault they wouldn't admit it.. That really stinks though. Hope she gets to feeling better over the whole thing
Old 03-06-2013, 01:46 PM   #458
hystericas
Earning My Ears

day 16 since the interview, still haven't gotten any kind of email. I haven't been pended or anything.
this makes me so stressed. haha. :c
hystericas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:50 PM   #459
Wishes Count
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hystericas View Post
day 16 since the interview, still haven't gotten any kind of email. I haven't been pended or anything.
this makes me so stressed. haha. :c
Don't worry. I was in the same position, waited 18 days without hearing anything and then got my top choice! Several others who waited this long were also accepted into their top choices. Hang in there!
Old 03-07-2013, 01:33 AM   #460
Nensense
Earning My Ears

So the Beauty and the Beast tour came to Sacramento tonight and me and my friend (who just got accepted to the DCP last night) went to see it! It was absolutely amazing! Definitely got me so much more pumped for the DCP and makes me hope that I get accepted even more!
Nensense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:31 AM   #461
dewpointe
Earning My Ears

I never post on here but I wanted to say that I have been accepted in the DCP for the fall quarter this year working for Merchandise. It was a last minute idea and I saw they were accepting applications for the fall just a few weeks ago and I've always wanted to apply. I decided to go for it.

Now I'm super excited and accepted the offer so I'm waiting for my next step currently.

Any tips?
Old 03-07-2013, 11:42 AM   #462
hystericas
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishes Count View Post
Don't worry. I was in the same position, waited 18 days without hearing anything and then got my top choice! Several others who waited this long were also accepted into their top choices. Hang in there!
I've got my fingers crossed!

hystericas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:26 PM   #463
Jakey1
Earning My Ears

Today marks 2 weeks since I was pended. Hangin' in there

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewpointe View Post
I never post on here but I wanted to say that I have been accepted in the DCP for the fall quarter this year working for Merchandise. It was a last minute idea and I saw they were accepting applications for the fall just a few weeks ago and I've always wanted to apply. I decided to go for it.
Congratulations!!!
Old 03-07-2013, 02:11 PM   #464
nerdydisneygirl90
Earning My Ears

Had my phone interview this afternoon. My scheduled time was 1:45, she called at about 1:52. Here name was Nancy, she was really nice and sounded like she was really happy to talk to me. The interview lasted about 15 minutes. I remembered to call her by her name and she seemed pleased that I did. I'm hoping that she liked my answers.
nerdydisneygirl90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:25 PM   #465
WDWlover89
Earning My Ears

Whew! I just got done with the WBI, after failing last time, and I passed! So much weight off of my shoulders. Now I get to stress out about my phone interview on Monday. . Congrats to everyone accepted so far!
WDWlover89 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: