Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2013, 12:16 PM   #436
StaceyM
Earning My Ears

Just got my acceptance letter! Main Entrance Operations Fall 2013! Wooooo

Have to admit, I am a bit worried that I'll be driving a tram or stuck out directing people where to park. I'm a bit bummed that I won't get to see and experience as much stuck at the front but I'm going to make the best of it.

Is there anyone here who has done Main Entrance Ops? What's it like?

Last edited by StaceyM; 03-05-2013 at 12:30 PM.
StaceyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:23 PM   #437
AliSW
\

Does anyone know how to ask about switching a role for medical reasons? Because when I did custodial before after about 5 months I got a horrible breakout of acne, like the cystic kind and I had to wait until I was home to go to the doctor and get a prescription but it's not totally gone still and my mom thinks it's from when I was there. My skin before was normal and no one else in my family ever had that happen. I wonder if that's enough for me to switch. I guess I'd probably have to get proof or something though?

and I'm not meaning I'd lie or do anything to get out of custodial because I did have fun in it anyway but I definitely don't want to deal with a horrible face again haha.
AliSW is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-05-2013, 01:29 PM   #438
SnowWhite123
Earning My Ears

Congrats!

I am so sorry, school as been crazy this past week due to spring break next week, so I haven't been able to get on in a while. But I just wanted to say congrats to everyone who has been accepted!! I am so happy for you and I know that the experience will be wonderful! I am still pending, but staying positive in the process. So for all of those in my boat, good luck and stay positive! We will all hear something back soon!

Just a quick question, has anyone been accepted that was pended? Sorry if this was posted earlier and I just missed it!

Once again, congrats to everyone!!
SnowWhite123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:11 PM   #439
lego606
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
Congrats to both of you! Are both of you Disneyland or just you, lego606? What roles were you offered? I hadn't heard of any acceptances today for Disneyland so it was good to hear (I'm pended for DL).
Oh, sorry, should've clarified. I got in about a week or two ago with the first DLR Attractions wave but only posted just now. That said there were a few QSFB Restaurants, PhotoPass, and Vacation Planners at around 10 AM EST this morning
Old 03-05-2013, 02:12 PM   #440
WindyCityKid
(It really is windy)

Accepted! Lifeguard for Fall Advantage 2013 @ WDW!!! Roomate searching time!

interview was on the 22nd, got my acceptance email last night!
WindyCityKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:46 PM   #441
Lyanne and Stitch
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindyCityKid View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaceyM View Post

Have to admit, I am a bit worried that I'll be driving a tram or stuck out directing people where to park. I'm a bit bummed that I won't get to see and experience as much stuck at the front but I'm going to make the best of it.

Congratulations to both!

My roomie from my last program work MEO but not in the parking. She worked MK turnstiles and also did Parade Audience Control around the park.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, MEO in MK are the ones who handle the fastpasses and the queue at Town Square Theater to meet Mickey and the princesses but I don't know if they train all the CPs for that.

This thread about MEO should be helpful:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2898836

Last edited by Lyanne and Stitch; 03-05-2013 at 03:12 PM.
Lyanne and Stitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:52 PM   #442
keysah
Earning My Ears

My interview was the 17th. I was pended. I'm still pending!! should this worry me?
keysah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:02 PM   #443
Wishes Count
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by keysah View Post
My interview was the 17th. I was pended. I'm still pending!! should this worry me?
Nope. The pending email states that you will hear back by April 19th. You are still in consideration otherwise they would have just told you were "No Longer In Consideration". Hopefully they are just trying to find the right spot for you!
Old 03-05-2013, 07:10 PM   #444
Jakey1
Earning My Ears

Congrats to everyone who has made it!!!

Today marks 2 weeks since my phone interview. Still pending but staying positive and hopeful!
Jakey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:11 PM   #445
leeg229
Mouseketeer

Congrats to everyone who recently was accepted!!

Quote:
If you're not NLIC then you have nothing to worry about Just know that you could be waiting until April 19th to hear anything back. Around the 3rd-4th week that you're pending you should receive an email stating something like you're still pending and we haven't forgotten about you. Hang in there!
Old 03-05-2013, 07:21 PM   #446
keysah
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeg229
Congrats to everyone who recently was accepted!!

If you're not NLIC then you have nothing to worry about Just know that you could be waiting until April 19th to hear anything back. Around the 3rd-4th week that you're pending you should receive an email stating something like you're still pending and we haven't forgotten about you. Hang in there!
I'm trying my best to hang in there! The waiting is so hard haha. I check my email like every 5 minutes! I just have to be patient! It's hard because I have talked about this program for like 2 years! Now, it's here and I'm freaking out! I really hope I hear something soon!
keysah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:35 PM   #447
pipermae
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I'm trying my best to hang in there! The waiting is so hard haha. I check my email like every 5 minutes! I just have to be patient! It's hard because I have talked about this program for like 2 years! Now, it's here and I'm freaking out! I really hope I hear something soon!
Do you have an iPhone? If so, you can make the Disney e-mail address a "VIP" and set a special ring tone to it. You can even customize what the vibrations do if your phone is on vibrate. That's what I did.
May&June 2010 - POP w/ new friends!
March 2011 - All Star Sports to celebrate our engagement!
August 2011 thru January 2012 - Disney College Program, Attractions Hostess at Rock 'N' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith
January 2012 to January 2013 - Seasonal Cast Member at Rock 'N' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith (visited in June and October in 2012)
March 2013 - Married at Disney World on 03-13-13!
Fall 2013 DCP - Attractions (Location: Sum of All Thrills)
pipermae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:47 PM   #448
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaceyM View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindyCityKid View Post

Congrats to both of you! I checked my Dashboard this afternoon and got NLIC'd. This was my last time but I'm still in progress for one PI so hopefully that will work out.

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
heaven2dc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:05 PM   #449
lrsendek
Faith and trust

Smile

I got my acceptance email today as an Attractions CM! I still plan on auditioning for a character performer role March 17. If I were to decline this position before my audition, would it hinder my results for that?

If anyone could answer that, that would be great! Congratulations to you all!!!!

Hopeful future CP performer!
lrsendek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:13 PM   #450
MeganHaulbrook
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrsendek
I got my acceptance email today as an Attractions CM! I still plan on auditioning for a character performer role March 17. If I were to decline this position before my audition, would it hinder my results for that?

If anyone could answer that, that would be great! Congratulations to you all!!!!

Hopeful future CP performer!
If you decline the attractions position and you don't get a character position then you won't get a position at all. I was told to accept whatever position I was given then go to auditions and they will move you.
Also, if you get placed as a character and you change your mind about wanting to be a character, you also lose your position; I may be wrong about that but that's what I was told by someone today.
I know the first part is correct though, that's what my phone interviewer told me.

Megan - "I want adventure in the great wide somewhere..." Belle
MeganHaulbrook is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: