Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2013, 10:54 PM   #376
cagirl4life
Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateSnowmen View Post
I'm in the same boat. I graduate this summer (should be in May, but it's a long story) and for me the next step after graduating is applying for nursing school. I didn't apply [to nursing school] for the fall, so if I don't get accepted to the CP, I won't have anything to do in the fall. I do have a backup plan, but I really hope it doesn't come to that.

I'm also pretty anxious, for exactly the same reasons that you described. That's why I don't even look at the facebook pages. If I get accepted, I'll join.

Also, after I interviewed I called my mom and went over all of the questions I was asked and the answers I gave. She has interviewed & hired (as well as rejected & fired) TONS of people in her career, and she said all of my answers to the questions were excellent. Her telling me that just freaks me out more
Haha. That would freak me out too. I am thinking about unjoining the main group mostly because a couple people there every post they make I want to punch them. But I am really enjoying the DLR group, it is such a different environment over there!

I understand graduations being pushed back. Mine got pushed back a whole year and I had to take more classes then I would like because my school is stupid on when it schedules classes, and engineering is difficult to pass haha. I kind of have a back-up, I just really want to work for Disney as my career and this is the best foot in the door. If I don't I will try and get an engineering internship in the area and try and get a PT job and kind of work my way up.

Good luck with nursing! I have a lot of friends that do it, and its an insane schooling.

DL: to many times to count, last trip August 2013!
WDW: July 1998 (Off Site); February 2006 (CBR); April 2006 (AS Sports); February 2007 (ASM); February 2008 (ASM); April 2008 (CBR); June 2008 (SSR); January 2010 (AS Sports)
cagirl4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:19 PM   #377
PirateSnowmen
Bazinga!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cagirl4life View Post
Haha. That would freak me out too. I am thinking about unjoining the main group mostly because a couple people there every post they make I want to punch them. But I am really enjoying the DLR group, it is such a different environment over there!

I understand graduations being pushed back. Mine got pushed back a whole year and I had to take more classes then I would like because my school is stupid on when it schedules classes, and engineering is difficult to pass haha. I kind of have a back-up, I just really want to work for Disney as my career and this is the best foot in the door. If I don't I will try and get an engineering internship in the area and try and get a PT job and kind of work my way up.

Good luck with nursing! I have a lot of friends that do it, and its an insane schooling.
Yes I totally know what you mean! From what I've read, it seems like it's the same people commenting every time. I'm also tired of seeing people whining about being pended on the main FB group. Like, I get it, it sucks being pended. But you don't need to complain about the same thing every couple of hours and you especially don't need to keep asking every couple of hours when you'll be accepted. We don't work for Disney so we don't know either! But, as I said, I'll join if I get accepted, especially because I'd like to meet some people before I go down and hopefully get a roommate. I've only been assigned a random roommate once, and that was my freshman year of college. It was awful

Yeah my graduation was pushed back because two of the classes I have left to take can't be taken concurrently. Apparently one is a prerequisite for the other. Of course, in my entire 4 years of school my advisor never told me that until I was being advised for this current semester and it isn't indicated anywhere online. So, this summer I'll only have 1 class left to take, but that class is only being offered as a study abroad. So, if all goes well, I may be spending the month of June in Scotland, which is why I couldn't apply for fall advantage. I won't know for another week or two if the study abroad program met its quota on people and will be allowed to go, so that's another thing I'm waiting for. If it isn't able to go, I have no idea what I'm going to do. Hopefully the class will be offered on campus this summer as a replacement for the study abroad, but if not I can't realistically come back another semester just to take one stupid class. Told you it was complicated

Sorry, that was kinda long
But, here's to hoping we all get accepted!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-01-2013, 12:14 AM   #378
cagirl4life

Quote:
Yes I totally know what you mean! From what I've read, it seems like it's the same people commenting every time. I'm also tired of seeing people whining about being pended on the main FB group. Like, I get it, it sucks being pended. But you don't need to complain about the same thing every couple of hours and you especially don't need to keep asking every couple of hours when you'll be accepted. We don't work for Disney so we don't know either! But, as I said, I'll join if I get accepted, especially because I'd like to meet some people before I go down and hopefully get a roommate. I've only been assigned a random roommate once, and that was my freshman year of college. It was awful

Yeah my graduation was pushed back because two of the classes I have left to take can't be taken concurrently. Apparently one is a prerequisite for the other. Of course, in my entire 4 years of school my advisor never told me that until I was being advised for this current semester and it isn't indicated anywhere online. So, this summer I'll only have 1 class left to take, but that class is only being offered as a study abroad. So, if all goes well, I may be spending the month of June in Scotland, which is why I couldn't apply for fall advantage. I won't know for another week or two if the study abroad program met its quota on people and will be allowed to go, so that's another thing I'm waiting for. If it isn't able to go, I have no idea what I'm going to do. Hopefully the class will be offered on campus this summer as a replacement for the study abroad, but if not I can't realistically come back another semester just to take one stupid class. Told you it was complicated

Sorry, that was kinda long
But, here's to hoping we all get accepted!
Haha no problem! Scotland would be so fun! I was never able to do that kind of stuff because my major is hard to do thing through different places, let alone countries. I wish I could have! My school offers some classes only every other semester or on the fall semester of an odd year, so it gets weird with timing everything out. And of course on the list of the suggested what you should take when, they don't tell you... and my advisor changed like every year. We finally got one who knew what she was doing and she got a promotion right at the time you register for classes. Yea that was awesome.

There is certain groups for certain day check in too. So that would be a great place to find a possible roommate. Though I have had at least 1 random roommate every year. 2 have turned out to be great friends, like 8 (I have had a lot leave at the semester haha) have been decent, and I have had 2 that are horrible. So it really is luck of the draw.

I can't to fall advantage either. I am in 2 weddings (in one week) this summer and have a couple other commitments. I actually preference DLR and hopeful that is where I get!

And figures crossed that are acceptances come soon!

WDW: July 1998 (Off Site); February 2006 (CBR); April 2006 (AS Sports); February 2007 (ASM); February 2008 (ASM); April 2008 (CBR); June 2008 (SSR); January 2010 (AS Sports)
Old 03-01-2013, 10:11 AM   #379
cagirl4life

Well I got the dreaded email this morning..... I am NLIC

Old 03-01-2013, 10:14 AM   #380
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm so sorry! This is definitely a nerve wracking process but hopefully you get the PI position. Keeping my fingers crossed and sending lots of pixie dust your way!

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
heaven2dc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:24 AM   #381
cagirl4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
I'm so sorry! This is definitely a nerve wracking process but hopefully you get the PI position. Keeping my fingers crossed and sending lots of pixie dust your way!
Thanks!!

Old 03-01-2013, 10:48 AM   #382
PirateSnowmen
Bazinga!

Accepted!!! Just got my email! Fall 2013 Attractions, which was my top choice!!

Last edited by PirateSnowmen; 03-01-2013 at 11:23 AM.
PirateSnowmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:30 AM   #383
jobro912
Mouseketeer

So it appears the acceptance wave of the day is attractions. That was my son's top choice and dream role...butalas, he got custodial. He accepted and paid, but I am still not sure he will go. Character Auditions on March 23, then we'll talk about it
jobro912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:59 AM   #384
Jakey1
Earning My Ears

Quote:
so sorry to hear that.
Keep your head up!

Quote:
CONGRATS!!
Jakey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:02 PM   #385
TerdFerguson18
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Disneyland or WDW? I had it as my second choice so i'm hoping!!!!
TerdFerguson18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:21 PM   #386
PirateSnowmen
Bazinga!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobro912 View Post
So it appears the acceptance wave of the day is attractions. That was my son's top choice and dream role...butalas, he got custodial. He accepted and paid, but I am still not sure he will go. Character Auditions on March 23, then we'll talk about it
I've heard custodial is a lot of fun! I put "low interest" for custodial, but the more I thought about it, the more I thought I would have enjoyed it. I think the only one that I put an interest for that I would have been really bummed had I got it would have been housekeeping. I definitely think he should go and good luck to him on character auditions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey1 View Post
CONGRATS!!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerdFerguson18 View Post
Disneyland or WDW? I had it as my second choice so i'm hoping!!!!
WDW! When I was interviewed, my interviewer asked for my top roles, but she didn't give a specific number that I had to say. I said Attractions & Merch were my top two, but when she asked why they were my top roles, I didn't think I gave a very good answer, so I really didn't think I'd get it. Surprised the heck outta me! And good luck to you! I know waiting is really hard.
Old 03-01-2013, 12:41 PM   #387
keysah
Earning My Ears

I'm still pending I had my phone interview on the 17th. I hoping to hear something today..
keysah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:51 PM   #388
surferdude
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by keysah View Post
I'm still pending I had my phone interview on the 17th. I hoping to hear something today..
Also still pending, I interviewed on the 22nd.

To those who were NLIC'ed, Im very sorry to hear that, but if you applied for a PI hopefully you get that!

For those who were accepted congrats!
surferdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 02:15 PM   #389
jobro912
Mouseketeer

@ Pirate...Thanks...the decision isn't at all about custodial...he is excited as all get out to have the chance...His program however is pretty intense and not real sure how to work it as far as getting credit and maintaining full time status for scholarships and financial aid...He is meeting with career services on his campus today at 3, so should have a much better idea by then.
jobro912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 02:23 PM   #390
PirateSnowmen
Bazinga!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobro912 View Post
@ Pirate...Thanks...the decision isn't at all about custodial...he is excited as all get out to have the chance...His program however is pretty intense and not real sure how to work it as far as getting credit and maintaining full time status for scholarships and financial aid...He is meeting with career services on his campus today at 3, so should have a much better idea by then.
Ahh. I see now. Sometimes I forget about having to take off from school (and how difficult it can be) since I'll have already graduated when I do the program. But, I totally understand! That's the reason why I waited until now (spring semester senior year) to apply - I just couldn't take a semester off. I truly hope it all works out for him!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: