Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2013, 10:22 PM   #361
PirateSnowmen
Bazinga!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessChelsea View Post
The link won't work for me!
All it is is just a very informal list of people who have been accepted, the job they have been accepted for, and what term (fall/fall advantage). It's not an official link; people can go to that website once they've been accepted and submit their information so that it will show.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:16 AM   #362
nerdydisneygirl90
Earning My Ears

Hello there, I'm a late comer to the program so I don't think I'll make it but I wanted to give it a shot. I just sent in my app. about 10 mins ago, so yeah... But this is my last semester so I wanted to at least try. If not I do have one more class to take in the fall so one last chance there. Always gotta look on the positive side :D

Here's hoping

So a little about me:

I'm going for an office certificate at my local just turned state college. I have an AA that was focused in Education. So I never really know what to tell people when they ask what year I am in college, I say three going by the credits I have. Even though this is my "last" semester since I am graduating in May.
nerdydisneygirl90 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-28-2013, 01:30 AM   #363
Nensense
Earning My Ears

So have any people for Fall that had been placed on pending gotten accepted yet?
Nensense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:26 PM   #364
SnowWhite123
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nensense View Post
So have any people for Fall that had been placed on pending gotten accepted yet?
No, sadly I am still pending. Has anyone else? I hope that everyone hears back soon!!
SnowWhite123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:24 PM   #365
nerdydisneygirl90
Earning My Ears

Just passed the WBI :D Gotta schedule my phone interview
nerdydisneygirl90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 02:14 PM   #366
SnowWhite123
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdydisneygirl90 View Post
Just passed the WBI :D Gotta schedule my phone interview
Congrats! I hope it all goes great!
SnowWhite123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 03:29 PM   #367
StaceyM
Earning My Ears

nervous

Hi everyone. Im Stacey. I did my phone interview on the 26th. My dashboard still just says "In Process" I got the "thanks for applying" email but nothing else. I feel like I check my dashboard between every class hoping for something.

How is "in process" different from "pending"

Thanks for this thread though its been a lifesaver
StaceyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 03:39 PM   #368
candlehead
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowWhite123

No, sadly I am still pending. Has anyone else? I hope that everyone hears back soon!!
Still waiting too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaceyM
Hi everyone. Im Stacey. I did my phone interview on the 26th. My dashboard still just says "In Process" I got the "thanks for applying" email but nothing else. I feel like I check my dashboard between every class hoping for something.

"in process" is essentially the same as pending. kind of. "pending" isn't actually something that will show on your dash, but you will get an email. it's just a classification CPers use. It means that your application will potentially be "in progress" longer than others who get an acceptance/nlic right away.

my Disney blog!
candlehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 03:45 PM   #369
StaceyM
Earning My Ears

Ah i haven't gotten any emails other than the thanks for interviewing, you'll get an update on your status...2-3 weeks blah blah" (unless thats the email you mean)
StaceyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:06 PM   #370
misscpround2
Earning My Ears

@ StacyM, that's the only email I got as well. I've checked my dashboard and it's completely blank! doesn't even said I applied I emailed tech support they said it was just a glitch, however it hasn't changed. double
misscpround2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:01 PM   #371
PirateSnowmen
Bazinga!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaceyM View Post

I'm the same way, as well as a few others here on the board. I did my phone interview on the 20th and I still haven't gotten anything more than the "thanks for applying" email (which I got around midnight EST on the 21st). As I understand it, that basically means they haven't made a decision, but they will within 2-3 weeks. No one I know of yet has waited 2-3 weeks and then received a "pending" email. From what I've seen, most people get a pending email within a few days; with a pending email they will basically say that they will make their decision by April 19th (I think that's the date). I think that's basically their way of saying "we said we'd get back to you within 2-3 weeks, so here's us getting back to you, but we need more time to make a decision."

The main difference is if you're pending, you will get an email saying you are pending a final decision. I believe it still shows up as "In progress" on your dashboard. You aren't officially pending until they send you the email saying you are.
Old 02-28-2013, 05:04 PM   #372
TerdFerguson18
Earning My Ears

Yep, me too. Interviewed the morning of the 19th, and had no word. From what I can tell it's a good sign. I'd rather be waiting with no word as opposed to getting a pending email.
TerdFerguson18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:12 PM   #373
PirateSnowmen
Bazinga!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerdFerguson18 View Post
Yep, me too. Interviewed the morning of the 19th, and had no word. From what I can tell it's a good sign. I'd rather be waiting with no word as opposed to getting a pending email.
Agreed. All of my family & friends keep telling me "no news is good news." But, I don't want to automatically think that because there is still definitely a chance of being pended/NLIC. Some people have been waiting 2+ weeks with no news, so I'm interested to see if those people will be accepted. I think that will ease my nerves a bit, but I still don't want to get too confident since there's always the chance of being declined.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:54 PM   #374
cagirl4life
Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateSnowmen View Post
Agreed. All of my family & friends keep telling me "no news is good news." But, I don't want to automatically think that because there is still definitely a chance of being pended/NLIC. But I still don't want to get too confident since there's always the chance of being declined.
I have been told the "no news is good news too". I interviewed the 22nd. I get really anxious when people who interviewed after me get accepted and even more so when someone who interviewed before me gets NLIC. I am in the hope that I am so awesome they just don't know where to place me I just want to know what I am doing next semester. I graduate in May so this is my last chance to CP and my backup to PI.

DL: to many times to count, last trip August 2013!
WDW: July 1998 (Off Site); February 2006 (CBR); April 2006 (AS Sports); February 2007 (ASM); February 2008 (ASM); April 2008 (CBR); June 2008 (SSR); January 2010 (AS Sports)
cagirl4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:50 PM   #375
PirateSnowmen
Bazinga!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cagirl4life View Post
I have been told the "no news is good news too". I interviewed the 22nd. I get really anxious when people who interviewed after me get accepted and even more so when someone who interviewed before me gets NLIC. I am in the hope that I am so awesome they just don't know where to place me I just want to know what I am doing next semester. I graduate in May so this is my last chance to CP and my backup to PI.
I'm in the same boat. I graduate this summer (should be in May, but it's a long story) and for me the next step after graduating is applying for nursing school. I didn't apply [to nursing school] for the fall, so if I don't get accepted to the CP, I won't have anything to do in the fall. I do have a backup plan, but I really hope it doesn't come to that.

I'm also pretty anxious, for exactly the same reasons that you described. That's why I don't even look at the facebook pages. If I get accepted, I'll join.

Also, after I interviewed I called my mom and went over all of the questions I was asked and the answers I gave. She has interviewed & hired (as well as rejected & fired) TONS of people in her career, and she said all of my answers to the questions were excellent. Her telling me that just freaks me out more

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: