Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2013, 09:20 PM   #331
touchthesky
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowWhite123 View Post
I apologize I totally don't remember, but did you get pended as well?
No need to apologize, I don't think I said it. But yes, I got pended yesterday afternoon. Five days after my interview.

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind
touchthesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:30 PM   #332
Wishes Count
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateSnowmen View Post
I totally know what you mean, even though I haven't been waiting as long as you have. I only had my phone interview last Wednesday, but I haven't heard anything from them yet. I've seen people that had their interviews the same day as me or after me and have already heard back (whether it be accepted, pending, or NLIC).

Just curious, because I haven't been looking at Facebook pages, but are there many instances where people have been waiting a long time only to get pended/NLIC? Because from what I've seen, people are getting pended/NLIC pretty quickly. But, I know there isn't a pattern, so I was just curious.

Also, to those trying to find patterns, I had my phone interview last Wednesday, my top choices were attractions and merchandise, and I haven't heard anything back.

I haven't seen anyone on Facebook who has been waiting this long be pended. But I mean it still could happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyanne and Stitch View Post
I'm in the exact same boat. I interviewed on the 10th and I haven't heard anything all yet! (And also haven't been posting to not jinx myself! Knock on wood!)
I'm trying not to loose it. Haha!

I just hope we hear good news soon! :
Glad I'm not the only one!! Like I said above, I will gladly wait until the last day if they will give me one of my top choices!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jAcKs_x0 View Post
It's interesting to notice people getting pended right away and then there's people waiting over two weeks with no response. I wonder what their logic is? I cant imagine they really read peoples applications in under 24 hours (when those have gotten pending emails) yet others have been waiting long long times with no emails at all? Puts my vote in just a very very random sequence of notifications.
I have no idea how it works. I have heard there is no pattern for roles, but it seems like a lot of the people who have been accepted on Facebook are for Merch and QSFB.

I'm just so nervous and I want this so much! If I don't get into the CP or a PI I don't know what I will do I know this is everyone's dream too but I've really put all my eggs in this basket. I guess I better start applying for jobs around home so I wont be unemployed when I graduate
Register to remove

Old 02-26-2013, 09:49 PM   #333
RogerRadcliffe
Imagineering

Congratulations to those who have been accepted! To everyone else, I hope something great comes of it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skmokyle View Post
I was actually a bit surprised that I landed the role as my main was Attractions, but looking back I did emphasize spieling quite a bit which is prevalent in Transportation (I have no experience with a radio, but the mic at Six Flags isn't much different).
Ah, that most definitely makes sense! I've had theatre experience, but not much ride/operation experience. I'm more of building, designing, and constructing sort of guys that builds what you're then paid to operate! I think you'll find transportation, quite similar but still unique.

I'm quite interested to see what location you're given as it really sounds awesome, and I really wish I Would have applied for that position!

Quote:
Originally Posted by candlehead View Post
my top three were merchandise, attractions, and custodial. It took me almost the whole two weeks before my interview to decide those, lol.
You definitely chose more-open and available roles, as from what I've figured Custodial, QSFB, and Merch have pretty high capacities. I'm sure something excellent will come of it since you're so willing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishes Count View Post
Anyone else in the same boat? Interviewed a while ago and haven't heard anything?
Kate, this has happened before, mainly for those folk who apply for both the DCP and Internships as I could imagine where they're trying to place you. Just finding a best fit is all. I expect you'll hear back sometime soon since you're alumni and a previous CM. By the way, did they happen to ask anything in relation to being a CM for your CP interview?

Lyanne, I hope you hear back SOON too!!!

Luck, and Have a Magical Day!

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."
―Walt Disney
RogerRadcliffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:14 PM   #334
WDWlover89
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishes Count
I'm just so nervous and I want this so much! If I don't get into the CP or a PI I don't know what I will do I know this is everyone's dream too but I've really put all my eggs in this basket. I guess I better start applying for jobs around home so I wont be unemployed when I graduate
I know how you feel. I graduated in December and did not get into the Spring program so I'm taking one class just so I could try again. I don't have any backup plan at all and I'm just counting down the days until I can reapply. I also haven't been looking for a job just in case I get into the DCP.

Good luck to you and everyone else waiting to hear back and congrats to everyone that was already accepted!
WDWlover89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:56 PM   #335
touchthesky
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWlover89 View Post
I know how you feel. I graduated in December and did not get into the Spring program so I'm taking one class just so I could try again. I don't have any backup plan at all and I'm just counting down the days until I can reapply. I also haven't been looking for a job just in case I get into the DCP.

Good luck to you and everyone else waiting to hear back and congrats to everyone that was already accepted!
I was thinking about doing that if I didn't get accepted. Do you mind me asking how its working out for you? I'm just wondering if it might be more trouble than its worth. Having to get accepted to the school and everything again...

Old 02-26-2013, 11:08 PM   #336
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

I just learned in our FB group for Disneyland CP that they aren't accepting any more people in Guest Services, Front Desk or Disney Desk. From what I understand, people are being told this in their interview. This is very disheartening since those are my top 3 roles.

Has anyone else heard anything like this?

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
heaven2dc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:17 PM   #337
WDWlover89
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchthesky

I was thinking about doing that if I didn't get accepted. Do you mind me asking how its working out for you? I'm just wondering if it might be more trouble than its worth. Having to get accepted to the school and everything again...
Not at all! It really wasn't bad because I was still considered a student, even though I graduated, so I didn't have to be accepted to the school again. So I simply signed up for one class just like I would have done before. I am taking a digital photography class that I had wanted to take but never found the time. I love it and is a little different only having one class, but I think it's definitely worth it especially since it means I get another chance to apply. I'm also hoping that this class will help me get a Photopass role.
WDWlover89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:00 AM   #338
Wishes Count
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRadcliffe

Kate, this has happened before, mainly for those folk who apply for both the DCP and Internships as I could imagine where they're trying to place you. Just finding a best fit is all. I expect you'll hear back sometime soon since you're alumni and a previous CM. By the way, did they happen to ask anything in relation to being a CM for your CP interview?
On my CP interview she didn't really ask too much. She asked why I wanted to do the program again but she wanted to know how my experiences outside of Disney have prepared me for the roles I chose. I tried to talk about my previous CP in front desk as much as I could by mentioning it here and there. I felt uneasy after my interview as she was very formal.

On my PI interview we talked a little bit about my previous roles as well. I think that interview went so much better than the CP. She told me if I am offered the CP to accept and then if they offer me a PI I can switch over, so I was under the impression that I would hear back about the CP first.

So I am just trying to wait patiently until I hear something!
Old 02-27-2013, 08:45 AM   #339
touchthesky
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know if you would be able to switch from a PI to the college program? I've got my heart set on the CP, but I also applied for a couple PIs that I don't really think I have a shot at, but who knows. I figured I'd hear about the CP first, but now that I'm pending I'm not sure about that.

Old 02-27-2013, 10:23 AM   #340
meldcp
Earning My Ears

Does arrival date affect apartment choices?

Does anyone know if choosing a later arrival date will mean fewer apartment choices? I really want to live in Patterson, so I don't want to choose the later date if that will hurt my chances. Thanks!
meldcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:54 AM   #341
Nensense
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by meldcp View Post
Does anyone know if choosing a later arrival date will mean fewer apartment choices? I really want to live in Patterson, so I don't want to choose the later date if that will hurt my chances. Thanks!
I'd like to know this as well. Because my school semester doesn't end until the 24 of May (My last class would be on the 22nd) so I'd have to do a later checkout but I really want to live in Chatham.
Nensense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:33 AM   #342
AliSW
\

I don't think it makes a difference, they have a set number for each day. How many at each complex available depends on the spring advantage people leaving.
AliSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:51 AM   #343
Hollsey
Finding my laughing place!

I'm one of those "this is my only shot" people, and it makes me feel a tiny bit better to not be alone. I think that's why pending is so frustrating--I didn't attend my school's recent career fair because I had such high hopes for the CP.

As far as apartment choices go, it's hard to say. People are coming and going all of the time, so it really depends on what's available. I had a super small check-in day, arrived at 9 am, and was only given Vista as an option (my date was June 14 on my last CP because I did the Quarters check-in). I heard there weren't any Patterson spots offered to my group, and only a few Chatham spots. If I get accepted, I'm hoping for Chatham so I have a new experience, but I really didn't mind Vista the last time!
Summer, 1996 ~ All Star Music Resort // Summer 1999 ~ All Star Sports Resort // June 2003 ~ All Star Movies Resort // July 2007 ~ Coronado Springs Resort // June 2010 - January 2011 ~ CP at All Star Music Resort's Intermission Food Court // August 2011 ~ Coronado Springs Resort // December 2011 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge

What happens when a Creative Writing nerd starts a Disney College Program Blog
Hollsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:01 PM   #344
cagirl4life
Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust!!

If anyone is interviewing today, Heads up! The system has been down for an hour now. I just got the call at my interview time that I will need to reschedule it. Then they gave me a number to call later. So don't be surprised if you get a call like that!

DL: to many times to count, last trip August 2013!
WDW: July 1998 (Off Site); February 2006 (CBR); April 2006 (AS Sports); February 2007 (ASM); February 2008 (ASM); April 2008 (CBR); June 2008 (SSR); January 2010 (AS Sports)
cagirl4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:46 PM   #345
leeg229
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by meldcp View Post
Honestly, it all depends on who is leaving when you arrive and what apartment complex they are in. I'm arriving Mon May 13th so If the people who are leaving Fri May 10th all live in Chatham and Vista then those are the only places that will have openings. Getting there earlier on check in day does improve your odds of getting what you want, but there is no guarantee that what you want will be available in the first place.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: