Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2013, 03:59 PM   #316
candlehead
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegCasey
I got accepted for custodial yesterday, and just five days after my interview! Can't wait to see you guys down there! I'll be doing the Fall Program.
Congrats! Btw i love you avatar. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nensense
Does anybody know what time-frame acceptances usually get sent out?
I haven't really noticed a pattern, but that's probably because I don't know exactly when folks have gotten their emails. I know I got my pending one at 9:44 last night, anyone else have a close time for an acceptance? It seems like evenings and mornings to me but I'm just guessing.

my Disney blog!
candlehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:47 PM   #317
SnowWhite123
Earning My Ears

Pending Status

I got my pending one around noon yesterday which would of been February 25th. I am not sure there is a pattern. My top three roles were attractions, character attendant, and merchandise. My interviewer was not as upbeat either. She was nice, but really gave no feedback or gave a small laugh when I made a joke. The interview lasted around 26 minutes or so. Congrats to all of the people who got accepted!
SnowWhite123 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-26-2013, 04:57 PM   #318
Nensense
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowWhite123 View Post
I got my pending one around noon yesterday which would of been February 25th. I am not sure there is a pattern. My top three roles were attractions, character attendant, and merchandise. My interviewer was not as upbeat either. She was nice, but really gave no feedback or gave a small laugh when I made a joke. The interview lasted around 26 minutes or so. Congrats to all of the people who got accepted!
Hm, I got my pending email exactly at 7:00pm PST last night. I've noticed that a lot of us who had Attractions as our first choice have been put on Pending. I wonder if there is a correlation.
Nensense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:05 PM   #319
candlehead
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nensense View Post
Hm, I got my pending email exactly at 7:00pm PST last night. I've noticed that a lot of us who had Attractions as our first choice have been put on Pending. I wonder if there is a correlation.
Attractions was my second choice... perhaps there is a pattern, but I've already given up looking for it. (What time zone are you guys? I'm in EST.)

Also, I read this a bit ago:
Quote:
Don’t waste time after your interview trying to speculate about what a decision may be or try to figure out some sort of pattern for roles being offered (one doesn’t exist).
source

It'll happen when it happens.

my Disney blog!
candlehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:31 PM   #320
KutlessRock
Earning My Ears

So I hadn't applied because I didn't think that my mom would be happy about it, but I was talking to her yesterday about a friend who did Spring 2012 and she said that I should apply! So I applied earlier today and passed the Web Interview just now! Now just have to wait for the email to schedule my phone interview! I can't believe that this is happening!
KutlessRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:36 PM   #321
SnowWhite123
Earning My Ears

I am in mountain time zone. It does seem like there is something with attractions. But I guess we will have to just wait.

Congrats on being able to apply! Good luck on the phone interview!
Old 02-26-2013, 05:59 PM   #322
touchthesky
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowWhite123 View Post
Our top 3 are exactly the same, just in a different order. character attendant was my number one.

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind
touchthesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:05 PM   #323
ArielinWonderland
Mouseketeer

Hello, fall 2013 people! My name is Ariel.
I'm 21, but will be 22 during the program if I am accepted. I'm currently waiting to hear back!
I applied for both resorts, but I'm hoping to be either a character attendant, PhotoPass photographer or BBB/Pirate's League host in WDW.
I did my first program in Disneyland last spring.

Last edited by ArielinWonderland; 02-26-2013 at 06:36 PM.
ArielinWonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:32 PM   #324
Nensense
Earning My Ears

Just realized I haven't really given an introduction yet lol

I'm Aaron and I'm 19 years old (Will turn 20 in August during the program) and I'm a Sophomore with a currently undeclared major. I applied for both resorts as Attractions and Custodial. Made it clear that I'm hoping for Disney World though.
Nensense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:47 PM   #325
Wishes Count
DIS Veteran

I'm getting really nervous and I almost don't want to post anything because I am afraid of jinxing myself! (knocks on wood) But I interviewed on the 11th and that was 15 days ago! I know they said 2-3 weeks but I'm anxious because people who interviewed after me are being accepted! I hope I am just on the bottom of the pile and they are going to accept me. I am really worried that I will wait the 3 weeks and they will decide to pend me! (knocks on wood again!) Then I will have to wait even longer!

Although I don't mind waiting if they will select me for my 1st or 2nd choice (Concierge or Hospitality) haha

Anyone else in the same boat? Interviewed a while ago and haven't heard anything?
Old 02-26-2013, 09:42 PM   #326
PirateSnowmen
Bazinga!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishes Count View Post
I'm getting really nervous and I almost don't want to post anything because I am afraid of jinxing myself! (knocks on wood) But I interviewed on the 11th and that was 15 days ago! I know they said 2-3 weeks but I'm anxious because people who interviewed after me are being accepted! I hope I am just on the bottom of the pile and they are going to accept me. I am really worried that I will wait the 3 weeks and they will decide to pend me! (knocks on wood again!) Then I will have to wait even longer!

Although I don't mind waiting if they will select me for my 1st or 2nd choice (Concierge or Hospitality) haha

Anyone else in the same boat? Interviewed a while ago and haven't heard anything?
I totally know what you mean, even though I haven't been waiting as long as you have. I only had my phone interview last Wednesday, but I haven't heard anything from them yet. I've seen people that had their interviews the same day as me or after me and have already heard back (whether it be accepted, pending, or NLIC).

Just curious, because I haven't been looking at Facebook pages, but are there many instances where people have been waiting a long time only to get pended/NLIC? Because from what I've seen, people are getting pended/NLIC pretty quickly. But, I know there isn't a pattern, so I was just curious.

Also, to those trying to find patterns, I had my phone interview last Wednesday, my top choices were attractions and merchandise, and I haven't heard anything back.
Old 02-26-2013, 09:49 PM   #327
Hollsey
Finding my laughing place!

Pended! Meh. I was really, really bummed when I first saw it, but my sister saw something on the Programs blog where they talked about pending, and then someone asked about it and they said it's normal for rehires to get pended? Or something like that. So I'm just hoping that it has more to do with double-checking my rehire status and such. My top three were MEO, Merchandise, and Attractions in that order (though I did put High Interest in other roles--these were just the three we talked about).

So I guess we'll wait and see!
Summer, 1996 ~ All Star Music Resort // Summer 1999 ~ All Star Sports Resort // June 2003 ~ All Star Movies Resort // July 2007 ~ Coronado Springs Resort // June 2010 - January 2011 ~ CP at All Star Music Resort's Intermission Food Court // August 2011 ~ Coronado Springs Resort // December 2011 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge

What happens when a Creative Writing nerd starts a Disney College Program Blog
Hollsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:05 PM   #328
SnowWhite123
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchthesky View Post
Our top 3 are exactly the same, just in a different order. character attendant was my number one.
I apologize I totally don't remember, but did you get pended as well?
Old 02-26-2013, 10:14 PM   #329
jAcKs_x0
Earning My Ears

It's interesting to notice people getting pended right away and then there's people waiting over two weeks with no response. I wonder what their logic is? I cant imagine they really read peoples applications in under 24 hours (when those have gotten pending emails) yet others have been waiting long long times with no emails at all? Puts my vote in just a very very random sequence of notifications.
jAcKs_x0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:17 PM   #330
Lyanne and Stitch
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishes Count

I'm in the exact same boat. I interviewed on the 10th and I haven't heard anything all yet! (And also haven't been posting to not jinx myself! Knock on wood!)
I'm trying not to loose it. Haha!

I just hope we hear good news soon! :

Lyanne and Stitch is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: