Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2013, 07:38 PM   #286
candlehead
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowWhite123
Hey everyone! I interviewed on February 20th and just received a pending email today around 12:00. Have you heard of anyone getting accepted that has had the pending status?

I just wanted to congratulate all of the people that have already gotten accepted, and to wish luck for all of those that are still waiting!

Thank you!
Being pending doesn't really change your chances of being accepted or not. It just means you have to wait longer to know. (As far as I can tell, anyhow.) One of my favorite disney bloggers was pended and had to wait til the very end of the application period to hear she'd been accepted. At least i think i read that.

my Disney blog!
candlehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:01 PM   #287
SierraRose
Earning My Ears

I got accepted for Fall 2013 last Friday doing Main Entrance Operations

Interviewed Deb 16 so took 6 days to hear back from them
SierraRose is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-25-2013, 08:20 PM   #288
RogerRadcliffe
Imagineering

Congratulations to all of those who have accepted, and best of luck to everyone else!

Quote:
Originally Posted by candlehead View Post
had my interview today, and it lasted about 20 minutes. I think I did okay but I was still so nervous. I know if I hadn't had questions to practice beforehand I'd have been lost, though, and I'm so thankful that I had those. Of course I have stuff I wish I'd have said, but it's all up to them now. Hopefully I get to hear back as quickly as some others.
I'm sure you did fantastically! Just think of what you did accomplish as it's really awesome! Here's for an acceptance soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skmokyle View Post
Hey everyone, I literally just signed up for the forum moments ago, but it's because I just got accepted to the DCP for this fall! I had my interview this past Thursday (Feb 21st) so I was a bit surprised that I already heard back, but I'll be in Transportation at WDW.
CONGRATS! I'm actually quite envious as I'm an Engineering (and Biology) major who would absolutely LOVE that role! Did you say anything specific that geared towards being place in the Transportation role?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruckelc View Post
I interviewed on the 10th and got pended today. I'm not a happy camper right now but I'm hoping that they are waiting to accept me for photopass. My fingers are crossed for all of us!
Just stay busy, and positive! I'd recommend just staying focused on what you're doing now and time will take care of the rest!

The aforementioned Pending Thread.

Best of luck, and Have a Magical Day!

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."
―Walt Disney
RogerRadcliffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:41 PM   #289
PrincessChelsea
DCP FALL 2013 MEO

Hello! My name is Chelsea, I'm from Pittsburgh, PA triple majoring in Accounting, Forensic Accounting, and Business Administration. I got accepted TODAY for the dcp fall 2013 at Walt Disney World for main entrance operations!!
Old 02-25-2013, 08:50 PM   #290
Jakey1
Earning My Ears

Has anyone been accepted for attractions yet? I haven't seen any on the FB group or in this thread. That was my #1, and I'm pending now. So I'm hoping that's a good sign haha...whenever any of you penders out there get accepted make sure to let it be known

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessChelsea View Post
Hello! My name is Chelsea, I'm from Pittsburgh, PA triple majoring in Accounting, Forensic Accounting, and Business Administration. I got accepted TODAY for the dcp fall 2013 at Walt Disney World for main entrance operations!!
Congrats Chelsea!!!
Jakey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:42 PM   #291
surferdude
Mouseketeer

My application was just moved to pending Not the news I wanted to hear from them unfortunately (Now I will be sitting around waiting and being nervous even longer). I wish I at least knew why or something ya know?
surferdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:48 PM   #292
Nensense
Earning My Ears

Dang, so I had my interview this past Friday and just got an email today that I'm now "Pending". Hopefully I still get in.

Last edited by Nensense; 02-25-2013 at 09:53 PM.
Nensense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:49 PM   #293
Nensense
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey1 View Post
Has anyone been accepted for attractions yet? I haven't seen any on the FB group or in this thread. That was my #1, and I'm pending now. So I'm hoping that's a good sign haha...whenever any of you penders out there get accepted make sure to let it be known

Congrats Chelsea!!!
Attractions was also my number 1 choice (Custodial as number 2) and just got put on pending as well.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:55 PM   #294
surferdude
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nensense View Post
Dang, so I had my interview on Friday and just got an email today that I'm now "Pending". Hopefully I still get in.

Attractions was also my number 1 choice (Custodial as number 2) and just got put on pending as well.
Interesting, my first choice was also attractions and my interview was friday. Hopefully its just an attractions thing (my number 2 and 3 were tied at recreation and merchandise).
Old 02-25-2013, 09:59 PM   #295
Cravens86
Earning My Ears

Attractions was my number one, Merch my number 2, but I got Quick Service Food and Beverage which was my number 3. I had my interview on Thursday and got accepted today!
Cravens86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:05 PM   #296
Time Traveler
the best around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nensense View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by surferdude View Post
Interesting, my first choice was also attractions and my interview was friday. Hopefully its just an attractions thing (my number 2 and 3 were tied at recreation and merchandise).
I was pended 2 days after applying, and my top roles are Concierge, Hospitality, and Vacation Planner.

Just curious, who interviewed you and how was the interview? I've seen some people on Facebook say that they had a lot of fun with the interview and that it lasted well over 20 minutes. My interview lasted ~15 minutes and my interviewer didn't say much at all aside from the questions she asked.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:14 PM   #297
Nensense
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time Traveler View Post
I was pended 2 days after applying, and my top roles are Concierge, Hospitality, and Vacation Planner.

Just curious, who interviewed you and how was the interview? I've seen some people on Facebook say that they had a lot of fun with the interview and that it lasted well over 20 minutes. My interview lasted ~15 minutes and my interviewer didn't say much at all aside from the questions she asked.
I'm having trouble remembering the girl who interviewed me's name (I know it was two syllables) but the interview lasted a little over 20 minutes, and she was really upbeat, and nice. She also mentioned that she had a bit of a cold, did anybody else have the same interviewer?
Old 02-25-2013, 10:19 PM   #298
jAcKs_x0
Earning My Ears

Quote:

I was also pended from my interview on Friday. It's weird because my interviewer was also very upbeat and responsive and my interview lasted 29 minutes. My top roles are BBB, Concierge, and Hospitality as well. It seems as though many many people got pended from Friday's interviews.
jAcKs_x0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:28 PM   #299
surferdude
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cravens86 View Post
Attractions was my number one, Merch my number 2, but I got Quick Service Food and Beverage which was my number 3. I had my interview on Thursday and got accepted today!
Did you get accepted as attractions or do you not knw for sure (I new to this so idk if they tell your right away)? But my interviewer was Caralynn, she seemed nice but gave NO feedback, she only said anything to ask a question and stayed very monotone-ish. I started upbeat (saying I was fantastic, and asking her how she was which she responded with something like fine or good), I think i stopped smiling as much towards the middle cause I was so nervous and focusing on my answer but finished smiling. It lasted 19mins, 51 secs (checked my cell phone timer), so Im not really sure what I did wrong or w.e, I thought I had good answers and all.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:14 PM   #300
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jAcKs_x0 View Post
I was also pended from my interview on Friday. It's weird because my interviewer was also very upbeat and responsive and my interview lasted 29 minutes. My top roles are BBB, Concierge, and Hospitality as well. It seems as though many many people got pended from Friday's interviews.
It's interesting that you both got pended in a hospitality type role too (I interviewed on Feb 14th, got pended on the 16th & my top roles for the Disneyland program were hospitality type roles - Guest Services, Disney Desk and Front Desk). Hope we hear something really soon!!

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
heaven2dc is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: